Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Is today a hard day? Let us know & we'll give you extra support today

User Profile: Laura
Laura May 30th, 2017

Let us know & we will support you!

334
User Profile: SkylinePainter
SkylinePainter July 26th, 2017

Today could have been worse so im happy that I am still somewhat okay But it has been real hard days and some times i feel like how I will get through with this all. Very very overwhelming and feeling lonely

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 26th, 2017

@SkylinePainter I'm sorry to hear you're feeling overwhelmed and lonely. We're glad you found this community and are here if you need to talk.

@SkylinePainter. I am lonely too. I understand what you are going through. Do you have any friends you can reach out to?

load more
July 26th, 2017

Kinda hard, trying to control my emotions not to get angry.

User Profile: Tori0707
Tori0707 July 26th, 2017

Well I stared at my belly for too long today and I've been more conscious of it. I went out for lunch with my cousins that are in town but ate way too much I was already not hungry when I got there and just had a bit of a cupcake and feel so horrible. I have been eating way too much and my body just looks so fat And ugly and I can't even do anything about it because if I do I'll just keep rollercoastering up and down. But I hate being this big

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 26th, 2017

@Tori0707 Hey Tori. I'm so sorry to hear that your day was crappy. It's hard to not feel comfortable in your own body. I'm here as a listener if you want to talk through it more together. You are beautiful no matter how big or small you are.

load more
User Profile: RealHappyMan
RealHappyMan July 27th, 2017

Nobody wants me.

Me neither.

I wish I could be excited about dying.

User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 July 27th, 2017

Good news I am laughing about it now.

However I had a therapy break though and had typed over 2500 words and then had lost it all. I spilled my coffee. Then at dinner I had burnt my thumb.

I manage to use my sense of humor and work through it all.

User Profile: EtherealFeathers
EtherealFeathers July 27th, 2017

@Rebekahwriter13

Heya ^-^ Oh dear, I'm glad you handled these little mishaps well. I hope you feel better soon v.v

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 27th, 2017

@Rebekahwriter13 Humor helps us even through the darkest of situations. Nice work!

load more
User Profile: neatMelon6467
neatMelon6467 July 27th, 2017

I am trying to get sober and it feels very lonely. I feel sad

User Profile: EtherealFeathers
EtherealFeathers July 27th, 2017

@neatMelon6467

Hi there :3 I'm so sorry to hear about this. We, the community are here for you through it all. Remember that you don't have to go through this alone. Please don't give up hope.

load more
User Profile: Ardshf
Ardshf July 27th, 2017

I'm tired if being told that 'someday things will get better' or 'your suffering will end soon' because i'm just so tired of everything. Endless discrimination, insults, not being appreciated, isolation, loneliness, depression, anxieties, fears, numbness, unwanted thoughts and loads more. Maybe there's lot of people who suffer more than i am. Well maybe im not as strong as them and im not r patient enough to wait for 'someday' when everything's get better.

User Profile: HungryAlpaca
HungryAlpaca July 27th, 2017

@Ardshf Hi there. I'm sorry things are feeling really rough right now. Some days I think it's most helpful when you open up to someone if they're able to say, "that sucks," rather than try to put a positive spin on things. Positive spins are well intentioned, but not always helpful.

I know the notion of "It gets better" is really popular, but it's not that simple. There won't be a day when you wake up and everything is magically better, as much as it would be wonderful for there to be. Sometimes, life really sucks. I don't know what's on your plate at the moment, but I'm sure there's a lot going on that's overwhelming, disappointing, frustrating etc. There will be times like that in the future too.

I've had many, many rough periods. They don't necessarilly go away. But, in between those rough periods I get some days where everything just seems to make sense. It's like there are these little windows of hope that just remind me of why I got through all of those bad days-- sometimes it's just a moment. But it's worth it, I promise.

Things might not "get better," but there may come a time in which it doesn't hurt so much. And that is worth fighting for. In the meantime, we're here to listen heart

User Profile: Ardshf
Ardshf July 27th, 2017

@HungryAlpaca 'magically better' it's not like I've been doing nothing about it.

i appreciate your kind words anyway. Thanks

User Profile: HungryAlpaca
HungryAlpaca July 27th, 2017

@Ardshf I'm sorry if it came off as though I assumed you were not making efforts for things to feel better. I'm sure you have been working hard! And it's really frustrating when you've been working really hard and not reaping the benefits. What I meant is that you have to hold out for those moments of clarity that remind you all of the work that you're doing is worth it, because it most definitely is.

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: anonyOrange966
anonyOrange966 July 29th, 2017

All is forgiven but the words and pain I felt that day is still fresh. Things seem better between me and my guy but I'm not quite there yet. There's a huge void in my soul and I'm ready to call it quits. I just don't know how. He's still on meds for generalised anxiety disorder

User Profile: Tori0707
Tori0707 July 30th, 2017

Today I work and I'm just super confused. I'm confused about my two friends that just aren't really acting like my friends and I'm confused about this guy cause I like him a lot but I'm not sure he's making me crazy I can't stop thinking about him. And I keep looking at pictures of my old body and feeling so fat and I hate it I hate being this fat. I want my body from a year ago and I want my long hair and I just want to be attractive again and I don't feel attractive. I hate it

User Profile: HungryAlpaca
HungryAlpaca July 30th, 2017

@Tori0707 It sounds like today has been challenging for you, I'm sorry to hear that. I know social stressors usually put me more on edge and can definitely trigger me quite a bit. While I don't have much expertise to offer in handling your eating disorder, I just want to take this time to remind you that there is NOTHING wrong with your body. I know your eating disorder wants to tell you otherwise.

I know it's really hard to talk about these things so I'm glad you were able to reach out for help. Just know that we're here, and we care about you. In the meantime, here a a few self-soothing tips that might make today a little less daunting. You got this :)

User Profile: WendyBird15
WendyBird15 August 2nd, 2017

@Tori0707 oh Gosh, I can see how all this at once can be confusing and maybe even a bit overwhelming. I hope that things improve for you soon and please know that if you need to talk more about anything you can always connect to a listener for a 1 on 1 chat :) we are here to support you!

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 July 31st, 2017

With my depression, hormones, and anemia it was really hard to get out of bed. I do though, that has to count for something.

User Profile: Kate
Kate July 31st, 2017

@Rebekahwriter13 Getting out of bed definitely counts as an achievement for the day.

User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 August 2nd, 2017

@lovelyllama13 I admit it is an achievement because I feel like I have so many things keeping me in bed. How do I get pass it?

load more
User Profile: anonyOrange966
anonyOrange966 August 3rd, 2017

@Rebekahwriter13 I know what you mean. I was in your shoes two weeks ago and still hungover. With those going on, getting out of bed is definitely an achievement! :D

User Profile: Averyisheretohelp
Averyisheretohelp December 9th, 2017

@Rebekahwriter13

You got this, and you are never alone!

load more