Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One situation that I feel sad about right now is....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 4th, 2017

One situation that I feel sad about right now is....

415
User Profile: Jonativia
Jonativia October 5th, 2017

Current political climate here. I was worried about my family in Puerto Rico and then read a lot of dehumanizing and horrible things people were saying about Puerto Rican people. It truly makes me feel like shit and now I'm paranoid about racists hiding in plain sight.

User Profile: Emydarlin
Emydarlin October 5th, 2017

I feel sad that all my respect for my husband is now gone, with broken promises after broken promises to get better and see a doctor are gone. I have woken up from this narssicits nightmare.

User Profile: Melpomenie
Melpomenie October 5th, 2017

I'm sad that everyone in my age has a job and seem to have a clear vision of their future, even those who haven't started solidly yet. I'm afraid that I'm failing at my studies and that I might never start a career or get a job I can be well at. I also feel completely irresponsible for many of my lifestyle habits and sometimes a burden in my family and a "failed" older sibling among my younger ones. While my parents tell me that it's not all as bad as I see them I still feel well..down.. And really insecure. It's as if I simply cannot "adult" in the right time, or the right way..

User Profile: cyanPeach8500
cyanPeach8500 October 5th, 2017

I recently won back in a custody battle my 11 year old son who I have been a single mom to his whole life. The battle drained me more than I could have imagined and just before it ended I found myself pregnant with an ex who also threw me out of out home because things had been hard while I was fighting and terrified. I am so greatful for my son, and the baby soon coming, but I am homeless and jobless (but safe in a caring country with great opportunities, just me being a mess)

Mostly I am scared now of life, of people, of the whole world somehow and feel I will never make it. I used to be positive and optimistic.

I fear I will not be able to make a good life for my children because I am

2 replies
User Profile: oliveMelon2700
oliveMelon2700 October 6th, 2017

@cyanPeach8500 this sounds incredibly challenging. I'm separated from my wife and 4-year old daughter, and it has tested me to the limits, I miss them so bad. I pray I never have to go through a legal battle about custody.

You're in a hard place, and I'm sure, exhausted. Remember that "this too shall pass"; take care of yourself, seek social support, give your worries to God/the Universe, and next year will be better.

1 reply
User Profile: cyanPeach8500
cyanPeach8500 October 6th, 2017

@oliveMelon2700 thank you for taking the time to read, reply and comfort me. I am counting my blessings and praying for strength to show I am worthy.

In regards to your situation, I hope you get your wife and daughter back. People can improve and create better lifes if they truly want. If it will not happen, in my experience it takes some years to recover (happened to me in 2007) and please for your daughter's sake don't fight her mom, only if the mother is selfish and unfit. Be the better person, your daughter will love and look up to you even if she does not she you as much. I know many examples of this. Again thank you, you made my day better.

load more
load more
User Profile: TerJacen
TerJacen October 5th, 2017

I am feeling overwhelmed right now. My family has a lot going on. Managing schedules and keep cool is challenging sometimes.

User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 October 5th, 2017

My brother cell phone bounced off my foot and the screen craccked bad, and I feel bad about it.

User Profile: Liz2208
Liz2208 October 5th, 2017

Welcome! Im Lizzy and Im currently a trained listener, group mod and an intern. I hope you find what you are looking for here in 7 Cups. Please feel free to message me whenever. I will usually reply within the day and if Im online, you should expect a reply straight away! I specialise in anxiety, panic attacks and loneliness mostly but you are always free to message me for other reasons!

https://www.7cups.com/15248074

User Profile: Iwillalwaystry
Iwillalwaystry October 5th, 2017

My mother dying this year

1 reply
User Profile: kji
kji July 31st, 2018

@Iwillalwaystry

l hope she rest in peace

load more
User Profile: Swoopdewoop
Swoopdewoop October 5th, 2017

I've spent so much time and energy to get to the point in my career that I'm at now. Now, i'm a year away from a PhD (if I can finish) and I think all I've done is narrow my skill set to doing something that I really don't like or find fulfilling at all. For the first time in my life I have no idea what I want to do and have no goals and it's hard to keep going when you don't care about the finish line.

2 replies
User Profile: lightSpam
lightSpam October 5th, 2017

@Swoopdewoop I understand your frustration and pain, I've been there myself, specialized in something I disliked with many years of experience in it and found it almost impossible to get out of... (I wished I had a PHd though, because no matter what, it'll always be a door-opener). It's never too late to change. Try talking with a career-coach who can help you find your passion, your true calling and how to use your knowledge in that area. Once you have that clear, finding a meaningful career won't be hard. Good luck to you!

1 reply
User Profile: Swoopdewoop
Swoopdewoop October 6th, 2017

@lightSpam thanks so much for your encouragement. it helps to hear other people have been there.

load more
load more
User Profile: Mablue
Mablue October 5th, 2017

I keep thinking that everyone in my class is so much more talented than I am, that I suck and should have find another path to study, that I am a burden to everyone and that I am alone.