Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Heartbreak during pregnancy

User Profile: Mleighton
Mleighton November 19th, 2025

I’m currently 33 weeks pregnant with my first child and my husband who I’ve been with for ten years has hold me he wants to end our marriage. I’m so heartbroken and lost. All I’ve ever wanted was to have a family and now it’s ending before it even really began. He told 3 days ago that he wanted to end it and now I have just a few weeks to pull myself together enough to be a mom.

I’m so scared to be alone. I don’t have a great support system on my side so I know there won’t be much help. I was so excited for this pregnancy. It was even planned and now I’m not excited to set up the nursery or even go into birth. I love my baby and I so badly to hold him in my arms but I just know that when that time comes it’s not going to be filled with the joy I thought it would be.

I also feel so bad that all my baby is hearing right now is me crying and feeling all my pain. I think about all the firsts we were supposed to do together: reading him stories, singing him songs, cuddling together as a family. I think about all the holiday traditions I wanted to start together and now all of that is going away. I have to do them alone.

I wanted to go through my birth unmedicated but now I don’t think I’ll have the mental strength to get through it. I’m so confused for what I want. I didn’t want another pregnancy to be filled with more pain and trauma. I’ve lost so much and when I finally thought I was going to finally have it all, it’s all getting taken away. I don’t feel ready to talk to my friends or family about this yet because to say it out loud makes it permanent and I’m not ready for that. I just want my husband back and my family together…

18
User Profile: MoonlitMind
MoonlitMind November 24th, 2025

@Mleighton

Hey, I'm sorry to hear about that. Just because he is leaving, doesn't mean that you don't have the chance to start your family. So proud of you for how strong you've been and I'm sure that you're baby is gonna love you so much. Praying for you and him 💖

User Profile: pinkPapaya5420
pinkPapaya5420 November 24th, 2025

What you're going through is heartbreaking. Take the time you need to grieve, and the world will welcome you back with open arms.

User Profile: TealQueen90
TealQueen90 November 25th, 2025

Sometimes when I read these, I wish I could help in person.

Now idk what's going on with him. Maybe he's scared or doesn't think he'll be good enough to care for you & the baby, and sadly taking a bad approach to "solve" this. I know it's scary & embarrassing to tell any family & friends about this, and there's a small bit hoping it's all a bad dream that'll be over soon. But you need a support system for you & the baby. Heck, maybe someone in this system of friends & family could even talk to him. Find out what the issue is & possibly talk some sense into him. This maybe a familiar situation to others you know & they might have great advice. I can't make any promises but it's worth the try.

No matter which way things go, I really hope it works out.

Again, go to them. True family & friends love you & want to help you. You never need to feel ashamed.

User Profile: Diamondhearts1
Diamondhearts1 November 25th, 2025

Everyone who’s reading this I hope you have a wonderful day today!