Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Tips to improve water intake

User Profile: IrissV
IrissV May 17th, 2025

As summer approaches what are some advices you would give to someone who finds it difficult to consume water throughout the day?

For me, it is keeping a bottle of water next to me at all times to know the amount I have consumed throughout the day.

21
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 17th, 2025

@IrissV

Keeping a water bottle close is really helpful indeed! 

Adorable tumblers are great too, somehow the pretty looking tumbler makes you drink more water lol! XD  Ooh also those bottles with little reminders and markings! I saw some on Amazon! 

A little too extreme I feel but if it helps it helps xD setting reminders in your phone or other smart devices if you use any! 

6 replies
User Profile: IrissV
IrissV OP May 17th, 2025

Those are really nice tips! Thank you very much! I think the adorable little tumblers are the best solution, it's even better if they also have measurements on them!

1 reply
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 19th, 2025

@IrissV yess the measurements one helps a lot! 

load more
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter May 20th, 2025

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I have one of those bottles! It can be pretty helpful, but I'm a beverage goblin and don't always realize it's there despite its gargantuan size!

3 replies
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 20th, 2025

@HappySpecter haha I get that lol! What beverages do you like most? 

2 replies
User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter May 21st, 2025

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Coffees, sodas, and teas (all iced).

1 reply
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 21st, 2025

@HappySpecter I mean they do have some amount of water in it too, so it should count a little! 👀 Love iced tea and coffee too! 

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: fossilfellow
fossilfellow May 17th, 2025

thanks for the reminder 👍🏼💙

User Profile: rachel8787
rachel8787 May 17th, 2025

For me using a straw has helped A LOT! I just stick one in a jar as I'm trying not to use plastic tumblers. 

I know some people like to add a subtle flavour to make it feel like more of a treat - lime, lemon, mint, a splash of juice or herbal tea, or a plant tincture. Or you can make a homemade gatorade type thing - seasalt, maple syrup, lemon. 

User Profile: LynnieListens
LynnieListens May 20th, 2025

I like adding Crystal Light to my water

you can also have herbal or non-caffeinated tea

fruit and veggies have a lot of water in them too

User Profile: funnyOak2320
funnyOak2320 May 20th, 2025

That whole thing about having to drink 8 glasses of water per day is a complete myth based on a misunderstanding (research it and you'll see). The amount of water your body needs varies based on many factors including the amount of exercise you do throughout the day. The "8 cups are day" rule is a rough estimate of how much an average body needs. What is missed is that you already consume a lot more water than you think through the food you eat and drink, since pretty much everything we consume has water in it. Your body knows best when it needs to hydrate. That's what thirst is.

User Profile: Lemurian51611
Lemurian51611 May 20th, 2025

The first thing I'd suggest is to have a better understanding of "thirst." I will sometimes have a hard time understanding if my body is thirsty or not, so the moment I start feeling thirst, I try to take a long, 5-second sip from the bottle. I will also play a little game that if I even think about water or think about being thirsty, I'll take a 5-second sip from the bottle. 

It also helps to have water with every meal, and to add more hydrating foods into your meals. I've also heard there are apps out there like Plant Nanny, which help you track how much water you consume in a fun way.

User Profile: Empathniyah
Empathniyah May 20th, 2025

@IrissV setting a timer on your phone or any device can be helpful as a friendly reminder and you also can jazz it up water doesn't have to be plain all the time add some fruits inside to make flavored water also can be refreshing .

User Profile: AbigailListener7Cups
AbigailListener7Cups May 20th, 2025

having something with a straw really helps me

User Profile: affectionateShade7072
affectionateShade7072 May 25th, 2025

@IrissV Try flavoured water. 

User Profile: HappySpecter
HappySpecter May 27th, 2025

Oh! I just remembered this video of an ADHD content creator who struggles with hydrating, and maybe what they do could help someone.

They have a glass sitting on the counter in the kitchen in a prominent place. Every time they see the glass, they try to drink at least half of it. They just continue filling it up throughout the day, and because they spend a lot of time in the kitchen, it hydrated them fairly well!