Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Orlando Nightclub Tragedy - Discussion & Support

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 12th, 2016

Early this morning a mass shooting occured at a gay night club in Orlando, Florida. Recent reports site that 50 people were killed and many more injured.

If you need more information - here are some of the news articles I have come across:

New York Times Article

CNN News Article

I am deeply saddened by this news report and wanted to create a space for us to talk about this tragedy and support one another. Please share how you are feeling here and lets have a supportive discussion that lifts our hearts up and honors those who have been impacted.

203
User Profile: starcrossedellie
starcrossedellie June 13th, 2016

As a member of the LGBT community it is quite scary to hear about. I want to be able to start a relationship with the girl I love but hearing that people would kill us.. I don't even know where to go from here.

User Profile: Tamaraa
Tamaraa June 13th, 2016

i loved her so much #RIPCristinaGrimmie
its was a loss :(
i really feel like its unfair to her :'(
:(

#TeamGrimmie

User Profile: SarahLove
SarahLove June 13th, 2016

Bless everyone who has been hurt in any way because of not only this massacre, but also the other 200+ shootings that have occurred in the United States in the last year. Not all of them receive the media coverage they deserve. I wish the best for the families and friends of those killed because of mindless hatred. I hope one day things change for the better.

User Profile: TransAm85
TransAm85 June 13th, 2016

Madonna once said "I am because we are. We all bleed the same color. We all want to love and be loved." .. Why has this world become so fragile that people are fighting and killing each other for no justified reason?! We all have dislikes and quirks towards others, but taking it to this point is completely insane. When will we all just look at one another and accept our faults, imperfections, weirdness, and just love each other?!

User Profile: mscoxie
mscoxie June 13th, 2016

@Laura it's a terrible tragedy. sad All of this murder needs to stop. People's differences or beliefs should never lead to murder.....perhaps we could work harder at better understanding each other and supporting one another instead of tearing each other down.

3 replies
User Profile: AndynotBiersack
AndynotBiersack June 14th, 2016

As a gay,I cried so hard when I heard about it.

2 replies
June 14th, 2016

@AndynotBiersack as a human, I cried!

User Profile: FindingMyWildLove
FindingMyWildLove June 14th, 2016

@AndynotBiersack

its hard living so close to the incident & having best friends that are lesbian. Knowing that I'm always out with them and would have been right by there side at that club if the circumstances were presented. The amount of hate for people makes me so sad. It really makes me scared to go out in general.

load more
load more
User Profile: Unboundgirraffe
Unboundgirraffe June 13th, 2016

When I heard about the tragedy I was shocked to the core by such a mass of people being killed and injured but I think that we should stay strong and show that we arnt afraid of people who do such acts of terror and not allow these events to alter our views on any community

User Profile: deliliaor
deliliaor June 13th, 2016

when I heard about the Orlando shooting, I was filled with saddness and utter disappointment.

when I learned that it was at a gay night club, I became even more raged than before. because I knew then that it was a hate crime. And what is even more disappointing is the feedback from media. Just last week, all that people could talk about was how terrified they were of the idea of using the same bathroom as a trans person. but now all of a sudden they are right by the sides of the lgbt community. Does it really take 50 people dying and even more injured to get people to realize homophobia is a serious problem?

#PrayforOrlando

2 replies
User Profile: Protocol417
Protocol417 June 16th, 2016

@deliliaor It especially angers me that people are using this as an excuse to target Muslims. We may never know what was really going through that trouble man's head (was it hatred of gays? confusion over his own sexuality? religious conditioning from outside groups?) but no matter what, he was just one man.

I wish everyone peace.

1 reply
User Profile: deliliaor
deliliaor June 20th, 2016

exactly !! @Protocol417

load more
load more
User Profile: shasha21
shasha21 June 13th, 2016

I feel terrible about this. As a member of the LGBTQ+ community I am terrified of even going into spaces that are suppose to be safe for us. It really made my anxiety worse. I believe we will get through it but it still hurts.

3 replies
User Profile: insightfulCreature77
insightfulCreature77 June 14th, 2016

@shasha21

I am so sorry for your pain. #Orlando has hurt us all. Feel free to mssg me if you want to chat. You're not alone.

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 14th, 2016

@shasha21 I am so sorry these events have triggered anxiety about being in public places. Listeners are available if you care to talk about this more or you can send me a message.

User Profile: ThatEmotionalEngineer
ThatEmotionalEngineer June 14th, 2016

@shasha21 Keep on holding to that belief because somehow, in some way, it will happen. We've always made strides in the pursuit of equality no matter how hard or how long it took. This too shall pass. <3

load more
User Profile: xxBEAUTIFULxTRADGEDYxx
xxBEAUTIFULxTRADGEDYxx June 13th, 2016

When I found out about the shooting i was very disaponited in society

User Profile: PositiveDreamer2016
PositiveDreamer2016 June 14th, 2016

Found out earlier this morning that 3 people I knew were shot in this tragedy... :(

6 replies
User Profile: dfloyes
dfloyes June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016

Praying for you and your friends!

June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016 I'll be praying for you guys, I'm sorry this happened.

User Profile: Unkwnown
Unkwnown June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016 i'm so sorry to hear that, my heart is with all of you, i hope you're okay

User Profile: soulsings
soulsings June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016 I am sorry for your loss in this tragic event that has become a more personal event for you knowing people that were there. :sadhug:

User Profile: iseeseashells
iseeseashells June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016

*hugs* I'm sorry for the loss of your friends and all the other lives lost in this tragedy.

User Profile: KrinkTheMellowUnicorn
KrinkTheMellowUnicorn June 14th, 2016

@PositiveDreamer2016 - how horrible! I hope you have someone to talk to.

load more