Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Those who sleep as soon as they lie down...what’s your secret??

User Profile: confusefornow
confusefornow April 13th, 2025


sleep-as-soon-as-they-lie_1744533016.jpeg

If sleep has been tough....try slowing down a bit before bed. put the phone away, breathe deep, maybe read a little or play soft music. a calm mind sleeps better...💤


15
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou April 13th, 2025

@confusefornow it's a super power I'd like too lol! 

User Profile: Questionnaireman
Questionnaireman April 13th, 2025

My mom does this! I have no idea lol. It's like the bed is a separate place from the world where if you touch it you just pass out.

User Profile: BlueDarkAurora
BlueDarkAurora April 13th, 2025

@confusefornow Pick something boring to read or study ^^'

bts-jungkook.gif

User Profile: StabilityInVulnerability
StabilityInVulnerability April 13th, 2025

Meds

User Profile: scarbstar
scarbstar April 13th, 2025

MEDITATION while laying down. Even a 5 minute one will work. 

User Profile: jacek73
jacek73 April 14th, 2025

Living an active life, taking on many responsibilities and being permanently exhausted.

Not overthinking it.

Working shifts, with no fixed work hours.

Sleeping less than 7 hours a day.

Going to bed late, if possible.

Accepting one sleepless night a month, if your body says so.

Watching a movie with a slow-pacing story (most Hollywood movies of 1940s thru early 1970s will do 😉).

Reading a boring book (the more academic the better).

Eating light supper, avoiding watching any news or empty scrolling of YT or TT.

Sleeping next to a partner, if possible, a little child or an animal (the warmth of another body and the white noise of somebody's deep breath are highly infectious 😉).

If nothing else helps, taking sleep supplements, like 5-HTP - though some doctors claim they shouldn't work.

Accepting the fact that daily schedules don't have to be perfect (writing these words being awaken from a nightmare - either my mom's heavy dinner, or the "eco" bread I bought 😉).

User Profile: StrawberryHufflepuff
StrawberryHufflepuff April 17th, 2025

I suffer from insomnia on and off, but I have found that the days I eat lots of veggies and have exercised (walked at least 10,000 steps or have gone to the gym), I sleep like a baby!

User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 April 17th, 2025

@confusefornow  I never used to, but I sleep pretty well now😁💖 I made a playlist of soothing music I always play fall asleep to I find focusing on just listening to the music stops all other thoughts that keep you awake💖

but I also take sleeping meds, and I'm in constant pain throughout the day which is just exhausting.

User Profile: YorubaAngel
YorubaAngel April 18th, 2025

@confusefornow so true

User Profile: ace200413
ace200413 April 28th, 2025

@confusefornow