Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What is one hobby you would like to see more people get into?

User Profile: Joyce25
Joyce25 April 10th, 2025

Hello everyone. I am curious about what everyone's hobbies are and what hobbies you would like to see other people be in or what hobbies you think are underrated? 

I am a gamer but I also enjoy collecting things, such as plushies and little nicknacks. I also enjoy reading and listening to music. I was thinking about doing some more things such I have the summer off from university and I want to use this post as inspiration. 

87
User Profile: Shadowlife
Shadowlife April 12th, 2025

Smile

User Profile: energeticCat5515
energeticCat5515 April 12th, 2025

@Joyce25 Skateboarding it's so simple yet really intricate especially with the physics of it check out rodney mullen when you can he invented almost every trick and how he explains it is beautiful 

2 replies
User Profile: Joyce25
Joyce25 OP April 12th, 2025

@energeticCat5515 I've wanted to skate for such a long time but never built up the courage to do, it does seem really simple to do but I am such a wuss. 

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 1st, 2025

I always fall off lol

load more
load more
User Profile: Coquipirate
Coquipirate April 12th, 2025

Alternate History. I love learning about history and a big motivator for research is trying to understand everything else in play so I could make a confident guess on what would happen if a different choice was made, or just people's luck being a little different. "What if"ing and hypotheticals broadly are fun and I wish more people liked it.

2 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 1st, 2025

Have you watched “The Man in the High Castle”?

1 reply
User Profile: Coquipirate
Coquipirate May 1st, 2025

@jesusredeemedme2425 I haven't watched it, but I have read the book! WW2 is a popular point of divergence for Alternate History since the Nazis and Imperial Japan make great bad guys. While the idea of the Axis powers ever being *that* successful seems implausible, the author points out that, to them, our world seems implausible. Something I wish was explored is how the Latter Day Saints would respond to this world, given that the buffer zone between the Nazis and Japanese Empire is mostly inside of the Mormon Corridor.

load more
load more
User Profile: DipityEnigma
DipityEnigma April 14th, 2025

Last year I discovered 'Boxercise.'

Essentially, it's boxing but without the sparring and competitions, which is great for someone such as myself. You're basically training like a boxer, but it's all focused on fitness.

I had to stop in January due to health reasons, but hopefully, once I'm recovered, I'll be able to go back to boxercise perhaps sometime next year. I miss it, truly. Everyone there is so supportive and it's really laid back.

Because you're not actually going into the ring with someone, the group leaders are typically pretty chill and if you let them know of any health concerns prior to starting, they'll do their best to work around you.

If you're considering finding your local boxercise group, I can recommend purchasing wrist and ankle supports and boxing gloves. I ended up purchasing my own as I could buy a more comfortable size. I used to go once a week, so after every session when I arrived home, I would spray the inside of my gloves with antibacterial spray to dry out the sweat and keep them fresh as you cannot wash boxing gloves in the washing machine.

It's a great way to meet new people, keep fit, and learn how to protect yourself without damaging your body.

1 reply
User Profile: Joyce25
Joyce25 OP April 14th, 2025

@DipityEnigma that sounds really interesting. I think it can be a good and fun way to exercise. I definitely don't think I could do boxing and fight people but this could be something that I would enjoy. 

load more
User Profile: SashaBraus140
SashaBraus140 April 14th, 2025

Playing an instrument like the violin, I really see ppl playing it , but believe me, with hard work you may become fluent at it in 2 moth , you just need consistent and hard work

1 reply
User Profile: Joyce25
Joyce25 OP April 14th, 2025

@SashaBraus140 I agree, I enjoyed playing the viola when I did. wish I played it for longer but instruments are really fun. 

load more
User Profile: 52Hertzzz
52Hertzzz April 21st, 2025

@Joyce25

musicals, I can say its really not popular and it's painful when I can only discuss my thoughts with chatgpt after watching🥹
2 replies
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 1st, 2025

Have you ever watched Newsies????

1 reply
User Profile: hellolemon1987
hellolemon1987 May 1st, 2025

Newsies is such a good musical

load more
load more
User Profile: cosmindan08
cosmindan08 April 21st, 2025

I love growing hydroponics microgreens. I eat then daily and would like to grow Kale and Swisschard and purple potatoes some day.

User Profile: peacefulRose1346
peacefulRose1346 May 1st, 2025

Fencing :) @Joyce25

User Profile: resilience2025
resilience2025 May 1st, 2025

@Joyce25

I guess spending time with nature watching butterflies, playing with flowers, observing the clouds move by us! The sky, the moon and the birds! Everything is so awesomely amazing 💞💝about Nature & Mother Earth! 🌎

User Profile: hellolemon1987
hellolemon1987 May 1st, 2025

Newsies is such a good musical

1 reply
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 May 1st, 2025

Right??? The movie version. The Broadway musical STINKS lol. But maybe I just love the movie more lol

load more