Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

SAW #1: What are some of your personal stress triggers?

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver April 9th, 2024

Hello all, 

Group Support organizing Stress Awareness Week,  the focus will be on discussing general awareness, and support, and celebrating milestones and small steps. This will be an opportunity for all of us to come together and extend our support and compassion to navigate the stress. 

April is Stress Awareness Month, and what better way to tackle stress than by understanding what triggers it in the first place? We all have those situations or experiences that increase our stress levels.  And, knowing your triggers is the first step to managing them effectively. 


Let's start by understanding, what are stress triggers?

These are the situations, people, or even internal thoughts that cause our stress levels to spike. But when we recognize them, we can start to manage them in a better way. 


Let's work together to understand and share our stress triggers and take control of our well-being. Start with sharing and discussing your thoughts.

  • What are some of your personal stress triggers?
  • How do you usually cope with stressful situations?
  • What tips do you have for identifying and managing stress triggers?

Please know you are not alone. Share your experiences in the comments below and let's help each other identify and manage them. We are all here in this together. I look forward to discussing these  triggers with you. 

group-6_1712678793.png

13
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 April 9th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

Hi, ASO,

I don't want to dredge up my personal triggers.  Good try at a question though.

--tree

User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 April 9th, 2024

@purpleTree4652 that's what I was thinking too. Poking at a wound before it's healed isn't my idea of a fun time.

It's nice you put something positive and encouraging in there as well.

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@communicativePond1728 I understand how it can be overwhelming when we are going through tough times, Pond. But please know it is okay to share what you can. No rush though. We here for you

load more
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@purpleTree4652 I totally get it, purple. I am glad you liked the question even if it did not work well as a trigger for you. It can be hard to talk about our own stressors. But please know we are all here with you to listen to and support you


load more
User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine April 9th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

I am guessing that like many, stress triggers come in a variety of forms and multiple ways.

For me, being unable to do what I am asked to do, failing again and again, is a high on my list of stress triggers. What seems so simple for others, usually becomes monumental stressor for me!

Not being able to complete tasks as fast as I believe everyone else is able to do it, especially within certain time limits, causes me a great deal of frustration and distress. These two are quite possibly not things others can relate to. I can understand they are unusual, unless you have experienced them yourself.

Of course, like me, no one like being made fun of, laughed at, put down, or singled out as the scape goat. That is an area that causes me to withdraw into myself and actually consider, that what was said is "truth". It has been well said that, "words are mightier than the sword"! They pierce the heart and soul of those who personalize what is being or has been said. Other people's words can be deeply damaging and hurtful. Words can be used to lift a person up or tear a person down. A person's words are extremely powerful! I remind myself daily to choose my words wisely, as deep wounds and scars remain in my own heart and soul from other people's damaging words.

Being rejected and/or abandoned causes me to internally withdraw and personally isolation. The thought of being unwanted creates a sense in me that I must deserve to be alone. Rejecting oneself because others do not find you acceptable, is an internal battle that is difficult to overcome alone!


So, in all honesty, I continue to struggle to manage or resolve my stress triggers. This area in my life is a very long-term work in progress! I would love to say and/or share the amazing ways I have learned to manage my stress triggers, but the truth is that if I can avoid them, that is the best I am able to do at this time. I am so sorry that I have no wonderful words of wisdom to share!

I joined this group because I want to learn from others how they deal and cope with their own stress triggers and are able to move forward past them.😊

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@4Jasmine Thank you Jasmine for joining and sharing your thoughts and experiences with us. I appreciate it.  Your experiences with stress triggers are valid, and I appreciate your willingness to learn and grow. We all have unique experiences and perspectives on stress and its triggers. It definitely takes a lot of courage to open up about our struggles. Please know yo have all of us here with you to listen to and support you. Jasmine


User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine April 10th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

Thank you!💓

load more
load more
User Profile: Summer243900
Summer243900 April 9th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

My personal stress triggers:

- financial stress

- social anxiety

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@Summer243900 Thank you for opening up and I am glad you took the time to think about what stresses you out, Summer. What is one thing you can do to alleviate your financial stress?


load more
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 April 9th, 2024

@ASilentObserver


Some of my personal stress triggers are second guessing and being hard on myself.

I usually cope with stressful situations with routines and rituals.  

A tip I could give others for stress management is find what works for you.

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@communicativePond1728 Second guessing yourself can be difficult to deal with. What are some ways you have found to stop second guessing? 

Also thank you for the tip. Self-care activities and maintaining routines can be helpful for managing stress. 


load more
User Profile: lightTiger7286
lightTiger7286 April 9th, 2024

Being sick is severely stressful to me as well as things that remind me of times in my life where I have been taken advantage of or manipulated.

to cope I really struggle with this but I try to indulge in self care and take care of myself and have self compassion and validate my feelings.

I don’t know if I really have any tips for identifying or managing stress triggers other than self care and self validation and compassion. This is something I’m really working on.

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 10th, 2024

@lightTiger7286 I am sorry, Tiger. Being sick is particularly challenging for you because it brings up difficult memories of times when you felt taken advantage of or manipulated. But engaging in self-care and practicing self-compassion are helpful ways. Please know you have all of us here to listen to and support you. you are not alone in this. 


load more