Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What helps you to manage your grief about things you never had in life?

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 17th, 2025


What helps you to manage your grief about things you never had in life?



Taglist  7/14/25

to add or remove your name from the taglist please click here

@00WHY00 @1Marg1 @24963534 @24Help1 @4Rainbow42 @5catsandme @7EggsADay @8Khaleesi8 @allen99 @ArinDee @Actuallynobody017 @adaptableOcean4193 @adventurousBranch3786 @adventurousSugar1991 @affableowl5126 @affectionateCat9553 @affectionatePear7889 @agreeablestrawberries1285 @ahaller @ahds2k @ahel58 @akbj @AKmarshmallow @Aksabode @alan254 @alanapiana1970 @alleywood13 @amanda @ambitiousNectarine1482 @Amelia763 @Amelia2324 @amiablePeace77 @amiableTortoise2797 @AmiYumi @amusingcranberry1537 @AmusingJet302 @anderly @andy @Angelface50 @AnnieIsMe @aquaCake3636 @ARIBA5 @Artemis13579 @AshcloudMac @Aspace4u @Audy916 @Awesomesummer1628 @ayeyaeyaaaaaaaa @azureblueheron @azuladragon34 @Baby1120 @ballooningSloth @BaltimoreSpring @bamafan96 @Barltik2065 @Beanno @beautifulsoul @becausepuppies @Beck @becknit @beachyone @believing777 @berta0322 @Bestmaple2045 @bestplum1189 @betheileen @better2Bbrave @beverlianne @bigalt21 @Billyjoe9717 @bimmernizer @BirdsWhoWrite @bisketties @bklnstar @BlackApple6420 @BLSD2021 @bluebell34 @BlueEyes1819 @blueOrange6725 @BlueSky0708 @Blueskye24 @Bluesky1964 @bluevelvet3 @Blugreg @Bodhichicka  @bogartfan @bouncyBeach42 @BookishWendy @bouncyVoice4149 @breezyoctopus @brightChestnut3152 @BrightSugar1923 @brightZebra 8925 @bubblePomegranate7179 @BurdensDown @cafelatte46 @cal1860 @CaliforniaViv @calmblueocean @calmVase7032 @Cammiecat @CandyBubblegumSprinkles @carefreeheart57 @CarefulGrapes590 @carefulsailboat231 @carelady @caringone1004 @CaringPanda45 @caringPumpkin64 @CaringSharon @CaringSoftly @CaringSub @carscarey @casey90 @cathy @catlady @Cathylistens @catmandu @caughtinthemiddle @Cazzy8752 @Cheerie @chickadee123 @Chro411924 @CHT @CintaBali @classylady521 @Cliffg747 @Clio9876 @coach411 @Communicativepenny8383 @compassionteHuman5626 @CompassionateLand2815 @Confused7461 @conscientiousCoconut8216 @convivialCake8989 @ConvivialFriend9402 @Cookiecrumbles7079 @coolvibes @CoriF @courageousCoconut7282 @CourageousDaisy1111 @courageousLemon182 @CourageousSpring2022  @courteousLime9432 @Creamyyy  @CreativeYard1702 @crimsonShade6782 @CtownMimi @ctw1237 @Cubby2020 @curiousbutterfly77 @currentwise @cyanBirch4288 @CyclingThroughLife @Damaris62 @DanaMH @DancingJoy811 @dapperPond2037 @Dave94305 @debbiehun @decisivetangerine2856 @decisiveBanana1981 @DDPaintsStuff @DeeGold @DELTA0112 @Den2542 @determinedNectarine9383 @dillon8524 @DinaElwy @diofono @diplomaticoak9588 @discreetMelon5938 @discreettriangle87 @DiscretOcean7936 @doginashirt @dolphinlver @Doodles7 @duces @ecstaticlght @einarsgirl @elderfarm @Electric100 @ElizabethGiovi @EmbStitcher33 @empathicForest15 @Emptynest2020 @emotional232023 @enigmaticOcean8813 @endearingLion70 @Enthusiasticnest1089 @equinox56 @Eva66 @Every1ahome @ExDesertScapegoat @exuberantAvocado5095 @fairmindedStrawberries7429 @Faithfulapple2400 @faithlove1111 @Favor2020 @favour @fearlessSouth4632 @FlowerLily23 @FoolsSelf @forcefulFriend4768 @forcefulStrings1005 @forcefulWriter32 @forko23 @Freeskier @FriendlyAnju777 @friendly10 @friendlyCat50 @fromthetent81 @frothyMagic6772 @FusionX33 @GabbyGee @Gabriellegahnsuksah @Gale1032 @galfromaway @gardenyarn @generousBalloon786 @gentleEast4230 @gentleLand5245 @GiftedEmpath3 @goldilocks1041 @goodmelon8247 @goodYard1477 @goodStrawberries7059 @GothamRam @gracefulDay3692 @GrammatoBoys @Grandma1 @GrandmaLolly @Gramma2FnM @Grammy23 @Grammy23 @Gr8ful1974 @Greenpear036 @greenSummer1236 @gregariousKiwi9594 @gregariousZebra21 @guitarman087 @Gwen1963 @GypsyRed @HaloCompany88 @hoppa12 @HealingGriz @Heather2020 @helloBike4402 @hellopusher @helloTalker8798 @honestPeach5447 @Hotaru419 @hounddog2021 @HY00 @iamroni @icanremember @icedcoffee211109 @IHDW1982 @ihtak @impartialDrum1848 @impartialRaspberries1389 @indigolilly1500 @indigoFriend7851 @indigoMoon1246 @innerLove @intelligentSail5966 @introvertedextrovert2122 @intuitiveBunny8426 @intuitiveFriend1097 @Ivy229 @Irene2552 @IWuzADuck @JackKost @jackrock @japanesegardengirl @jazzgtr @Jim @Jinx012014 @jlmouranet @jillwings7@JolivetteListens @JoniGirl @Judecat42W1370 @junem @justbecause @Justbreathingx9 @JustExisting1027 @JustMe1225 @justpassingthrough10 @K8tjee @kala @Katbtrying552 


