Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Attention all Carers!

User Profile: redbea
redbea May 13th, 2025

Hi everyone, I'm new here. Just hoping to start a thread to chat to others who support and care for loved ones with disabilities. I care for my husband (32, stroke survivor) and work full time. We have a 4 year old girl ð©· It's been a very hard 6 months since my husband's stroke. He is doing amazing in his recovery, so much has changed for him, but also for us as a family and as a couple. Would be great to have people to connect with on here.

5
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 14th, 2025

Boosting :)


User Profile: Lythande
Lythande June 26th, 2025

@redbea

Hi. I've been caring for my mom since her stroke last year. I ended up quiting my job because I don't feel it's safe to leave her alone all day. Probably parly paranoia on my part, but she still doesn't have great balance and one good head injury while on blood thiners is a constant worry for me. I've be taking courses and looking for remote work ever since. 

Glad your husband is recovering, and I hope you're doing what you need to destress. 

User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow June 26th, 2025

@redbea I wish your husband recovers well 🤍 and you both have a lovely life ahead ❤️ Sending lots of love towards you! 🕊️ You're Awesome <3

User Profile: LabeledBPD
LabeledBPD June 28th, 2025

@redbea

  Hi, it’s a pleasure to meet you. Your newly shaped life that likely came without warning. Painful, difficult, confusing and exhausting. A juggling act when a 4 year old child’s care needs and emotional needs also. So raw , adjusting , a word that can bring about the most intense emotions. 

I am glad you have found this place. Happy to discuss and talk about caring. 

My kid was born with severe brain damage, hard to see how it could be worse. even though  it’s not the same,  a close family member who requires your ongoing care unexpectedly to high levels for the foreseeable future, I do understand.

how have you been coping and do you have resources of support around you?


User Profile: IrelandsMomma
IrelandsMomma August 9th, 2025

Hello! My husband became disabled when we were in our 30s and I am his sole caregiver. Then, at age 43, i had a stroke. I've recovered very well, but it's still hard to be the income earner, caregiver, and survivor. I wish you all the best and please, take care of yourself too. It's so important for you and your family.