Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: QueenJJ
QueenJJ March 20th, 2018

Music and ice skating. I try to ice skate whenever I need help, because it always makes me feel better, but when I can't manage that, I turn to music. Writing music, listening to music, playing music - just music.

User Profile: wingedtrish
wingedtrish March 20th, 2018

I do something called a "worry window." I sit down and write down all my worries for 10 or 20 minutes. As I'm writing, I often find solutions or I learn which worries are just not helpful. When I'm done, I turn the paper over and tape it in my journal text down and I write on the blank side that I'm letting go of the worries and I'm moving on, I'm taking action.

User Profile: NewBrew
NewBrew March 20th, 2018

Accepting that it's there without dwelling on it, much like you would an old friend who's popped over at a slightly inconvenient time. I imagine I offer my fear a seat in the corner, make it a brew, and then get on with what I need to do.

User Profile: marthadamartian
marthadamartian March 20th, 2018

I sit down with my guitar and write a song or jam out and immerse myself in new and exciting sounds. I will sometimes take it a step further a record whatever it was that stuck out to me or proved meaningful or useful at the time. It's a great way for me to compartmentalize my feelings and I can take ownership of what I just accomplished and created. It can also be pretty fun to listen back on my creations after some time passes and to have a completely different perspective looking back on it.

User Profile: TreaureSeekers3
TreaureSeekers3 March 20th, 2018

Trying to stay calm and be in the moment. Don't listen to negativity. Just noise. Think that's cuz work has been crap.

User Profile: KimmyD1213
KimmyD1213 March 20th, 2018

My Little Green Yoshi. I always play with her when I'm feeling anxious and she helps a lot.

User Profile: mintybourbon
mintybourbon March 20th, 2018

The books, writing down some ideas, Twitter, and talking to human.

User Profile: Maggie1962
Maggie1962 March 20th, 2018

working with wood. Making wooden spoons

User Profile: energeticGrapefruit2630
energeticGrapefruit2630 March 20th, 2018

Guided meditation, breading and refocusing my attention to something else (for example in detail describing my environment while I'm waiting for the bus)

User Profile: Shamrock194
Shamrock194 March 20th, 2018

Listening to music, having one of our 3 cats curl up on my lap, cross-stitch and using essential oils all help my anxiety.

2 replies
User Profile: maddieforthesoul
maddieforthesoul March 20th, 2018

@Shamrock194

That sounds so relaxing, thank you for sharing! Listening to music & essential oils helps me as well. Finding ways to cope with anxiety is super important, so it is so great that you have some :)

1 reply
User Profile: Shamrock194
Shamrock194 March 20th, 2018

@maddieforthesoul Thank you. I am new to essential oils. My sister in law made a small mixture for me using doTerra oils.

load more
load more