Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Whats Your "HEALTHIER" or Favorite Holiday Dish!?

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean November 22nd, 2017

HEY THERE EVERYONE!..

SO in honor of the "THANKSGIVING" Holiday thats celebrated this week in the U.S. as well as "CUPSGIVING", I thought we could share some "Healthier" choices or options (or Food Swaps) that you might be making, eating or Sharing this Holiday!...

6
User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP November 22nd, 2017

So ...this recipe here is more of a "Desert" option for "After" the Feast!.... I personally LOVE "Pumpkin", and I'm always making Pumpkin Muffins during the Fall Season..... This recipe here is one that I just recently found that is reeaally yummy (especially if you like Pumpkin as much as I do) wink P.S..... Technically this recipe only calls for or uses THREE ingredients!.. Pumpkin, Cake Mix, and Caramel! (You can add toppings or additionals as you please)

PUMPKIN SPICE "Poke Cake":

gallery-1503092694-delish-pumpkin-spice-poke-cake-pinterest-still004.jpg

TOTAL TIME: 0:45 .... PREP: 0:15.... LEVEL: EASY.... SERVES: 12

INGREDIENTS

1 box vanilla cake mix (Can use Sugar Free)

15-oz. can pumpkin puree

10-oz. jar caramel (Can use Sugar Free)

8-oz. container Cool Whip (Can use Low Fat, Non-Fat, or skip altogether)

Pumpkin pie spice, for garnish

1/4 c. toasted chopped pecans (Can use Pecans or Walnuts...or Skip if you if have any food allergies)

DIRECTIONS

1) Preheat oven to 350 and line a 9"-x-13 pan with parchment.

2) In a large bowl, combine cake mix and pumpkin puree and whisk until smooth. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean, 27 to 30 minutes. Let cake cool completely.

3) Using the back of a wooden spoon, poke holes all over surface of the cake. Pour caramel to fill holes.

4) Spread Cool Whip all over the top of cake, then sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice and drizzle with more caramel. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.

5) Cut into squares and serve.

User Profile: vivelespatates
vivelespatates December 2nd, 2017

anything that contains potatoes and i am happy

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean OP December 7th, 2017

For those "SWEET TOOTH" People out there.. Who just have to have their "Holiday Chocolate" here are some Healthier benefits to choosing "Dark" Chocolate!

RO8sTO1.jpg

User Profile: kairemets
kairemets December 12th, 2017

This may sound extra, but I am thinking of just eating beautifully colored orange organic carrots for my dessert. I ate them today and felt so good. Till I ate olives which I meant to be healthy but one keyword - SALT!! But oh well, hopefully now I am again richer in and from this direct experience.

User Profile: MistyMagic
MistyMagic December 20th, 2017

@kairemets

I love olives too and I have found a more natural brand that uses far less salt, or you can rinse the olives and chop them finely to get the full flavour and less salt :)

User Profile: kairemets
kairemets December 20th, 2017

@MistyMagic Yeah man, gotta find a more natural brand too :)

load more
load more