WELLNESS WEDNESDAY!... 8/3/22 (15 AMAZING SELF-CARE TIPS YOU MAY NOT HAVE TRIED)!~
HEY EVERYONE~
WELCOME TO "WELLNESS WEDNESDAY"~
🌞TODAY'S TOPIC IS ON "SELFCARE TIPS YOU MAY NOT HAVE TRIED"~
🌞Self-care doesn’t need to be an expensive, extravagant, or timely task....there’s no one-size-fits-all self-care list. It’s about finding things that work for you and your lifestyle — things that make you feel good, both inside and out! And, if you’re busy, you’ll be happy to know there are seamless ways to incorporate self-care into your day-to-day schedule without changing a thing! Because we all deserve some Extra TLC.

15 SELF CARE TIPS TO START USING NOW~
#1 COOK MORE AT HOME: Preparing your food at home means added love and mindfulness. It requires you to put though and love into what your cooking and how you are cooking it. And may help you to reach for healthier ingredients. Or explore foods you never tried before. And thats Selfcare right there! With healthier meals, comes comes healthier overall lifestyle choices. Which helps you feel better and keeps you motivated.
#2 HAVE A DATENIGHT WITH YOURSELF: Curl up with a good book or good movie. Or hit up a group fitness class you've been wanting to try. Or take a walk in the park and enjoy the weather and nature... Take a nice hot bath with essential oils.
#3 HAVE A "STAY"CATION: Instead of running around and doing ALL The things, stay home and schedule in some selfcare time. And do something that makes you feel good..... Or Take a drive around your town and discover things you didn't know where there. Or book a night at a nearby hotel, take advantage of the amenities, or room service, and enjoy some shopping the next day. Or visit a museum, or go see a movie.
#4 GET ORGANIZED: Cleaning and De-cluttering can actually reduce stress! And can feel very gratifying! Sort through the mail thats been sitting there, shred old paperwork or bills, clean out your closet or drawers. It can help you to feel accomplished and less overwhelmed.
#5 ASK YOURSELF HOW YOU ARE EACH MORNING: When is the last time you checked on "yourself"? Doing so can help you to build a healthy habit of becoming more in tune with what you need to feel your best!
#6 LEARN THE POWER OF SAYING NO: It can become completely draining trying to satisfy everyone else. Learning to say 'NO' can be a very powerful tool! Next time you feel like you need to say yes, but really want to say No, Take two minutes to think about it. Some things can wait!
#7 TRY A COOKING CLASS: Try a cooking class... there are virtual options as well. It can be a good way to socialize, and get out and about. You can learn more about cooking from home, which as shown earlier, is another form of selfcare!
#8 CHANGE THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT YOUR GOALS: It can get to starting thinking that everything has to be perfect. But start thinking about your goals differently and realize it doesn't have to be "all or nothing". Celebrate the little victories because those matter too.
#9 DON'T OBSESS OVER CALORIE COUNTING: Focus on "what" you are eating instead "how many" calories you are eating. Eating whole and nutrient dense food is a great way to practice self care. A great way to show yourself some love is to eat as clean as you can. And it promotes a healthier mental state.
#10 WATCH THE SUNRISE OR SUNSET: Spending time in nature can reduce stress levels and boost your mental & physical health. Use this time to focus on your breath and be present with your body. Maybe you can even journal doing so, and/or practice mindfulness, mediations or affirmations.
#11 EDIT YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA FOLLOWING: Do a Social Media "Detox". Take a look at who or what you are following. And say goodbye to whatever (or whoever) doesn't serve your wellbeing!). If it makes your feel "insecure, less than, or anything but your best self", its time to part ways!
#12 TREAT YOURSELF TO SOMETHING SPECIAL: Treat yourself to something special or that you've been wanting. You don't need a reason to do so!
#13 MAKE A VISION BOARD: This is a chance for you to be creative and reflect on your goals or aspirations! And helps you to get clear on what you really want to manifest! It provides a tangible object that can help you to reach your goals. And can be motivational. And serves as a reminder of what you want to accomplish and achieve! Daily encourage + increase positivity = SELFCARE!
#14 SOAK IN SOME SILENCE: How often do you really sit with yourself and do nothing? Quieting your mind and mindfully being present with your body! Sitting in silence can help lower your blood pressure, reduce cortisol and get better sleep. And you can really do this anywhere. In your car, early in the morning, at night before bed, or whereever you find yourself alone.
