Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Ever feel like you want to withdraw from life for a while?

User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 October 10th, 2022

That's the way I feel. I don't want to talk or think or do anything or go anywhere. I just want to be like a tree, like my name. I just want to be and not have anyone want anything from me or expect me to be anywhere or much else. I just want to exist.

16
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 10th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Hey hey Tree, yes, these are some very relatable feelings, you expressed so well, I could never. So proud of you for addressing your thoughts here, rather difficult ones too. ❤

Sometimes when there's just so much happening around us, it feels exhausting and understandably so, to simply just need and catch a break for a little breather.

I know how difficult it gets when even catching a break seems such a hard thing to do. Very very valid to want to slow down and catch the break you need, you for sure deserve it, no questions asked. Sometimes to just *be* is and should be more than enough of us. ❤

Sending lots of comfy vibes your way. And kitty treats for Chloe.


User Profile: SukoLovesHito
SukoLovesHito October 10th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Hey tree! These are some hard in depth things to talk about! I’m really glad you were able to put these thoughts out into the world, I could never! Although, I do want to say your not alone, but what would life be if we just existed instead of lived? What would life be if nobody expected anything from anyone else? We would all live easy lives, and when it came to having to do something difficult, we wouldn’t know how to face the challenge.


User Profile: loyalCurrent2762
loyalCurrent2762 October 10th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

I actually felt like this yesterday. I am not saying I will do anything to hurt myself, but I am frustrated doing everything. I am tired of working, I am tired of being hurt, I am tired of being let down by people who tell me they love me but yet, something else is more important than me and I am home alone.

User Profile: Deniiiii
Deniiiii October 10th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Heeey, yes!!! Totally!!! I feel like it right know, haha.Unfortunately, I have so much work to do and my time is not allowing me to become a tree.But I do really want to.Sometimes I just stay in bed, listening to chill music and imagine myself on an islaaaand... sometimes life is hard and we do not want to face reality.But we are stronger than we imagine.

User Profile: flashtag
flashtag October 10th, 2022

Thank you for sharing your lived experiences with us. It is so difficult to get me out of my house sometimes.

User Profile: BubbleDucky2022
BubbleDucky2022 October 11th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Hi :) I can totally relate to what you said about not having to think, or do anything...just being! A lot of people feel like that sometimes and there's nothing wrong with feeling that way. It seems like you feel just overwhelmed by everyone and you need a break....just want everything to stop and just breathe! Take some time for yourself, just do something that requires no thinking, no stress...just peace. Disconnect for a little while and just focus on you!

User Profile: quickwittedTriangle6887
quickwittedTriangle6887 October 11th, 2022

Yep, I feel like that now

User Profile: llm23
llm23 October 19th, 2022

I haven’t been able to express what I’m feeling and this is exactly it. I don’t want to not be here but I just don’t want to be in my head. Thank you for putting these ideas out there!

User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch October 19th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Hi Tree 💜

I’ve had my own version of that feeling. In fact, I was going through it last night. It can be exhausting to go through. Life can be exhausting to go through. Your feelings, no matter what they are or when they happen, are valid. But I hope you experience happier feelings soon, too.

Your friend,

Autumn ♥️🍂🍁

_1666156575.A8E8E3CE-CA37-49BE-8760-E890FB780976.jpeg

4 replies
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 OP October 19th, 2022

@TheAutumnWitch

Autumn,

I like you so much! You are one of the dearest, sweetest people I have ever met! Thank you for your thoughts. Luckily, I have shaken this feeling. I am trying to move forward. Right now I am just waiting to find out about my future. I applied to grad school. They take forever to let you know if you were accepted or not. If I am accepted, that is great, I can move forward with those plans accordingly. If I was not accepted, then I will move forward with my life in a different way. But it is only my whole future that I am waiting to just move forward with. I wish they would let me know soon.

How are you feeling these days?

--your friend :), tree

3 replies
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch October 19th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

I like you, too, Tree 😊 And aw, thank you. You are one of the kindest people I have ever met ♥️ It’s always good to see you on here. I’m glad that you’ve shaken off that feeling. I hope that whatever happens with grad school will turn out for the best for you. So many things that we anticipate in life can take so long to fulfill, but the sweet thing is that there are several ways to go about it.

I’ve been better, to be honest. My health isn’t doing too great at the moment, and I’m concerned for my boyfriend. He’s dealing with some family drama right now involving his abusive father and brother. I wanted to go with him to provide moral support, but my health and my own trauma with abuse suggested it would be better for me to stay home. Maybe I’ll cook a nice meal for when he gets back home. It’ll be a relief to be cozily snuggled up to him again, watching our favorite shows and eating some hot food together.

Keep taking care of yourself. ♥️

~Autumn 🍂🍁

_1666213155.99956FE2-0784-42D0-95B6-3FB8D0AC8674.jpeg

2 replies
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 OP October 20th, 2022

@TheAutumnWitch

Autumn,

That is understandable that you wanted to go with him for moral support. But, when we're sick, it is sometimes best, to just rest. Your thought of cooking a nice home cooked meal for him when he gets back is such a beautiful idea. Your cooking and efforts will probably mean the world to him. What are you doing to help yourself heal, if I may ask? Is there anything I can do for you?

Take care. :)

--tree

1 reply
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch October 20th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

That’s very true, tree. I still have trouble getting myself to rest, haha. I forget that resting can be productive. Hehe, thank you 🥰 I may not know how to always handle a problem, but I can offer food. I’ve been taking medications and doing exercises recommended by my doctor in addition to just resting. Last week I received some injections that took me out for a while, but of which are supposed to make me feel better in the long run. And you’re already doing it, tree- talking with a friend helps me so much. I’m glad we met each other on here. ♥️

Best,

Autumn 🍂🍁

_1666235099.3B9F8379-E9C2-4DA7-BFFD-381A5BA31FB7.jpeg

load more
load more
load more
load more
July 19th, 2023

@purpleTree4652 that is so poetically said. yes i feel like being totally alone and free from any kind of hassles, at times, perhaps every day, for some time. once it feels better, i feel readier to engage in the world again.

hope you've been well 💛