Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What are you doing to keep yourself physically fit and healthy?

User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence February 14th, 2018

Hello everyone! Hope you are fine!

What are you doing to keep yourself physically fit and healthy?

Some changes can happen in aging but are you able to keep having care of yourself and your body ?

Here you can share about it!

@LunaHecate @AiluraBlaze @AppleCrumbled @LemonSaint @Butterflycat @scarletLand3247 @Power @BeyondTheInvisible @An1mal @discreetApple10 @essdee @ladylazarus1971 @Want2StayHappy @Happytime24 @originalscreenname @ang16 @Amaru20rip @lilmango @prefrontalcortex @LittleTreasure @charmingFriend40 @PoliteOcean @warmheartedTurtle6662 @Ang333 @agreeableKite4304 @Wanttosmile @junkiesuperstarislistening @FenrirWolf @inventiveOrange1 @oliveCar4161 @JeffTracey @berry1900 @munkehh @Phoenix84 @lilme @LunasCares @Jesse9675 @proactiveTiger3409 @Knute @Willhiem @ChrisChrisChris1968 @FerlinCletus @plumFig3360 @Pedinurse @SkolSuper1976 @oxfordshireGatsby @LordBolton @caringPanda45 @Euphoriclows @LlamaGlama @MistyMagic @PositiveLenaBeana @empatheticEvergreen @AffyAvo @StormyWaves @DaveMcGrath @firebolt110 @Laura @Kate @Lauren63 @Power14 @sensitiveShade5337 @gigantWillow93 @DaisyLion @Probius @inventiveOrange1 @melliotm @ladylazarus1971 @pastellexoxo @Keola @SimplePlot @ScarletLand3247 @@CaringPanda45 @Amiabemoon9862 @suBSea @DanaMH @angelsealtranquilityprevails @chelle0170 @yzzil @Kritika4 @StarJourney @ANGLEBUDDYS @Emily619 @Lauren 63 @joyousTime89 @SelfConfidentDramatist @juddskittycat @HelenS @lovingkite7260 @Hana @Mellietronx @andygrei @diligentEyes3808 @RadiantRed @elvenjewel @Ceilidhontherun @Sofia76 @Chickenlittle1983

169
User Profile: Laura
Laura July 25th, 2018

I try to work out a few times a week. And I walk my dog every day for at least one mile

4 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP July 25th, 2018

@Laura

That's good!

yay, your dog sure appreciates that too! laugh

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 25th, 2018

@Laura

Great to have such an exercise companion. Keeps you fit and your dog too smiley

1 reply
User Profile: Laura
Laura July 27th, 2018

@amiablePeace77

Awww thanks!

load more
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings July 25th, 2018

@Laura that is great to get out and get exercise for you and coco,

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 27th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Today I did alternate nostril breathing, I find it helps to strengthen your abdominal musles too.

3 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP July 27th, 2018

@amiablePeace77

Interesting!

You can share some links about it if you feel they can help others to have a look and try! yes

2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 July 28th, 2018

@BeyondTheInvisible

Hi there, these are 2 links for alternate nostril breathing, I also included one for "Breath of Fire"

Alternate nostril breathing

https://youtu.be/BiaPJMwynUA

Alternate Nostril Kapalabhati

https://youtu.be/7ZJquufRZtI

Breath of Fire

https://youtu.be/ZBjnograjq4

I wish everybody a nice weekend laugh

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP July 28th, 2018

@amiablePeace77

YAY! Amazing!

Thanks for sharing i am sure people will appreciate that! yes

Enjoy your weekend as well!

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Tom444
Tom444 August 1st, 2018

For keeping myself healthy and fit, I prefer walking. It also gives me time to think.

