Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

World Mental Health Day : Cleanse Your Mind

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt October 11th, 2020

WMHD Event: Cleanse Your Mind

Hello everyone! Hope you are doing great.

It’s a beautiful day outside today, isn’t it? :)

Today is Day 2 of our World Mental Health Day Event. (Check out this post for details on World Mental Health Day Event). Taking care of our mental health is extremely important, so to improve the mental health we need to overcome the obstacles on the way by getting rid of negativity.

Imagine going in for a bath, you wash away all the impurities with water and soap. Now consider taking your mind/brain for a bath, over here, you wash away all the negative thoughts and emotions (impurities) by writing them down instead of washing them away with water and soap.

Icebreaker: What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind? fdgfb8M4aRFplDCG1ExQBjF8FHFu_1zVJ6VTIFQuSaYmHjN15tsPAZlQKaS8HeVREqfzSGqEcK8ZWMJ-SLkbVOA-SkSejMPZmvtJOfeg3vyE1JRTfetQswOaMl4OrlcUbJx9S2IV

_jYG9Ft05jdxqIwMYF0VQeU1J15n4KzCsYJE4k-WU9NHcRh4XsmVDLLg2VmwVKlhR1FhDwdzvr0IcrGadHiy5hglfXgqFTFY_kQwNjZmRU1crD0Fj93p7NMFicTKsvfTWoh5Qa6C

Please tag 3 others to join in on our Icebreaker post! And, after participation, fill out this form to earn your badge and check out this Masterpost to participate in other fun October Events.

Click here to be added/removed from the tag list

79
User Profile: Gozzil
Gozzil October 12th, 2020

So many people saying procrastination! I relate so hard...

User Profile: Starmedia
Starmedia October 14th, 2020

@Gozzil

Very true, Gozzil! I hope we all can grow from it together! smileyheart

load more
User Profile: Starmedia
Starmedia October 13th, 2020

Hello, Everyone! Thank you to everyone who participated. heart

After participating, make sure to fill this form to win the "Fall Events 2020 badge"

This event is a part of "World Mental Health Day Event" Click Here to check it out!

All the forum events are open for participation throughout this month so feel free to join in, if you haven't participated yet. smiley

If you want to take part in other fun & interesting October Events, then Click Here to check Tazzie's wonderful October Event Masterpost.

@incognitoknight0101 @blissart @vroomvrooom @Destiny00 @Ag47 @Rashmiee @Friend247 @ashvillium @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @7motivation @Daf8 @lovelyMirage5650 @Ladiebird7 @Mysteyhelp000 @enchantedlove @youarenotalone00 @drearienne @Textingpals @lovelyMirage5650 @generousMango1320 @Azrial666 @greenTree3874 @dhabib @enthusiasticPomegranate6910 @CognitiveACE @Kimmkimm @sadleafycup @BrokenTearss @hopebeyondpain @drearienne @HannahChu777 @RoryK @Clara139175 @hopedreamlove @SupportiveMitch @TheAtticusFinch @azuladragon34 @Gozzil @kayblue

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 14th, 2020

@Starmedia that's great I am glad happy that someone understands how I feel and what I wrote that makes me smile and that's the best response ever

User Profile: Starmedia
Starmedia November 13th, 2020

@dhabib

I am so sorry I don't know how I missed your response but thanks for expressing yourself! heart

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib November 14th, 2020

@Starmedia Thank you and thanks for understanding that and respecting it I am also in. A hard situation with my dad and it hurts to be dealing with what I have to deal with it hurts in many ways your not listened to and it's mean by dad doesn't care what I have to say

I still have a lot to tell you

I have a lot to say

User Profile: Starmedia
Starmedia November 15th, 2020

@dhabib

Sounds like you're going through a very difficult time dear, especially with your dad. It can be very hurtful to feel that we are not being listened to and cared for. *hugs* I really hope things get better for you.

Please remember you deserve to be treated well, and respected. You can always reach out to me or any listener for support. We are all here for you, okay? Stay strong. heart

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib November 28th, 2020

@Starmedia thank you I need you yes and yes it hurts yes it's hard and thank you for your understanding yes I been stressed and anxious for several months yes I have a lot to say and a lot to tell you

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 14th, 2020

Emotions I would like to get rid of it's sadness stress anger and feeling hurt and being in pain and being scared and showing signs of panic I need guidance I need advice and help I need someone who listens and respects me and understands me I'm sensitive of course it hurts it's heavy on me and it's uncomfortable

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 14th, 2020

I would like to cleanse myself from tension and anxiety and fear and stress that bothers me a lot it's a long term problem at least for me it's not fun at all to be carrying it and it's uncomfortable to be uncomfortable unpleasant things reliving a trauma incident I don't like others making me feel uncomfortable and I would like to get rid of my nightmares and scars and things that are hurtful to my soul and life

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 14th, 2020

I cleanse myself with essential oils it's lavender and water giving myself a warm hug and squeezing every muscle in my body from head to toe and wait until I'm completely relaxed just breathe

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib October 14th, 2020

Imagining a staircase is going 20 steps and I do get relaxed and soothered it's very helpful going down slowly I deserve to melt anything it's tension and pain reguardless how I'm feeling and also imaging myself as a glowing angel and I am soaking myself in water improves my mood it's necessary and I will reuse use it it's in my tool box

October 14th, 2020

@VerseArt

The thoughts of yesterday and tomorrow. The feelings of queasiness. The negative emotions of judgment towards self and others.

Let it all be washed away ... 😇

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 14th, 2020

Hello @DonaldDraper

That's a great one. The past should be washed away :)

load more
User Profile: Dino12
Dino12 October 27th, 2020

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

I'm not good enough, procrastination, I can't do it

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 27th, 2020

Hello @Dinoprincess12

Hope you get rid of all the above mentioned :)

load more
User Profile: BookChunky
BookChunky October 27th, 2020

@VerseArt

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

Till a few years back this list was really long but since then I have learned to accept myself the way I am and develop more positive thinking.

Still, I would like to stop considering myself as very lazy or procrastinator, overthinking things that my friends and parents say sometimes,

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP October 27th, 2020

Hello @BookChunky

It's so great that you have come to accepted yourself and doing better :)

load more
User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 November 13th, 2020

@VerseArt

What are some thoughts, emotions, or feelings that you would like to get rid of in order to cleanse your mind?

I am working on being positive and not listening to the negative things in my life

User Profile: VerseArt
VerseArt OP November 13th, 2020

Hello @pamharley003

That's great. Positive vibes only! 😄

load more