31
User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 July 22nd, 2025

@amiablePeace77

What helps you to manage your grief about things you never had in life?

Reminding myself that I have much more to be grateful for.


1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP July 22nd, 2025

@trueconfidant123

That's something good to remind yourself of!

load more
User Profile: StarKnight5
StarKnight5 August 10th, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I don't have advice, but I wonder how victims of narcissistic abuse from childhood deal with the grief when they come to terms with the many normal or fun experiences they missed out on due to a lack of freedom over their lives?

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 11th, 2025

@StarKnight5

It will be hard for many and I can only hope they will reach out for support.

load more
User Profile: cass87
cass87 August 12th, 2025

I just let my self feel it and then I say it's ok it's not meant for me what's meant for me will come to me be grateful for what I have but don't stop dreaming of things I would like but it depends on what it is. I have always wanted my dad in my life I had to work through it with therapy and I greaves the fact I will never have my dad in my life the way I want him to be now he passed away and that's that

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 12th, 2025

@cass87

I'm happy you're appreciative of what you have in life instead of focusing what is missing!

So sorry for your loss cass87! Letting go of a wish like having the dad you wanted and needed in your life is difficult. 

load more
User Profile: WorkingitThrough2
WorkingitThrough2 August 21st, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I almost hate to write a response to this question only because I always feel my answers are so off keel to what they should be.

First of all, I am numb to most of my feelings and emotions, but they weigh on me physically and add stress or a heavy feeling. So maybe I don't miss what I never had. This is the only way I can answer.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 21st, 2025

@WorkingitThrough2

It's okay to say just what you feel, there is no judgement here!

Our subconscious mind can repress/suppress needs which were never fulfilled but I believe they show up in some way like when we become overly sensitive to certain things. An example could be seeing a someone crying and feeling at unease with it, having the strong desire to comfort. 

load more
User Profile: TovaCares76
TovaCares76 August 21st, 2025

"When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." -- Helen Keller

When I am practicing mindfulness, the present moment is a foyer between two doors: past behind me, future in front. I stared for so long at that back door to my past. Then I decided to board it up. Layer it with bricks. Then I turned around to face the future. I can't go back there. So why should I live back there? Things I feel I never did, like finish my degree, got tossed into the future door with hope. Regrets can turn into opportunities once we stop looking through that door behind us. And I had to let go of things that didn't happen. I think the grief softens and fades when you come to acceptance, but we all know grief is a process.

2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP August 21st, 2025

@SelfCareMatters

Great quote and I agree about acceptance!

1 reply
User Profile: TovaCares76
TovaCares76 August 22nd, 2025

@amiablePeace77

I didn't even notice that back in July, I answered with the same answer. LOVE my memory loss :)

load more
load more