✨Minimalism vs. Maximalism: How Your Space Impacts Mental Health and Mood✨
💚Hey wonderful humans! I hope you're doing alright :) I wanted to raise a discussion this week, about the trending lifestyles, minimalism and maximalism. Feel free to participate, we would love that! ❤
~The way we design and decorate our spaces goes far beyond aesthetics—it can significantly impact our mental health. Minimalism and maximalism, two opposing design philosophies, have been shaping the way people live, work, and feel in their environments. But how do these styles affect your well-being, and what can you do to create a space that promotes a positive mindset? Let’s dive in.


Simplicity, Focus on quality not quantity, Mindful living, Clarity of mind, Authenticity, Freedom, Growth and personal development, Limitation as a tool.
⁛The core principals of maximalism:
Express yourself, Layer it up, Curated chaos, History and story telling, Indulge in details, No fear of color, Variety is the spice.

A minimalistic space can help you feel less overwhelmed.
3. Greater Appreciation: Valuing what remains even more.
6. Calmness: The simplicity of minimalism creates a sense of peace, promoting relaxation.

2. Historical Narrative: Layers of items can tell personal or cultural stories.
3. Comfort and Coziness: More items can lead to a feeling of warmth and homeliness.
4. Bold Statement: Stand out and make an impact.
6. Full of Surprises: There’s always something new to discover in a maximalist space.

🌼1. Which one do you prefer? and how do you define the purpose of it in your life? Is it purely aesthetic, or does it serve a deeper psychological need?
🌼2. In what ways do you think your cultural background influences your view of minimalism vs. maximalism?
🌼3. Do you feel a social pressure to conform to minimalist or maximalist ideals? How do you navigate that pressure?
🌼4. Is it possible to embrace chaos and abundance while maintaining a sense of peace and calm? How might this balance be achieved?
🌼5. How has your experience with either lifestyle impacted your mental health, and what specific changes did you notice?


I believe balance is important but discipline is the key. Life comes with decisions and decisions comes with results, so discipline keeps decisions in balance to customize lifestyle. Yes, it definitely reveals a deeper psychological connection with ourselves.
@daydreammemories
I moved from a place where I felt pressure to have a house that looked good to visitors, to a place where it was much more important what you gave to visitors, than the impression your place gave.
So a poor house in bad condition that gave food generously, got more respect than the modern minimalist home that gave little to others.
I liked this mentality no end, and care much less now for the style of my house.
I guess I'm saying, I'd rather focus on the people in it, not the style.
My style is lived in. 😉
@daydreammemories
🌼1. Which one do you prefer? and how do you define the purpose of it in your life? Is it purely aesthetic, or does it serve a deeper psychological need?
I prefer minimalist style. However, I currently live with my dad who likes hoarding stuffs and the house is quite messy. 🙄
🌼2. In what ways do you think your cultural background influences your view of minimalism vs. maximalism?
I don't think my cultural background influences my view but it's more like my personality. 😁
