Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

User Profile: Hope
Hope August 22nd, 2023

As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?

73
User Profile: smolLITTLEpotato
smolLITTLEpotato September 18th, 2023

A mermaid😅

User Profile: communicativeHouse3309
communicativeHouse3309 September 19th, 2023

@Hope A writer, then a psychologist, then an art teacher, then a musician haha

User Profile: Shyness98
Shyness98 September 19th, 2023

@Hope

I wanted to be a lot of things. I wanted to be a scientist, then a fashion designer, I wanted to own a flower shop and be a writer. I'm still crossing my fingers to be a writer.

User Profile: kawaiCat
kawaiCat September 19th, 2023

@Hope

A teacher. That's what I am learning now :)

User Profile: MoonViber
MoonViber September 19th, 2023

@kawaiCat

All the best! It is a difficult but definitely an amazingly worthwhile career!

load more
User Profile: MoonViber
MoonViber September 19th, 2023

@Hope

I just wanted to be a good person, as I realised it's something extremely difficult but sorely needed in the world...

User Profile: WiseDecisions
WiseDecisions October 14th, 2023

I wanted to work in Information Technology but nowadays I am not as sure since I don't like programming or building networks. There are still many possibilities within things such as IT Support though. It is unclear what the future holds for me. On the positive side: I am now also considering working in Economics, something that I did not consider when I was under the age of 19.

User Profile: crimsonBeach5397
crimsonBeach5397 October 15th, 2023

A teacher and then a singer

User Profile: affectionateCat9553
affectionateCat9553 October 15th, 2023

@Hope

When I was in high school, I decided that I wanted to become a lawyer. I didn't tell anyone which may be one reason I didn't become an attorney. I have always felt that my family is not supportive of my dreams. I didn't share much but they also didn't ask. To this day I sometimes think about how my life would be if I kept the goals I had in the past. I'm fairly happy with my life. I do have some regrets but I sometimes I feel there must be a bigger reason that I did not accomplish some of my main life goals. I am in healthcare it is pretty rewarding. There are a lot of different paths I can take in healthcare. Sometimes I think about becoming a lawyer or a paralegal, but I don't think I will do that.

User Profile: Avocado8028
Avocado8028 October 15th, 2023

@Hope As a child, I didn't want to be anybody. I wa \s a nobody, always was and always will be

User Profile: sweetmikayla
sweetmikayla October 15th, 2023

I wanted to be a teacher because everyone in my family is a teacher. Then I wanted to become a writer, but I was told that almost all writers are crazy or cannot make ends meet with their earnings, so now I just write as a hobby. Then I tried to become a professional translator, but it's a jungle whenever you try to find jobs. Then I had no idea what to do, and was about to become a teacher because there were no other options apparently, but I decided to send my cv to an airline just to see what would happen. And now I've been a flight attendant for 5 years.