Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Are you holding onto something you need to let go of?

User Profile: Laura
Laura August 11th, 2016

What is it? And why do you need to let it go?

143
User Profile: sunnyShip2345
sunnyShip2345 August 11th, 2016

Yes

User Profile: RaCat
RaCat August 11th, 2016

Yes, I am still trying to stay friends with my ex-best friend who confessed me she loves me in romantic way and after I couldn't feel the same she told it was too hard for her to be with me. I am still trying to stay friends, I am still trying to do the best I can to save our friendship but I know it's time to let her go away.

User Profile: PorcupineQuills
PorcupineQuills August 11th, 2016

My ex, who I'm still in love with. One step at a time, but tomorrow is the first time I'll travel back home to see family without her and it feels overwhelming. Just hoping to get through the rest of August - we were getting married in two weeks, so I need that day to pass.

User Profile: Knight1014
Knight1014 August 11th, 2016

I know I need to let her go, but I find it hard to. She was my world, then she cut me loose without any real explanation. She spoke lies to her family about me, so why am I still pining for her?

1 reply
User Profile: glittersoul001
glittersoul001 August 12th, 2016

@Knight1014 I know what it's like, it's never easy and that's okay. Please stay strong. If there's anything I could tell you it's that through time you'll see, love is not the only thing worth living for. You have the whole world. I promise you you'll get through it.

load more
August 11th, 2016

I'm still holding on to the pain that people caused me years ago. It's toxic and i know it's hurting me and not them.

1 reply
User Profile: Dionysus
Dionysus August 11th, 2016

@scottr54640 I feel you, I've had the same issue.

load more
User Profile: Dionysus
Dionysus August 11th, 2016

Yes. I am still holding on to my first girlfriend who I dated on and off for many years - letting go of the dream we hoped to build together has been hard. I also cannot let go of the fact my most recent start up didn't work out, I was so happy while working in it I felt very accomplished.

User Profile: disneyfreak
disneyfreak August 11th, 2016

Too many! Long stories, short:

1) my BFF since 8th grade blamed her ex, my friend, for doing something to her kids that isn't true and hates me for doing the right thing she stole his car, I found out where she was staying at with the car and told my friend) and doesn't want to be friends anymore

2) my step dad wanted to "educate me" about the anatomy of sex the wrong way, saying my mom asked him to have the sex talk and boys talk when she already did long ago and he offered to show me where a certain part of me is located on my body and showing me porn. I told my mom and he told her I was lying and asked in front her why I did that and if I wanted them to divorce. For the longest time my mom accused me of lying about EVERYTHING and I had to earn my trust back even though I told the truth almost 100% of the time

3) I was molested by my uncle when I was 3. It still feels like it was yesterday

4) my sister told my aunt I did something to her. But idk what because my aunt won't tell me what and all she said to me was you know what you did and I'm disappointed in you. My sister is a pathological lier may I add. She lies about EVERYTHING and gets away with it and has no shame about it. Starting to wonder if she's a sociopath?

1 reply
User Profile: reservedexcitment
reservedexcitment August 13th, 2016

@disneyfreak that is awful. It sucks to not be trusted when you are a trust worthy person but time will catch up with these people and the truth will rise eventually

load more
User Profile: sensitiveSugar8860
sensitiveSugar8860 August 11th, 2016

I'm holding on to the girl I love, even though she's with another guy. I've been holding on for 6 months now and I'm getting closer to harming myself every day.

User Profile: Korsbarella
Korsbarella August 11th, 2016

@Laura

Resentment... some days the resentment I feel it is overwhelming, the feeling of being shunned for being myself..

I am letting go of the resentment, day by day...

User Profile: Nalleysgirl12
Nalleysgirl12 August 11th, 2016

Lots of past family issues, my depression, negativity, and failures