Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I can't please everyone. A reminder to my social anxiety

User Profile: Shyness98
Shyness98 December 15th, 2022

I'm trying my best to challenge that little voice in my head that creates narratives. For example, sometimes I have the narrative that I'm doing something wrong and that people secretly hate me. While at work I'm terrified to make a mistake because I don't like to disappoint people. Today at work a couple of my coworkers were getting frustrated and I made some mistakes. This is an opportunity for me to reflect that it doesn't mean that my coworkers hate me and that I am human and I'm going to make mistakes. It's best to be kind to myself because everyone is human and they make mistakes. Name a human that hasn't made one.

5
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 15th, 2022

@Shyness98

So proud of you for addressing the voices in your head and finding way to negate the ill-effect from them on yourself by assuring yourself that it's human to make mistakes, and it doesn't have to mean that someone hates us or that we are doing something really not-normal.

It's the little steps like this self-reflection moment that really count. Go youuu! ❤

1 reply
User Profile: Shyness98
Shyness98 OP December 15th, 2022

Thank you so much! Sometimes we need the reminder that we’re human and that we’re going to make mistakes all the time. Some things aren’t as personal as we make them.

load more
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 December 15th, 2022

@Shyness98. I agree with what you say. I can’t name a person who hasn’t made mistakes!

User Profile: p1sxcs
p1sxcs December 24th, 2022

i completely relate. i wish you happy progress you are so not alone.

User Profile: lexydong
lexydong December 24th, 2022

@Shyness98 You've tried to be your best, everyone makes mistakes, but over time they are forgotten. No one's job is to please everyone; that's just too unbelievable. But I believe you can please yourself, Come on!