Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Come See Iceberg Alley Icebergs, Seals & Polar Bears Springtime in Newfoundland Canada

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful April 1st, 2023

Did you know that Canada has an Iceberg Alley? 💕


Iceberg Alley stretches from the coast of Labrador to the southeast coast of the island of Newfoundland. Most of the more popular spots (like St. Anthony, Bonavista, Twillingate, Bonavista and St. John's/Cape Spear) are accessible by road.


Here in springtime, you will see nature in its raw rugged beauty such as icebergs, ice flows, seals 🦭, polar bears 🐻‍❄️, whales 🐋 , puffins 🐧 and so much more! The season lasts a few months so check back often to see the photos…..


Spending time in nature is linked to both cognitive benefits and improvements in mood, mental health and emotional well-being. Feeling connected to nature can produce similar benefits to well-being, regardless of how much time one spends outdoors.


What are the seasonal activities outside that bring you JOY and PEACE? Is your area known for outdoor activities?😎

144
User Profile: LostTurtle2
LostTurtle2 April 1st, 2023

OMG, this is so much better that the Alaska cruises people pay big bucks to go. Looks like you can almost touch the icebergs. I'm not touching the bears though. Can you do one and not the other?, lol

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 1st, 2023

Haha 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 indeed ! Although one polar bear looked into a doggy door 😳! The polar bears are taken in a net by helicopter 🚁 and returned to where they live.


Not many realize that we have Iceberg Alley here …and it is beautiful!


When the season gets warmer boats take people to the bergs for tours here. 😎



load more
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 April 1st, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

I planted my flowers around the duplex where I live. I had them in pots, but I'm moving to another state in May. So, I just planted them in places that they'd like, and they are thriving. I love to garden and then look at the life bloom.

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 2nd, 2023

Love that sooo much! 💕🙌


Gardening is such a great activity for the body and soul. So great you planted them for others to enjoy. I bet they appreciate that very much.


Hope your move goes well. I am sure more gardening in your future as well. It is a fantastic way to enjoy nature and bring it inside as well.


Thank you for sharing! 😎

load more
User Profile: adaptableOcean4193
adaptableOcean4193 April 1st, 2023

beautiful pictures. I almost want to live there. I just came in from the cold, though, so I will have to warm up first! Before my strokes I liked to winter hike. I could not this year, but I did go on my first hike a week ago since my incident. It sure brightened my mood. Hope you are feeling great!

2 replies
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 2nd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193

You are most welcome glad you enjoyed the photos.💕🙌

I love walking in winter too very much in light snow ❄️ just beautiful.

Get a warm cuppa ☕️to warm up stay tuned x for more ….


Thank you for stopping by. 😎

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 2nd, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193

So glad to hear you are able to get back out to walking! Here it is just starting thaw … late spring here. Summer starts in July usually for warmth ….

load more
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 April 2nd, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful. Nice pictures! It is warm all year round where I live. There is a park near my house with ducks and birds . I like to go there and feed them 😊.

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 2nd, 2023

@adventurousBranch3786

Thank you!😀 I love it parks are beautiful areas and birds are fabulous. Here my son when little always fed the ducks in my area. So glad you have a park close and you have warm weather! When I vacation I go where there are palm trees...lol 😝

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 2nd, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

This is amazing! Thank you very much for your work and letting us have part in the Alaska Experience! 👏

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 2nd, 2023

@amiablePeace77

Thank you.

Alaska is a state in the USA.

These photos are from Newfoundland and Labrador Canada but yes looks like Alaska very much. That is why I would never visit Alaska because it looks like home.

I would rather vacay where there are palm trees...of course. lol 😂



load more
User Profile: RainbowRosie
RainbowRosie April 3rd, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful

Just calling by to say what lovely photos and thank you for posting! 😀

My favourite ones are of the puffins ❤️❤️ just so cute ❤️❤️

I look forward to seeing what you post next… 🌹

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 3rd, 2023

@RainbowRosie

Thank you sooo much! They are amazing the puffins...truly they are a small bird that flutters around you. They nest here from May through to August by the 100, 000s .....❤️

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings April 3rd, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful these are spectacular pictures. Thanks for sharing. Those icebergs are huge and the tops sticking out of the water are only 10% of the iceberg. The other 90% is under water!

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 3rd, 2023

@soulsings

You are most welcome and you are indeed correct! What you see is only a small part of the iceberg. Thank you for stopping by.❤️

load more
User Profile: newday444
newday444 April 6th, 2023

@sunshineslwaysgrateful

Just beautiful! Thanks for the pics!

1 reply
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 6th, 2023

@newday444

You are most welcome! So glad you enjoyed them and stopped by … 🙌🙌🙌💯💯💯

load more
User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 7th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful00a82ea1-f99d-493c-99af-cf5e0b1c64a5_1680880122.jpeg

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful OP April 7th, 2023

@SunShineAlwaysGrateful6b9c595a-b65f-482b-bc31-1b61ecdffb03_1680880223.jpeg

3 replies
load more