#15 WALK DURING YOUR LUNCHBREAK: On your lunch break or whenever you have time, get out and take a walk in the fresh air. Its a great form of activity and can help to also clear your mind. And also soak up some sunshine for some Vitamin D. You only need about 10 minutes a day to soak in all the stress-busting benefits!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
🌞WHICH OF THESE AMAZING SELFCARE TIPS HAVE YOU "NOT" TRIED YET?!
🌴OR WHICH ONES HAVE YOU TRIED & FOUND BENEFICIAL?!
🌺WHAT OTHER THINGS HAVE YOU TRIED THAT AREN'T ON THIS LIST AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?!
HL Leaders: @PoliteOcean @DonaldDraper @AveryLove @vivelespatates @azuladragon34 @Artalistens @emotionalTalker2260
Taglist: @777Bre777 @affectionateCat9553 @AffyAvo @Aileen1114117 @AveryLove @Azuladragon34 @Bre4Me @BrookieLou96 @bubbleOcean2604 @Caringmama2022 @CarolineEmily01 @Chevy81 @CyclingThroughLife @Dallady @determinedCat7367 @diamondintheROUGH2022 @DonaldDraper @EmotionalTalker2260 @ForeverRed @GoldenNest2727 @HopieRemi @jigsaw3638 @Mellietronx @nordurnStar @ouiCherie @PandaHelp000 @politeocean @positiveRiver9935 @Rebekahwriter13 @selflessSpruce1515 @SilverSeastar @SmileSravani @Spectaculaur @ThoughtfulBlossom @Tzivia @vivelespatates @whenitsdarklookforstars @willingNorth9642
@PoliteOcean comes in with yet another amazing and wholesome post! 💙
🌞 I haven't yet tried asking myself how I'm feeling every morning. I think that's a good habit to get into, it's easy to do and I guess can help a lot with self-awareness and make the day better, as you acknowledged how you're feeling from the get-go! I'll definitely try to implement that!
🌴 Cooking really works for me in terms of self-care! I don't do it that often (probably should get more into it) but I find that whenever I do it, no matter if it turns out terrible (which it most often does, my poor family having to end up eating it xD), I find that it makes you enter a ✨zone✨
🌺 Personally, what really works for me when I'm feeling stressed is reading a really comforting book, usually a really cliche rom-com. I find that it takes a while to get in the ✨zone✨ and not keep spacing out, but when you do it's so great, especially if you can relate (even if a little bit) with the characters!
How about you, awesometastic Ocean? 🌊❤️
Thanks again for this lovely #WellnessWednesday post! 🤗
@whenitsdarklookforstars
Awesome answers Stars!...
Its great that you will try implementing and making yourself a priority from the start! I think that is a good one too.
How awesome that cooking works for you!.. (I don't pretend to be a great cook by any means! Lol) But... I DO know what you mean about how it puts you in a "Zone" of sorts!... Like no matter how good we are with it or not, its our own "creation". And its like we are bringing it to life somehow with our own version or spin, regardless of how it turns out. Its the fun of figuring it all out and putting it together. (Although I don't do this one too often lol).... I like to keep it simple.
And how nice that you are into reading books. I tend to space out and don't focus well when doing so myself. Now my mom can read like a WHOLE Entire Library in a day! lol.. She loves to read and I did NOT inherit that by any means. But yes, finding a good book, with a good plot that you can really enjoy and get into can be fun. (and a good selfcare method)!~
......as far as "me" Stars... You can always find me at the BEACH! Self care at its finest lolol. But my "Real" answers are below ;)
Thank you so much for participating in Wellness Wednesday! And for sharing with us!
🌞WHICH OF THESE AMAZING SELFCARE TIPS HAVE YOU "NOT" TRIED YET?!...Trying a cooking class and Asking myself How I'm doing each day...Just not something I thought about or really made the time to do!
🌴OR WHICH ONES HAVE YOU TRIED & FOUND BENEFICIAL?!... Getting organized and Editing my Social Media!.... I CANNOT stand "Clutter"! And it feels AMAZING when I don't have to look at it or be around it. Decluttering is a very effective Selfcare technique for me and my mental health! As well as "Decluttering my social media". Getting rid of the things there that no longer serve a positive purpose for me.
🌺WHAT OTHER THINGS HAVE YOU TRIED THAT AREN'T ON THIS LIST AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?!....Traveling wasn't mentioned in this list. I love to travel (mainly to tropical and beach locations!)...This is a great way for me to practice and enjoy SelfCare time for myself. I love to sit, relax, and watch the Ocean Waves~ Its a great stress reducer and calming. And does wonders for my Mental Health~
Love all your amazing tips. I have tried and benifitted from them immensely. Revisiting them reminded me that I have to practise them more regularly and mindfully...