1 reply
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP August 1st, 2018

@Tom444

Hi Tom! That's good, I like walking as well!

load more
User Profile: GusteeMoon123
GusteeMoon123 August 4th, 2018

i eat 'right'... poverty helps me avoid buying 'nutritionless foods' and prepared and pre-packaged junk. but i have discovered that i have a real knack for making soups, and baking casseroles and roasts. lately i have learned to fry things O.O,, i was always afraid of the popping grease, but i found a 'grease screen', and that helps.

for exercise, i roll over in bed and jump up to run to the bathroom~ :D occassionally i stand long enough to 'prep' the veggies for soup ( i like to make a huge pot and eat on it for a week, and sometimes even freeze half). i used to walk to the bus to go to the market, that could add up to a mile, on a good day~ but for the past 6 months or so my cousin has been offering me rides.... i wish someone would tell her to STOP~! she's such an enabler (and i can't refuse).

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 4th, 2018

@GusteeMoon123 sorry that you have to be so frugal but it sounds like you are eating better because of it. I like to make soups and freeze in small batches using containers with lids that food comes in. That way I have a whole selection of soups which is easy if I remember to label them.

load more
User Profile: GusteeMoon123
GusteeMoon123 August 4th, 2018

i have also learned to like salads, which is a recent innovation... i never liked lettuce so that always put me off, but now i find that i DO like baby spinach, and i found a sweet salad dressing that is only 40 calories per serving, and so i have started enjoying salads. they can be very different each time, i sometimes put canned (drained) veggies in them, or olives or shrimp or tuna , depending on what i find on sale... :)

2 replies
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings August 6th, 2018

@GusteeMoon123 nice to be flexible. I also drop in cooked al dente broccoli, carrots, onions, tofu or other protein.

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 August 8th, 2018

@GusteeMoon123

Gustee, I love baby spinach salads and it is so nutritious too smiley

load more
User Profile: MissPen
MissPen October 2nd, 2018

Cutting down on sugar, flour, and additives in my food.

2 replies
User Profile: MeaningfulSilence
MeaningfulSilence OP October 2nd, 2018

@MissPen

Hi Miss, that's good!

Hope you soon will feel the beneficial effects of your healthier diet!

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings October 3rd, 2018

@MissPen I hear you. I converted to organic whole wheat flour or other flours and eat sprouted breads. I find that higher protein for me means higher energy

load more
User Profile: peachPlane8134
peachPlane8134 January 23rd, 2019

Eat Healthy food and do physical activities are the best ways to help body keep young and well. As for me, usually i start my gay from a glass of water with lemon and do morning exercises. Eat nuts, broccoli, apples, fish, salad and your body till be thankfully) also take vitamins. https://12healthsupplements.com/braintonus/

i use this one, after taking 2 weeks, i felt much more energy and more clear mind.

User Profile: Oliversoul
Oliversoul January 23rd, 2019

This is a very good topic. Now I began to specifically monitor my health and eat right. Thanks to the Tonus Journal blog, I completely revised my behavior and started going to the gym. I think that my body will soon change for the better and I will start to be proud of myself. Guys, I advise everyone to start a healthy lifestyle, it is very stimulating and energizing.

1 reply
User Profile: Yaya2010
Yaya2010 March 7th, 2019

@Oliversoul

I clicked on the link to Tonus Journal, it looks like a very cool website...do you follow a particular thread over there to help with your food choices?

load more
User Profile: Deidra52
Deidra52 March 7th, 2019

I'm 52 now and have been lifting weights and walking on a treadmill for close to 2 years now. I really gotta push myself to do it, but I'm always happy and feel more satisfied with myself when I push myself to JUST DO IT! My husband seems happy that I keep with it as well.

User Profile: Yaya2010
Yaya2010 March 7th, 2019

@BeyondTheInvisible

Newbie here: The short answer is --- not enough.

I need to get a handle on my eating (it's out of control).

I need to get moving (my spine is held up with rods and pins - constant pain)

I need to WANT to do those things. I just simply don't want to do anything but stay at home, and avoid the cold.

(it's like -20*f here yesterday)

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings March 7th, 2019

@Yaya2010 I totally hear you about the cold weather. I would love to be going for a nice walk in the sunshine but too cold.

I do yoga and tai chi and other exercise classes to keep my energy up in winter.

load more