Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

porn addiction recovery (log in)

User Profile: northernlights101
northernlights101 May 20th, 2025

to ones who haven't seen my previous post:

hello, this is a log in post to track your porn abstinence. this isn't an official event or anything, I'm just another addict trying to bring like-minded people together to help hold each other accountable. if you wish to start new, you could just follow the instructions given below! and do introduce yourself at the other post used for discussions - porn addiction recovery (discussion) - Discussion | 7 Cups

for more clarity you could check out my original post - porn addiction recovery - Discussion | 7 Cups


how does it work? 

1. on your day one, you can reply to the post by simply mentioning 'day 1 - xx/xx/xx (the date)' and as the day's progress please continue responding to yourself to create a chain with your logs only. this doesn't have to be everyday, just whenever you have the time. 

2. if you miss a day, as in, end up giving in to your urges simply say 'counter reset - xx/xx/xx' or something similar but short and sweet. and continue replying the next day to your own comments, do not start a new chain, please. (this is so there aren't too many reply pages and we don't lose count easily)

3. please do not reply to another person's comments. only reply to your own comments. (just so we don't disrubt another person's logs and make it messy) 

thank you for joining us in this journey!! 

439
User Profile: faithfulKitten2878
faithfulKitten2878 December 23rd, 2025

Day 1 - 23/12/25

User Profile: enthusiasticHickory8569
enthusiasticHickory8569 December 28th, 2025

Hello, I am new to all of this just to be on board with you all..

When you say you quit porn does that mean you stop masturb**ating too? also what do you consider porn I mean to be honest when I am hor**ny even a musical vedio clip or movie scene get me going is looking or staring considered cheating I don't know I want to be on board with others I am not even sure I am a porn addict

Any way I haven't visited porn sites since 7 days but I have mastu**rbated to some messed up fantasies more than couple of times also I am having messed up dreams.. is that normal is this sth y'all experienced ?

I'd appreciate any real world advice or experience I feel so alone in this and I am glad I found this hopefully someone will reply shortly

User Profile: amicableox0685
amicableox0685 January 11th

@enthusiasticHickory8569

Don't believe everything your brain creates, especially negative thoughts. If it ain't positive then it has no use but remember you will have human moments.


load more
User Profile: Ksdaaa
Ksdaaa January 28th

Day 1 - 28/01/2026

User Profile: Ksdaaa
Ksdaaa January 29th

Day 2 - 29/01/2026

User Profile: Ksdaaa
Ksdaaa January 31st

Reset - 31/01/2026

User Profile: Ksdaaa
Ksdaaa February 1st

Day 1 - 1/02/26

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Ksdaaa
Ksdaaa January 28th

Day 1 - 28/01/2026

User Profile: independentOrange7315
independentOrange7315 February 11th

02/10/2026 - Day 27

I am new here and this is one of the first times I've been public in any way about this addiction I have had under the surface for so many years. My last attempt to quit I made it to 35 days before resetting in early January. My reset day was January 14.

I am hoping to start therapy soon and open up to a counselor about my anxieties and addiction, but I think that posing here will be a good way to hold myself accountable, too. If anyone needs to talk please message me, I could use it too.

User Profile: independentOrange7315
independentOrange7315 February 12th

@independentOrange7315

02/12/26 - Day 29

I have a feeling today is going to be really hard so I want to do my post here early on. Some nights I have vivid dreams where I am giving in to my addiction and I wake up feeling really triggered and tempted. 

I am going to get out of bed soon and have some coffee and start doing a hobby to take my mind off things. For right now I’m just feeling the wave of this urge and trying to let it pass.

User Profile: independentOrange7315
independentOrange7315 February 17th

@independentOrange7315

Day 34 - 2/17/2026

I’m almost as far as I made it the last time before I slipped, just one more day! I can feel the temptations rising again and I wonder what it is about this amount of time, like if something in my brain chemistry really ramps up my temptations after a certain amount of time.

Anyways, I had more dreams again last night that have made this morning a difficult one. Idk if this is helpful for anyone else but reading has been really saving me. I try not to linger in bed for too long, I just get up and have some coffee and read a book that I enjoy for a little while and my brain realizes it’s ready to move on from thoughts of my addiction.

User Profile: independentOrange7315
independentOrange7315 February 24th

@independentOrange7315

Day 41! 02/24/2026

Been a week since my last check in, but I’m still going strong. This is the furthest I have been from my addiction than I can remember being for a long time. I’m still having sexually-oriented dreams that make the mornings really hard. I have realized that being on my phone in the morning just makes it harder to avoid, and I try to just get up and get away from it until the urges go away. 


I hope everyone out there is doing well and staying strong.

@independentOrange7315

03/03/2026 - Day 48!

almost at 50 days now. If I keep going I can hit a whole half a year clean by the time my birthday comes around, and realizing that has given me a solid goal to look towards. That being said, every day is still hard.

On the way to work I walk by places that trigger memories and thoughts of relapsing. When I’m in bed alone in the mornings it’s still often the first thing I think about. It’s a lot of redirecting my brain, and a lot of riding out urges and replacing them with hobbies I enjoy.

i am grateful to have the privilege of loving people in my life and a schedule that allows me to focus time on myself. I just hope this is all working and the anxiety and low dopamine that I feel on a daily basis will someday be replaced by a genuine joy and love of life that I know I used to feel before addiction.

