Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

SAW #2: Share your tips to beat the stress

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver April 10th, 2024

Hello all, 

Group Support organizing Stress Awareness Week,  the focus will be on discussing general awareness, and support, and celebrating milestones and small steps. This will be an opportunity for all of us to come together and extend our support and compassion to navigate the stress. Yesterday, we discussed personal stress triggers, if you haven't shared yours, please share here with us. 

I think stress can creep up on us all, but also the good news is that there are different ways to combat it.  So this Stress Awareness Week, I invite us to share our favorite stress-buster tips and encourage each other to unwind, recharge, and self-care. In case you feel clueless, then here are some options to get our discussion about stress tips started:

  • Do you swear by meditation, yoga, or deep breathing exercises to calm your mind and body?
  • Does a walk in the park or spending time outdoors melt your stress away? 
  • Do you find coloring, playing music, or writing helps you decompress? 
  • Does catching up with a friend, spending time with a pet, or laughing your head off help you de-stress?
  • Do you find exercise to be your stressbuster? Running, dancing, or hitting the gym?
  • Does putting down your phone, taking a social media break, or getting a good night's sleep make a big difference? 

I will get us started. When I feel stressed, I take a walk and Now it's your turn. Share your favorite stress-buster below. 

group-6_1712730714.png



6
User Profile: 4Jasmine
4Jasmine April 10th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

As you listed some stress relievers, I recognized that there are a few which you mentioned, that are ones which do help me decompress.

When I feel stressed or distressed, taking a quiet walk along a tree covered path, as weather permits, is always helpful. No distractions. Being surrounded by sounds of nature's beauty and peacefulness, brings me peace and an ability to decompress.

When this option is unavailable when I'm feeling stressed, doing deep breathing exercises alone in a quiet place, helps calm my mind and body. Though, actually getting away from the stressors, in order to decompress, is definitely much more helpful.

And finally, healthy nutrition, exercise, and proper amounts of sleep are a must, to assist one in dealing with high stress situations.

I am always open to other people's suggestions and ideas, in order to expand my decompression options.👍

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 11th, 2024

@4Jasmine I am glad you have identified some effective ways to manage stress. They can indeed provide relief and help you cope. Thank you for sharing them with us, Jasmine, I appreciate you and your shares. 

load more
User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 April 10th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

When I am stressed/having a panic attack, I pray, then I seem to meditate and/or do deep breathing.

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP April 11th, 2024

@purpleTree4652 That sounds like a good plan to me, purple. What would you recommend to a friend who was going through what you're currently experiencing?


User Profile: purpleTree4652
purpleTree4652 April 11th, 2024

@ASilentObserver

Hi, ASO, 

I'd tell them to try what I do.

load more
load more
User Profile: ImpudentIncognito
ImpudentIncognito April 11th, 2024

Share your favorite stress-buster below. 

To destress, I like to spend time with my little one, play guitar, draw, write, read, listen to music, go for a walk while admiring nature, watch cute animal videos that my partner sends, and chatting with my (long distance) partner. I stopped going on too long of walks due to medical issues (and agoraphobia) and I stopped physical therapy (temporarily) until I healed from said issues. Going to pick up meds later today, hope it helps! Also, moving in soon with my partner, at the latest will be towards the end of summer. At the earliest, will move in sometime this month. Just depends on plans.