There's no safe men's spots, clubs or events.
So after getting into a heated argument with my wife last month she said I never leave the house and do anything.
I mentioned before that I dont have a car ( I do, but its being force lent to someone else so I can't use it)
I got to the gym multiple times a week but there's no one to actually talk to, we're all stuck in our own head.
I've used event bright or *** marketplace but there are no events or groups for us, it's all places for wemon, which is fine I'm not against that.
Just why dont we have our on spot that isn't some sport.
I'm just ranting and feeling alone, unwanted and unloved.
@gentleStrings95
i'm sorry this happened i hope u and your wife are okay now. if u need a safe space to vent you've come to the right place here on 7 cups :)
I completely understand this feeling. Those spaces are few and far between and I often feel discouraged by that too. I guess it really depends where you live. I’m in a pretty big city and there’s book clubs that people hear about through groups that manage parks. I think this would be super enticing for me if I wasn’t already in two books clubs. Some more communal gyms like rock climbing gyms have a better social atmosphere if you’re looking for something like that(but those gyms are expensive). Theres trivia nights that people go at some small bars nearby that everyone is very social and friendly with each other at despite being total strangers. I know these might not be available to you and they can be tricky to find let alone attend, but I mostly want to say I see your feeling of community being absent. I agree with you. We do live in a time where community is hard to come by and for men I think that struggle is amplified for all sorts of reasons. Look around your area and see if there’s something for you
I get it
I work from home and do go places outside of work but no where I can talk to anyone.
I am sure there are mens groups and things like that but I also need to be careful my wife does not question what I am doing to then see me as weak reaching out for help.
@JG1995
I feel the biggest mistake i have made in recent months is sharing my feelings with my wife; i 100% hear you. They preach and post about mental health but its not for us, the second you let your guard down they are on the attack.
I dont know why, they dont do it on purpose and i dont think they know they are doing it.
But its better to be silent than berated.
I hear you, i also WFH. Ive managed to find a few board game nights that get me out of the house and i go to the gym and walk regularly but those are solo events.
I looked at trying to join a legion for dart league or something but i'm not that old yet, they are a different crowd than me.
if you ever need to chat while WFH, hit me up. hope you find something local.
Thanks
I have a local club I go to but nowhere to talk about stuff like why does my wife act repulsed by me thats even hard to tell friends when we look like the perfect couple