New to The Hobby Zone Community in February 2021? Whats your favorite Hobby?

Welcome Everyone! Lets say hello and meet others that joined this month!
Questions
1. What is your favorite Hobby?
2. Why do you like it?
3. How long have you done it?
Hobby Zone Forum areas:
🎵 Music
🎬 Movies and TV
🎮 Gaming
⭐ Anime & Manga
📖 Reading
✍ Writing
🐶 Pets
👗 Cosplay
💻 Graphic Design & Online Media
🎈 Fun and Relaxation
🎉 Fun Things to Participate In
🎂 Cooking, Baking & Eating
📸 Photography
🎨 Arts & Crafts
❓ Would you Rather?
🏈 Sports
🥇 Acheivements
❗ Quote of the day
💻 Internet Inspirations
💎 Collecting
🚢 Traveling
🏓 Therapeutic hobbies
⛺ Outdoor
@Power
1. What is your favorite Hobby? Playing the violin.
2. Why do you like it? I like it because I enjoy listening to myself play, I find classical music very relaxing.
3. How long have you done it? 2 years now, I challenge myself to learn hard pieces I am currently learning a simple piece called "Merry Go Round" from Howls Moving Castle.
@peachyseal
woo hoo and *high fives* on playing the violin!
I played 3 intruments quite a while back but I have to say, violin was my favorite! Oddly enough, it was the instrument I was least successful at! I didn't give it enough time, I guess life kind of got away from me. I'm so glad you are making time for it! I thought it was amazing to hold that instrument in my hand and have the power to create, to hear any type of sound I wanted at the moment. I still love music and music for me is a beautiful thing. Even hearing the violin, is still my very most favorite sound to hear in a piece of work.
I love hearing Boyd from the Dave Matthews band really going at it. It's nice to see the violin represented in that type of music also
I like Ashley McIassac (sp)? especially "McDougals Pride"
The "Hopac Dance" if done a certain way is a personal favorite also. Just can't recall the specific artist at the moment
Allison Krauss I like as well
If you have any favorites, I'd love to listen to them 
![]()

1. Gaming and cooking 2. I like gaming because it offers me an escape from reality. I like cooking because it is always exciting to see how a new recipe will turn out. Cooking a new recipe feels the same to me as ordering a new food from a menu at a restaurant, just with more creative value. 3. I’ve been gaming since I’ve been probably 8 years old - so 19 years, and cooking since I’ve been about 14 - so 13 years.
@QK93
*high fives* on the cooking!
I love how you feel about it! Gaming is great! I have gamers in my life that seem to be quite good ( I'm not, at all, but at least I've given them a few laughs when I made the attempt)
@Power
Hello. I'm Stormy. Thanks to MistyMagic for telling me about this zone!
Questions
1. What is your favorite Hobby? I repurpose things. I love making pictures out of old jewelry.
2. Why do you like it? I like it because the pictures are beautiful and interesting. They have special embellishments such as butterflies, flowers, leaves, and all kinds of things. It is so awesome when the picture starts to shine.
3. How long have you done it? I've been doing this for 7 or 8 years now.
@StormyTimes
That sounds like an amazing hobby!
I like repurposing things too though. The whole, reduce, reuse, recycle concept. I've found great things or been given great things that I spent the time to "rehab" and then gave them a place of importance in my home!
Hi. I'm Lisa. My new hobby that I'm learning is crotchet. Have tried many times in the past, but this time I am going to stick to it. Never got farther than a single chain. Im on row 5! But my favorite hobby is probably 8ball pool on my phone.
My favorite hobby is gaming. I like gaming because it's my way to escape from reality and also a really fun form of entertainment. I've been gaming for a very long time.
Knitting is my favorite hobby and I have done it for maybe five or sixish years now??
I like knitting because I like the feel of yarn sliding through my fingers. I like seeing the colors and the stitches add up to a pattern. It also gives a feeling of achievement. I like the feel of moving my hands and fingers for knitting. I like learning new things which there always is in knitting. I like that it gives me a connection to the past. It is a centering and calming activity once you know how to do it! lol I also enjoy shopping and shopping for yarn is a luxurious shopping experience with all of the colors, textures and brands. I also love studying different kinds of wool and fibers as well as the work behind it as I used to go to a craft college where I studied knitting on a knitting machine, weaving, natural dyes and spinning wool. It's an endless world to discover and being curious by nature I love to discover, explore and learn. Knitting I believe or working with fibers changes how a person thinks. To appreciate the experience of having patience and working diligently to achieve what you have set out to do. To humbly observe the detailed work that has gone into many works all over the world from every country in history as well as modern craft entrepreneurs. Knitting is one way to teach people who to appreciate beauty and pay attention to the details, to care about the quality of their work and bringing your best self forward into the work.
OK I can't pick ONE! My other favorite hobby is reading. I have been reading all my life and again with knitting it is an endless supplu of learning, exploration and discovery. From books I can understand people from all over the world. I can empathize. I can create a bigger picture of awareness. I can reflect on my own personal experiences through reading of a characters. I again can feel a connection to the past linked with the present by reading classics that clearly say things that are just as true today as they were a century or more ago no matter how much has changed. I also love to hunt for books and love finding new ones by watching booktubers on youtube discuss their book hauls or do book reviews. On days when I'm lowest of mood and energy where I can't focus so well on finding a pattern to knit with the yarn I have I can always get into a book or books. And I can have something interesting to focus on that takes me away for a little while to ruminate less. Books give me the feeling of abundance especially after a big book haul at my local library!
@Power
Hi! I'm new to this thread!
My favourite hobby is papercraft! Or in other words paper modelling. It's all about making impressive 3D models/sculptures using paper, scissors and some glue. I started papercraft about two months ago, and I love it! I'm currently working on a life-sized (175 cm tall) princess Zelda from The Legend Of Zelda :)) I'm also going to learn computer 3D modelling, in order to boost my papercraft skills!
@Power
Questions
1. What is your favorite Hobby?
My favorite hobby is reading educational nonfiction
2. Why do you like it?
Because I love to learn!
3. How long have you done it?
My whole life!
1. My favourite hobby is playing guitar. 2. I like it because I find it comforting and relaxing and I love making and playing music. 3. I have done it for 15 years
@Power
I want a CNC router so bad! They are so expensive! We make foam decorations.