Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Heartbreak during pregnancy

User Profile: Mleighton
Mleighton November 19th, 2025

I’m currently 33 weeks pregnant with my first child and my husband who I’ve been with for ten years has hold me he wants to end our marriage. I’m so heartbroken and lost. All I’ve ever wanted was to have a family and now it’s ending before it even really began. He told 3 days ago that he wanted to end it and now I have just a few weeks to pull myself together enough to be a mom.

I’m so scared to be alone. I don’t have a great support system on my side so I know there won’t be much help. I was so excited for this pregnancy. It was even planned and now I’m not excited to set up the nursery or even go into birth. I love my baby and I so badly to hold him in my arms but I just know that when that time comes it’s not going to be filled with the joy I thought it would be.

I also feel so bad that all my baby is hearing right now is me crying and feeling all my pain. I think about all the firsts we were supposed to do together: reading him stories, singing him songs, cuddling together as a family. I think about all the holiday traditions I wanted to start together and now all of that is going away. I have to do them alone.

I wanted to go through my birth unmedicated but now I don’t think I’ll have the mental strength to get through it. I’m so confused for what I want. I didn’t want another pregnancy to be filled with more pain and trauma. I’ve lost so much and when I finally thought I was going to finally have it all, it’s all getting taken away. I don’t feel ready to talk to my friends or family about this yet because to say it out loud makes it permanent and I’m not ready for that. I just want my husband back and my family together…

18
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 November 20th, 2025

@Mleighton

I get that you are not ready to tell people, but this baby is coming soon, and you need support, help and understanding and your family will want nothing more than to help you!

It's a very emotional time for you, and to add everything into the mix that is going on with your husband.

We all need help 💜💖

3 replies
User Profile: Franse
Franse November 20th, 2025

We all need help. You're right.

Would you mind tagging people? Would you mind tagging people? I haven't interacted on the app in a long time and I've lost contacts.

2 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 November 21st, 2025

@Franse

💜

User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy November 24th, 2025

Were you able to locate your lost friends? Is your health better? I hope you find the help you're looking for. This app is indeed one of the best places to find support as its blessed by most selfless souls serving the good cause of love.

God bless.

@Franse

load more
load more
User Profile: Franse
Franse November 20th, 2025

I wish I could find the right words to alleviate, even just a little, the pain you carry.

I'll make the effort, you deserve it.

The only thing I see throughout everything you've said, beyond the inexplicable denials of beautiful blessings like you and the child you're carrying, It is the resistance, capacity, and strength with which you live. I know it seems contradictory given how you must be feeling right now, but it's precisely because you're still breathing, still asking yourself all these questions, Speaking here, thinking about the future, is how you demonstrate your ability.

I know that what I offer is just words, and that you deserve more than that. As long as you continue with the intention and action of doing things right, of not giving up, believe me, you will be a greatest mother. The strongest person I know is my own mother, four children, alone. The willpower that you women possess is beautifully incredible. As long as you keep that flame alive, everything will be alright.

I'm sending you a big hug. Keep breathing. Keep fighting. ☺️

User Profile: tee03
tee03 November 20th, 2025

I’m so sorry you’re going through something this painful, especially so late in your pregnancy. Having your husband say he wants to end the marriage after ten years is a shock no one could ever be prepared for, and everything you’re feeling right now makes perfect sense. You imagined a future, a family, traditions, and a joyful birth together, and it hurts deeply to feel that slipping away. Please remember that your baby is not being harmed by your emotions. You love your child, and that love is already protecting them. You’re allowed to cry. You’re allowed to grieve. You’re allowed to feel lost.

It’s also okay that the excitement you once had feels gone. Your world has shifted in just a few days. Joy can come back in its own time, and it doesn’t make you any less ready or any less capable of being a wonderful mother. You don’t have to do everything alone. Even if your support system feels small, you and your baby will still create your own warm, loving world together. It may look different from what you imagined, but different can still be beautiful. Sending you hugs 🫂, you are not alone.

User Profile: Creamyyy
Creamyyy November 20th, 2025

Im just wondering what happened to your husband all of a sudden? Or had the tension been brewing for a while?

Your dreams are so beautiful... the idea of parents loving their child is so rich....i wish your husband can come on board ... he'd be the one missing out truly....

I feel what you feel for your baby.. they deserve joy... and youre right the baby in your womb can feel your tears and is probably crying with you....thats how deeply the bond between the mother and baby is designed....

I pray for you dear friend/ sister .. may you and your baby find strength and joy, no matter how life rolls ahead.....love you 💛✨️

@Mleighton

User Profile: Mleighton
Mleighton OP November 20th, 2025

Thank you everyone for all the kind words. You have no idea how much they mean to me right now. Thank you for all the love ❤️

User Profile: raspberryBunny4662
raspberryBunny4662 November 21st, 2025

@Mleighton

I'm really sorry you're going through this... I'm a teenager so I don't know much, but as someone who already wishes to grow up and have such a future, I can imagine that feeling leving you heartbroken ❤️

I felt really bad listening to this, I really hope you're okay 😢 did this happen so suddenly? You should ask your husband why he wants to leave, don't just think it's the end so suddenly, not because it's your responsibility to comfort him, but because you deserve to know at the very least 🤍

And if it really ends that way, don't loose hope entirely, I know it'll feel bad, you're not wrong to feel bad, but don't forget to turn to the people who are by your side when it happens, lean on them for a while, take support if you need. 💚

And even then it doesn't mean it has to be the end, it's your choice, but you can calmly ask him if he's still willing to contribute to the baby's upbringing, because in the end, even if what you had between eachother fades (which I hope and wish to God that it won't), it's your both's baby, you can take equal responsibility.

But along all that, please just take care of yourself and the baby, wether it's eating healthy or something you like and enjoy, wether it's going somewhere you like or staying and resting at a place that feels secure, wether it's staying awake with your thoughts or getting a good night's sleep, wether it's sitting without anything to do or doing just about anything you like or what would make you feel in control of the situation, wether it's finding comfort in your own heart or in the people who're around you...

Hope everything turns out to be okay in the end ❤️🤞🏻🍀

User Profile: raspberryBunny4662
raspberryBunny4662 November 21st, 2025

Sending love and support on behalf of all members and listners of seven cups 💕🙃 I imagine them all agreeing ❤️‍🩹

User Profile: AMillionDreamz
AMillionDreamz November 21st, 2025

@Mleighton@Mleighton Hi there. I wish I knew the right words to say to comfort you and make you feel better. All I have to offer is my empathy and to say that me, like others who commented, heard you and feel for you. I felt profound pain and sadness reading your post. I cannot imagine what you are going through, to feel so close to the happiness you dreamed of only to have it abruptly taken off you. 

It is going to be difficult and painful at first but you can still have the happy relationship with your child but its going to be different than you imagined and wanted it to be. It is going to be so heartbreaking but in heartbreak, we grow strong, we love stronger, and you have within you all you need to bring this wonderful child to this world, love this child, and be the happy family for your child. 

User Profile: kalymmenon
kalymmenon November 21st, 2025

May God be a helping hand to you and your child.

User Profile: softUnicorn9315
softUnicorn9315 November 24th, 2025

@Mleighton I’m so sorry you’re going through something this painful, especially at a time when you should be feeling supported and excited. What you’re feeling makes sense anyone in your position would be heartbroken and scared. But please know this, you are not failing, and you are not alone right now. Even in all this uncertainty, you’re still showing so much love and strength for your baby. You don’t have to figure everything out at once. Just take things one breath at a time, one day at a time. There will be support for you, and you will not face motherhood without help. For now, just be gentle with yourself. You deserve that kindness.