Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Managing Stress

User Profile: Winne26
Winne26 November 20th, 2025

Guys i would really like ti know what you guys do when your stressed 

18
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 November 21st, 2025

@Kawther999

I exercise.

Listen to music.

Go for a run.

Physical releases work for me most.

Watching the football 😁 💜 

User Profile: Diehelfermaus
Diehelfermaus November 21st, 2025

Positive Affirmations

Meditations on Youtube

Counting 5 things that were good on my day

User Profile: Diehelfermaus
Diehelfermaus November 21st, 2025

Positive Affirmations

Meditations on Youtube

Counting 5 things that were good on my day

User Profile: StephenMTaylor
StephenMTaylor November 22nd, 2025

If small things stress you out, try breaking those things down into smaller things - if you're trying to motivate yourself to tidy your room, for example, turn that into manageable steps like "make the bed", "pick up old clothes", "take cups to the kitchen", etc.

That's a good way of dealing with practical stress anyway - if it's just a case that you're feeling overwhelmed by everything, maybe you just need some time to switch off? No screens, no TV, no people if possible - just peace and quiet, and maybe a book to keep you busy.

User Profile: Avony
Avony November 24th, 2025

@Kawther999 When I'm stressed, I stop what I'm doing and try to breathe. Sometimes it is effective and sometimes not. My goal is to try and calm myself down before I start thinking about worst-case scenarios

User Profile: helloSailboat3
helloSailboat3 November 24th, 2025

I've been writing recently, keeps things out of the head. It's called journalling. Going for short jogs helps. Gets the circulation going.

User Profile: Kourt22
Kourt22 November 24th, 2025

@Kawther999

yoga

User Profile: silverForever2835
silverForever2835 November 25th, 2025

@Kawther999

i love to read a book, listen to music, or do something that makes me move my body

User Profile: Sammywood99
Sammywood99 November 25th, 2025

I’m actually doing a research project on this right now for my clin psych degree. While it’s still in process I can say one of the takeaways is as opposed to the endless list of different hobbies and activities that people do, it’s perhaps more apt to identify baseline needs and fulfil those in your own individual way.

For example, many people I’ve interviewed so far expressed that finding understanding and clarity in what was making them stressed, or understanding what needed to be done, was the underlying factor, and this happened to manifest in different ways. One person listened to music in which the lyrics made them feel understood. Another person asked their mother for advice on how to deal with a stressful situation. Another organised their work and tasks in such a way that perfect clarity was achieved. Each of these people had a different stress relief strategy, yet in the end were all meeting the same need.

Find your underlying need - be it understanding, distraction, attachment / company, etc, and then think of what specific activity or task is best for you personally to satisfy that need. This might be more effective than just trying out a breathing technique or taking a walk.

User Profile: pandanfe
pandanfe November 25th, 2025

@Kawther999

I usually feel like passing out, so i just sleep. 
Or binge watch and sleep