Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

leaving social media for a while made me feel so comfortable

User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter July 20th, 2025

it's oddly comfortable. For a while I didn't feel the need to care about social media world. Not scrolling down a lot.. not enganging with my online friends. It's so comfy I thought of not going back. 

21
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 20th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

Moderation is always important and taking breaks for yourself 💜💕

3 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 20th, 2025

@Amanda84 yes but then again i always feel bad for leaving my online connection. But I feel much happier when I'm not scrolling that site.. 

2 replies
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 July 20th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

You can still maintain that connection, with balance 💕💜

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 20th, 2025

@Amanda84 thank you.. i'm really happy without it that i dont want this comfortable feeling to end.. if i go back then i think i will be anxious again. it's like never ending tug of war with myself..

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow July 20th, 2025

@hopefulencounter I have similar feelings. You're not alone in this 🤍 Sending lots of love your way! 🐾❤️

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@fossilfellow awee thank you! sending lots of love your way too!

load more
User Profile: JaniceWang
JaniceWang July 20th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

I can relate to u.💞

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@JaniceWang hugs for us! 🫂

load more
User Profile: braindamag3
braindamag3 July 20th, 2025

@hopefulencounter

I understand completely, I left the only social media I was a part of back in September last year and I feel so much better for it.

I found that myself and my wife were paying more attention to our phones than each other we both agreed to sign off and leave I G and not look back. We now spend more time with each other than our screens ☺️🤗

Hope you find solace in your choice as well ❤️‍🩹

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@braindamag3 thank you 💞 this peaceful feeling of not enganging 24/7 with online noises feel so wonderful so far!

load more
User Profile: Zaxoosh
Zaxoosh July 22nd, 2025

@hopefulencounter

That actually sounds really peaceful — like rediscovering quiet in a noisy room. Stepping away from the constant scroll and online noise can feel like giving your mind room to breathe. It's not that the connections or conversations online aren’t real or meaningful, but sometimes the pace and pressure of it all become too much.

Feeling comfy in that disconnection might be your way of telling yourself something — maybe that your energy is better spent elsewhere right now, or that your attention deserves more care.

You don’t have to go back if you don’t want to, you know. Or you can return on your terms. Online life isn't going anywhere — it'll be there if or when you’re ready, but your peace in this moment? That’s something worth protecting.


3 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@Zaxoosh so true 🥹🥹 thank you for sharing your thoughts with me! 

2 replies
User Profile: CalmRosebud
CalmRosebud July 23rd, 2025

Hi! I feel the same way. I take loads of breaks from the computer. I know someone who has never touched a computer, not even a typewriter! She gets all her news from friends and newspaper. She seems content with her choice as well!

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@CalmRosebud that's nice! thanks for telling me this! I feel happy when I'm away from social media , sometimes I feel bad for leaving my socmed friends but I feel so much better so.. it's weird how staying away from online world make me feel so much better..

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 July 23rd, 2025

Does that include 7Cups? :(

4 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 of course not, this site brings me peace too :D

3 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 July 23rd, 2025

Oh good <3 We LOVE having you here! <3

2 replies
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 23rd, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 🥹 aww

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 July 23rd, 2025

<3

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: humorousKiwi488
humorousKiwi488 July 23rd, 2025

I have been social media free for 3+ years and I commend you for recognizing how it can negatively impact us. I know it is quite addicting and while it can be positive in many aspects, if you are feeling like it has more of a negative impact on your mental health, I think taking a step away for a while is best. I do agree that moderation can be a great way to have the best of both worlds, though!

In the end, you know what is best for you. If you feel you need it, maybe limit the amount of time per day to only 10-15 minutes or even only to a few times per week.

1 reply
User Profile: hopefulencounter
hopefulencounter OP July 24th, 2025

@humorousKiwi488 thank you for your advice! It's true, I feel a lot happier when I'm away from it. Like, I stop stressing about what my online friends think about me. I do feel bad for leaving/not checking on them for almost 2 weeks now.. But I think this is the best for me since I feel a lot happier. 

load more