Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura October 16th, 2017

One thing that helps me manage my anxiety is.....

573
User Profile: Scor3030
Scor3030 October 17th, 2017

Watching a comedy tv show to get my mind off things and to calm down and get in a better mood.

User Profile: Curlysue0512
Curlysue0512 October 17th, 2017

Trying to think positively and drowning out the negative thoughts

User Profile: Chipmonk00
Chipmonk00 October 17th, 2017

breathing and telling myself "if i do not want to do it, i do not need to do it"

User Profile: Rainiila
Rainiila October 17th, 2017

using a fidget toy

1 reply
User Profile: Thebipolarchick
Thebipolarchick October 18th, 2017

@Rainiila Does that really help? How do you think it helps you best?

load more
User Profile: yellowScarf5963
yellowScarf5963 October 18th, 2017

Am I the only one that can say alcohol helps?

I have up last month from all the advice of do gooders, and never felt so poo.

couple of glasses of wine, and I no longer care about all the crap in my head.

1 reply
User Profile: Coconut2939
Coconut2939 October 18th, 2017

@yellowScarf5963 alcohol helped me too lol. Great medicine. However, I noticed that in the long term it make me more depressed and anxious. After the merry days, darker days would come. I would also need alcohol before any social event or whenever I am anxious to calm me down. So I started to consume less of it, only when I need a quick fix in a situation and have nothing else that would help. Otherway I found meditation also to be really helpful and without harmful side effects.

load more
User Profile: SnacksPack
SnacksPack October 18th, 2017

Is admitting that I'm having anxiety and rooting out the why. Sometimes it helps other time it turns into a full blown attack...

1 reply
User Profile: BlueCat7
BlueCat7 September 21st, 2018

@SnacksPack Same here. I'm interested in psychology so my anxiety scares and fascinates me at the same time. Although trying to be your own therapist doesn't work in every situation. I probably need a professional psychologist/therapist to help me figure out how to relax my anixety at least a little

load more
User Profile: ScaredRed
ScaredRed October 18th, 2017

Meditation.

User Profile: Jisthurt
Jisthurt October 18th, 2017

Praying.

User Profile: CinnamonRoll10
CinnamonRoll10 October 18th, 2017

Listening to music, whether it be upbeat pop tunes or oldie

4 replies
User Profile: TeenyTinyAppy
TeenyTinyAppy October 18th, 2017

@CinnamonRoll10

They do sound helpful, so I am going to write some of them down to try. Thank you for the ideas. :)

1 reply
User Profile: CinnamonRoll10
CinnamonRoll10 October 18th, 2017

@TeenyTinyAppy

Awww thank you so much~ honestly that comment made my whole day. I hope you can recover from your anxiety. I wish you the best, stay strong~

load more
User Profile: CallMeXeno
CallMeXeno October 18th, 2017

@CinnamonRoll10

Those are the bast ways :)

1 reply
User Profile: CallMeXeno
CallMeXeno October 18th, 2017

**Best whoops

load more
load more
User Profile: karceo
karceo October 18th, 2017

Listening to classical music in particular takes my mind off of everything going on in my head and the tension in my stomach.