@independentOrange7315

Day 55 -03/10/2026

Almost at the two month point now! I’ve heard that when breaking the addiction cycle, especially one that has been sustained for 10+ years like mine has, it can take around 6 months or more for your dopamine cycle to start to recover and allow you to feel joy in other activities again.

I’ve definitely been yearning for that dopamine this past week. It’s especially hard when people in my life ask me if I’m feeling alright or why I seem down. I’m not exactly comfortable explaining my process and the fact that I’m depriving my brain of what it really wants. 

The weather has been a lot nicer this week and that has made it easier to get out of my head and look forward. 

 

@independentOrange7315

Day 62 - 3/17/2026

The last two nights in a row I had dreams that I gave in to the addiction and lost my streak. When I woke up right now I felt a weird mix of relief and also disappointment that muy subconscious keeps going to that place.

i think that’s also how I know it’s working though, that I’m slowly pushing out the part of my brain that craves it so badly and replacing it with something better. Either way, it’s been a hard week.

i hope everyone else out there is staying strong

@independentOrange7315

day 69 - March 24

its been another really hard week honestly. I’ve been struggling to find joy or motivation in anything and my brain keeps circling me back to the thing I want the most but won’t give it. In my dreams and the mornings is still when it surfaces the most.

coming here once a week really holds me accountable, and so does having a goal to look forward to, which for me is hitting 180 days by my birthday, which is only possible if I keep going.

@independentOrange7315

day 77 - 04/01/2026 

no April fools here, I’m still going strong! In another couple weeks I’ll be at three months since the last time I gave in to my urges and I’m feeling pretty good this week. The urges are still there and sometimes really strong, but my methods of avoidance are getting better.

I’m still consciously working on my relationship with sexual content and women in my daily life, as it’s something that will always come up and I realize I need to form a healthy relationship with these things. The reality is they both exist separately from addiction and it is completely possible to engage with them in a healthy way.

that being said, it is a lot of rewiring in your brain when it’s so used to thinking the same way for over a decade, and it’s not easy.

i hope everyone out there is doing well and staying strong. The longer you go, the less this habit feels like a part of your life, and the more you can start to let in other hobbies and see more light in your relationships and your daily routine.

@independentOrange7315

day 82 - 4/06/2026

checking in a little earlier than normal this week because it’s been a tough five days. Seeing family and facing my parents divorce generated a lot of stress and anxiety for me and made my urges really hard to avoid.

i almost gave in but i know if i restart now I will lose all this momentum I’ve created for myself. It’s a new week and im ready to keep being better

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 February 11th

@northernlights101

day 2 10 Feb

Thank you 

User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 February 12th

@bluewhite1972

Day 4


User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 February 15th

@bluewhite1972

Day 6 - feeling superb about myself although never take it for granted. Just coming here stopped a potential negative loop. 

load more
load more
User Profile: bluewhite1972
bluewhite1972 February 17th

Day 8 

bit sick with cold and tired but proud of getting better 

User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 17th

This is day one, 17th of February, 2026. I won't share much about myself until I stick to this since it might encourage me to hold on to the abstinence more and more. Wish me luck, I genuinely need it.

User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy February 20th

@northernlights101

Hi dear-self...

First day here, Technically it's Day 2

Yesterday was alright, went smoothly, didn't think about it much.. fasting helped it.

Hope we locked in.

User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy February 20th

@Helenaicy

Day 2 

20/02/2026

Hi dear-self...

It's bedtime now... it was a long day, I think I panicked during the day and cried.. but I'm proud of myself I didn't do anything act

I hope I success with what I planned for, please don't lose hope.

User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy February 21st

@Helenaicy

Day 3

I'll say that I'm proud of myself for trying...

I'm glad, I hope I make it to the end 

User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy February 23rd

@Helenaicy

Day 4 22/2/2026

went well 



User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy February 23rd

@Helenaicy

Day 5 - 23/ Feb/ 2026

Time: 18:38

It's almost the end of my day, a couple of hours and I'll be sleeping finally...

I was very sad today, felt unseen, like I'm all alone in this big world, felt like whatever I'm doing isn't enough, I'm always late, I'm always the least. 

and my mind kept thinking: what's the point of everything? What's wrong If I just leave myself for some minutes of pleasure and forget about everything that's bothering me...

But that's not true, I know that deeply, and these minutes of pleasure will never solve any problems or save me from my misery, so there's no need to use this addiction as a way to run from my nightmares. 

Pray for me whoever is reading, I need it... I'm really tired of myself,but at least I wanna keep trying, I wanna fix something inside me before it's too late.

please don't give up dear-self 

User Profile: FeatheredSerpent33
FeatheredSerpent33 February 23rd

Im proud of you. Your doing great. You have the strength. Keep it up, your success becomes everyones. Some days are really hard, but after a while days get easier. Keep busy. Find positive ways to spend your time, soon it will become your new norm! Keep sharing!

User Profile: impartialSky9584
impartialSky9584 March 11th

@Helenaicy any status update - you havent checked in a bit’

User Profile: Helenaicy
Helenaicy March 11th

@impartialSky9584

I've restarted.. I started a new chain yesterday, today is my third day. Thanks for the reminder, I appreciate it

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: braveBunny9485
braveBunny9485 February 20th

Guess what? It's day one again, 20th of February, 2026.

Honestly, I don't know. At first it hurt, I felt like I was betraying what I stand for. Now? I don't feel it, I just suffer the silence through the consequences of my own actions. This month was supposed to bring me change. I don't want to hate myself. I just feel like my mind has taken it as a coping mechanism, and has taken my relapse for granted.

For those who come after.