Forum Discussion Question: If you could go back in time and meet your younger self, what advice would you give him or her?
If you could go back in time and meet your younger self, what advice would you give him or her?
Join in
I would definitely tell my younger self to stop caring so much about what others say about you and to stop the comparisons between yourself and someone else.
I have a ton of advices, but first of all, i would give myself a big hug after everyime i was beaten for grades or even after getting bullied, i would say dont shed one more tear, you are a strong girl, you are nothing less than these other people, you are strong enough to pass through the hitting, i would hold myself and wont allow myself to pull out my hair strands ( still bald spot) just because a tracher made fun of me in front of the class and told me that i have " something in my brain" i would wipe all my tears and tell myself that i have alternatives like playing sports, meeting my friends. I would tell myself that enjoy being a kid, stop worriyng about your little moustache and your bushy eyebrows, those other kids are not kids, you should feel sorry for them( i was 11) i would tell myself dont cut off your friends just because theyre not "rich" "high-class" and trust me my little self, no one cares about social class at that age (14) until now im 21 i started not caring, ignore (guardian name) and live like a child!!!! I would tell myself be nice and be strong, every bully has a bigger bully, be strong and dont be shy and humiliated to go the priciple and tell her about your problems with the other kids, and dont bully others (16) because you want to feel good or fill in the hate and lonliness and revenge part of your heart, i would give myself the advice of having courage and being mind to everyone, most importantly keep yourself in your own buis
dear michaela,
i understand that life can be tough and it might feel like you will always feel the way you do but it will get better, it might take some time but you need to persevere and be patient before things get better. dont worry about doing things for everyone else. its not selfish to just focus on yourself - you can drop friends who are toxic and make you feel bad. you need to stop bottling your feelings. just tell someone, itll make you feel better. grades are important, i know that but your health is so much more important! stop caring what everyone thinks about you - stop living in a safe bubble, trying to fit everyones standards. you will never be able to please everyone so instead of trying to make everyone else happy, make YOURSELF happy. act how YOU want to. dress how YOU want to. do what YOU want to. just love yourself xx
If I could go back and meet my younger self, I would give her a hug. I would tell her that she doesn't deserve all of the toxic crap that people kept putting her through and to stop tormenting herself into thinking that she deserved it. I would tell her that her life is an amazing thing and that her dreams of becoming a filmmaker do come true, and to hold tight to them and not let them go.
I would tell her that she is loved and cared for and to keep looking for the light of day, even when the clouds roll through.
There are a LOT of things I would tell my younger self, but I think mainly one of them is "You're not alone, there are other people around you that need help and are going through the same thing." <3
I would tell myself that its okay to be afraid, but it isnt okay not to try because of fear. Courage isnt the absence of fear, rather its trying in spite of your fears.
I would tell myself to stop. TO stop trying to please everyone, to follow exactly what you want to do because you can put your mind to anything.
I would tell my younger self to let loose. Enjoy the time you are young because pretty soon you will look back wondering where the time went. Don't stay in your room too much no matter how sad and antisocial you feel. Go on that date, go out with your friends, go see your family. I would also remind my younger self to take care of her self. Practice self-care regularly, keep yourself mentally okay. You are the most important person in your life. Also, that boy who cheated on you when you were 15 and made you completely hate yourself and rethink your whole perception of love? He won't matter in a year. You won't even think about him. Don't let him ruin the time where you're supposed to be young and in love.
Dont listen to what others will say about you. You are your own person and you are amazing in your own way, there are a lot of people out there who appreciates you by just being you. You dont need to change yourself just to feel accepted. Just do what you love to do. Live your life like it will always be the last day. Just be happy. Be proud of who you are. Stand up, dust yourself off, chin up then smile. Life will always be full of crap but be reminded always, that you can still turn it around and make it better. Believe in yourself, never give up. And always remember that there are those people who has your back. People who believes in your capabilities. People who love and accept you for who you are. 😄 Be your own hero.
I would