Thanks 🌷 so much 🙏🏻
@RideaRainbow
Hey Ride! So glad to see that you enjoyed the post & tips. And that you have also tried them and found benefits in them! I hear you when you say its a good reminder to put them into practice again if needed. And as you state "more regularly and mindfully"~~
Thank you so much for sharing your response with us and participating. It was greatly appreciated! 🌺
@PoliteOcean
Thank you for posting this! I have benefited greatly from soaking in silence. I would like to get back into learning to cook again, and plan to do so soon. Date nights with myself prove helpful, and not obsessing but continuing to make progress (kind of like what you are eating vs how many calories) and encouraging myself along the way is helping a lot. I made a vision board yesterday for the first time, and found a local psychiatrist and therapist that take my insurance the same day! It wasn't a daunting task or anything negative, it was pleasant. Yesterday I also made up a rewards and goals contract with myself, since I do not have a partner, and created rewards and a token-based system to help keep my urge to spend when I can't afford it in check. This way I'm rewarding myself constantly for daily self-care tasks, like making my bed and brushing my teeth, cleaning, and so forth. It is helping to motivate me a lot!
@ThadSterling
Hi there! You are so welcome for the post!
Soaking in silence is definitely a great (calming and relaxing) choice for sure! Thats awesome that you would like to get back into learning to cook again. We'd love to hear how that is going for you! I think date nights with ourselves can be truly enjoyable when we plan it out and make good choices for ourselves about how we'd like to spend that time!...How great that you made a vision board! I did that once but never kept up with it. I hope that you continue to find it beneficial for you! I might try to start one again myself. That is AMAZING that you were able to find a local psych and therapist for yourself. Things are so backed up right now with mental health and appointments due to everything the world has been through the past 2 years, so that is really great for you! And wow, look at you.. Making up a rewards and goals 'contract' for yourself. I think that is something I should for myself as I do love to shop for clothes when I want to feel better lol...
YOU are doing an AMAZING job with yourself and working on all these selfcare goals and strategies! This is truly awesome. And I thank you so much for sharing all of this with us! Please continue to keep up the great work that you are doing, and let us know how things are going for you! We have a weekly check in thread that you are welcome to post in each week to let us know how things are continuing to go for you. I'm so glad that you are finding all of this "Motivating" for you!! Keep going!!
@PoliteOcean
Hello Polite . How are you ? Another lovely post by you !!
1. I am yet to cook my food on my own . I don't know cooking much . So haven't tried it yet !
2. I love soaking in some silence , taking a social media detox and getting organized .
3. I love reading books a lot ! . So I would include that in the list .
Bye :)
@calmsoulmeet
Hey there Calm, how are you today?!
Seems like cooking is a big one so far lol... I'm not much of a cook either. I'm very simple when it comes to that and like to keep it simple.
But soaking in some silence, social media detoxing and getting organized are great choices, (and up there on my list as well)!
I do remember you checking in once and telling us how much you enjoyed reading! Thats surely a Great addition for all who love to do that!
Thank you so much for sharing these with us today. I'm glad you enjoyed the post and thank you for participating!
That's how I love, but it doesn't make me feel any better
@PoliteOcean
🌞WHICH OF THESE AMAZING SELFCARE TIPS HAVE YOU "NOT" TRIED YET?!
- I haven't tried the lunch break walk but I do take a moment to meditate by the nearby lake in my park
🌴OR WHICH ONES HAVE YOU TRIED & FOUND BENEFICIAL?!
- #11 and #13 xD
🌺WHAT OTHER THINGS HAVE YOU TRIED THAT AREN'T ON THIS LIST AND WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?!
- I've noticed an increasing improvement in my anxiety and mind-chatter when I incorporated a daily cup of herbal tea
@SirenOfSerenity
Hey there Siren~
Wow that sounds like an amazing break sitting by lake and meditating. I actually love doing the same thing. Very calming, peaceful and serene~
I totally agree with #11 lol... I Think I might try to work on #13 myself. Thats great that you find those to be beneficial for you!
Incorporating Tea is actually a really great addition! (Especially since, well hey, we are here at 7cups of TEA right?! lol :p) Sipping Herbal Tea is a great way to just sit and relax and enjoy the calming affects. And also a mindful way to take care of yourself. Thanks for sharing that "tip", and your responses with everyone!