Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relaxation: What relaxing activity did you do this week?

December 8th, 2017

In order to cope with stress and pressures, it is important to create balance, through engaging in relaxation-based activities. This can allow one to maintain health, and maintain being productive, as well as efficient, in carrying out ones daily activities, in their life.

What relaxing activity did you do this week?

Examples:

- take a warm bath

-listen to soothing music

-Yoga

-meditation

-watch tv or a movie

-write in a journal

-read a magazine

-deep breathing

-etc.

35
User Profile: suelinda
suelinda December 8th, 2017

Hello I am Sue and 15 years old. My biggest fear is war. I am so afraid of Nuclear war and i will not that my family die. I don't know what i should do. And have the life meaning at all? I am so derpressed. Can anyone help me? :/

1 reply
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean December 10th, 2017

@suelinda

I'm sorry to hear that you are feeling this way..

However this is the "Healthy Living" Section of the 7cups community. Perhaps your question and concerns will be better suited in the "Depression Support Subcommunity" as well , you can talk with one of MANY great listeners here in a "one-on-one" chat in private by browsing for a listener. I do hope that you are able to find someone to chat with to help you work through your concerns.

load more
User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen December 9th, 2017

For relaxation this week, I've watched two movies, read three books, decorated two inserts for a Travelers Notebook, and gone to an event at the library where we decorated wreaths with fresh evergreens. It's been a nice week.

1 reply
December 9th, 2017

@BridgetAileen

These sound like some wonderful relaxing activities! Keep them up!

User Profile: AlluraRae
AlluraRae December 13th, 2017

@BridgetAileen That's absolutely lovely Bridget! Great ways to relax. <3

load more
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean December 10th, 2017

@StrengthFromWithin

Personally I just "unplugged" for a few days from the lap-top... and just relaxed and went to bed earlier for a few days... It was kind of forced rather than something I just decided to do on my own, but its what I did this week. And managed to get some great sleep as well.

1 reply
December 11th, 2017

@PoliteOcean

This sounds like a relaxing type of a time, in which you were able to take some needed rest

load more
User Profile: Ndelost
Ndelost December 10th, 2017

@StrengthFromWithin i watch tv and slept

1 reply
December 11th, 2017

@Ndelost

These sound like relaxing activities to me! Keep them up!

load more
User Profile: energeticFarm4649
energeticFarm4649 December 10th, 2017

got to gym, went to sauna then met up with friends

1 reply
December 11th, 2017

@energeticFarm4649

I also go to the gym, use the sauna and hang out with my friends. These are some positive relaxation activities; keep them up!

load more
User Profile: purplechaosdragon18
purplechaosdragon18 December 11th, 2017

I did my adult coloring books

3 replies
December 11th, 2017

@purplechaosdragon18

I also engage in crafting, including using adult coloring books. I know that using these books can be a relaxing, therapeutic activity, and many were even designed for this purpose (the ones which say they help with stress on the front of them, etc.). Keep it up!

User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic December 12th, 2017

@purplechaosdragon18

I actually like colouring too! I am stunned when I was first given and adult colouring book but it does calm the mind and now I love it :)

User Profile: BridgetAileen
BridgetAileen December 13th, 2017

@purplechaosdragon18

Another coloring fan here. smiley

In fact, that's what I did today to relax. I took my mom to a coloring group at our local library. They play music, serve refreshments, and provide gel pens, colored pencils, markers, and pictures to color. It's really nice to get together with others and see what they're doing. But I also color at home. It's so relaxing.

load more
User Profile: kairemets
kairemets December 11th, 2017

I ate a banana. It can be so relaxing. I have recently developed an overwhelming adoration for bananas! My Mom used to love them too ::)

User Profile: savethebees40
savethebees40 December 12th, 2017

I sat on the back patio with my husband and had great converstations. This is the first time in a long time that we have connected like this.

December 12th, 2017

I took a warm bath.

User Profile: AlluraRae
AlluraRae December 13th, 2017

@StrengthFromWithin
This is an awesome list. Thank you so much. I'll definitely use some of these.