Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Orlando Nightclub Tragedy - Discussion & Support

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 12th, 2016

Early this morning a mass shooting occured at a gay night club in Orlando, Florida. Recent reports site that 50 people were killed and many more injured.

If you need more information - here are some of the news articles I have come across:

New York Times Article

CNN News Article

I am deeply saddened by this news report and wanted to create a space for us to talk about this tragedy and support one another. Please share how you are feeling here and lets have a supportive discussion that lifts our hearts up and honors those who have been impacted.

203
User Profile: jr50
jr50 June 13th, 2016

The U S is becoming a scarier place to live, I can't imagine the hate it takes to commit these horrific acts, my heart goes out to all the victims and their families, and prayers for comfort to them in their time of grief, I too believe in showing love and kindness to all, no matter race, color or religion or gender preference.

User Profile: abduane
abduane June 13th, 2016

My heart aches for Orlando and this tragedy. I live only three hours away and it is crazy that it was so close to home

User Profile: VoidAngel
VoidAngel June 13th, 2016

It is beyond words to describe how an healing day of mine was marked by such a cruelty. I do not want to wake up to the news of terrorism anymore but I have been here in 7cups since the Paris bombings and I am staying until the end!

User Profile: PositiveDreamer2016
PositiveDreamer2016 June 13th, 2016

As a member of the LGbTQ community, and even as someone who has a heart, it saddens me and adds strain to my heart.

User Profile: MidniteAngel
MidniteAngel June 13th, 2016

Take this opportunity to tell a loved one how much they mean to you, because you don't know how long they'll be around. Use this tragedy to do some good.

1 reply
User Profile: Annie
Annie June 14th, 2016

@MidniteAngel, I like your suggestion. In the face of senseless hate and cruelty, we often feel broken-hearted, stunned, and powerless. But in our own sphere, in our corner of the world, we can do something to spread love and light and tolerance. We can push back against darkness, confusion, and hatred. We can show more love, open our hearts more, share more compassion in our own actions.

In my family and in my neighborhood, I can strive to do that. Be kinder and less judgmental in very specific, real ways.

And 7 Cups of Tea is my neighborhood, too -- my community. A very good place to share warmth, kindness, support, tolerance.

Thanks for for the reminder.

load more
User Profile: eXisTenZe
eXisTenZe June 13th, 2016

My condolences to the victims and their loved ones who are devastated from this. I don't know why, I really don't. I don't know why there's a need to kill each other....

User Profile: lieanne46
lieanne46 June 13th, 2016

Such a horrible hate crime, I hope their family and friends are okay

User Profile: Linkiee
Linkiee June 13th, 2016

I'm Lesbian. This scares me. The amount of people who want to hurt, kill, or bring me down is unsteady. I'm terrified to walk outside sometimes because of this.

User Profile: alley87
alley87 June 13th, 2016

thoughts and prayer going to viticms fmaily and friends tonight in the orlando LGBT nightclub shooting 50 people shoot and killed last night it hangs heavy in my heart tonight R.I.P sending love from America New york tonight <3 <3 <3

User Profile: Claire91
Claire91 June 13th, 2016

American friends - I don't want to turn this into a political debate but passing along a link to contact your senators and members of Congress in regards to gun control if you so choose: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/nicole-silverberg/guide-elected-representatives-gun-control_b_8708154.html

Much love heart