Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What do you wish everyone knew about your disability?

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates March 18th, 2017

don't be scared to break drown the stigma!

176
User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService April 7th, 2017

I wish people knew how a panic attacked worked. I wish people knew that the strangest and most insignificant thing can set it off and can render me useless for a half hour.

User Profile: InkStainedFingers
InkStainedFingers April 7th, 2017

That my tremor doesn't mean I am drunk constantly, I don't even drink anymore.

That my arm doesn't hinder me from doing almost anything I just adapt, and that driving, which I want to learn to do shouldn't be a deal breaker in life (work and love) because there is more to me than just getting from point A to B.

That I am a gentle giant and want the same in life as everyone else

- Ink

User Profile: Stacccccciiieeeee
Stacccccciiieeeee April 8th, 2017

That there not all the same , and I find it hard to get help because you can't see mine but that doesn't mean I don't have trouble everyday , I do why can't I get the same respect as someone who can't walk or talk or ear I'm not trying to be mean to those who have it harder then me but I just wish there was help

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService April 8th, 2017

I wish people accepted insomia as an excuse to be late to work.

User Profile: BeingOfService
BeingOfService April 11th, 2017

How I'm afraid to talk to the everyday person about them for fear they won't understand.

User Profile: Willendorf2017
Willendorf2017 April 12th, 2017

That I'm not as "together" as I appear.

User Profile: TweetyBird1015
TweetyBird1015 May 30th, 2017

I wish people knew that I have mental Illnesses such as ptsd, generlized anxiety, depression and insomnia and I'm trying my best to live my life with them. I'm trying my hardest to leave the house and do things on my own but its difficult.

I wish people knew I feel like I need more help and a new diagnois but I don't have money for a theripist.

2 replies
User Profile: politeCup6711
politeCup6711 October 7th, 2017

I feel the same, have become a recluse, haven't been on a date in 12 yrs., been alone SO long I don't feel as if I'd fit in anymore, I try to b grateful, know there's always,someone who has it worse but some days I just feel as if my only safe place is u see my fuzzy blanket, it's sift the world is hard

User Profile: politeCup6711
politeCup6711 October 7th, 2017

@TweetyBird1015

load more
May 31st, 2017

I wish people wouldnt judge me based on other schizophrenics.

User Profile: Amarithlena
Amarithlena May 31st, 2017

I just wanted to be believed when I say something is wrong and to be heard when I want to talk about it. I have fibromyalgia and all the mental illnesses that arise from it, but so many people still don't believe that it's a real illness even if it's been proven time and time again. No one believes you when you say you fight everyday with your mind and body. They don't believe that you are in so much pain that you can't even walk sometimes. They don't believe you when you are young and appear healthy. I wish everyone could see on the outside what I feel everyday, it would be a hideous sight.

User Profile: NannysGirl
NannysGirl June 8th, 2017

I wish everyone knew that when I say I can't function because of my depression - that it's a real, tanagible truth.