Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

calling all band kids and former band kids!

User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle September 3rd, 2023

name your instrument (s) and your favorite song youve played!

for me, im a clarinet and its definitley gotta be fireball! by brian beck.

25
User Profile: Mahad2804
Mahad2804 September 3rd, 2023

Ooh this is such a cool idea @doomsdaysouffle

✋ *raises my hand*

I played the saxophone 🎷 for 3 years in my school band and that was soooo much fun. My favorite song used to be 🎵 My Heart Will Go On by Celine Dion 🎵

After that, I had to switch schools though, and haven't had a chance to play since.

Regardless, would love to do it again. Sweet memories <3

🎷🎶🎵🎷🎶🎷

User Profile: Plantsaremybestfriends
Plantsaremybestfriends September 4th, 2023

I'm not technically a band kid but... I play violin! My favorite song I've played is probably The Hebrides Overture by Felix Mendelssohn.

2 replies
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@Plantsaremybestfriends

What do you think of this song?

Duel of the Fates, from Star Wars by The London Symphony Orchestra 

https://youtu.be/D_2bluVPsb0?si=DNp-Xmoy_owlZ43o

User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@Plantsaremybestfriends

I looked up and am listening to that song now. Holy it's majestic.

hq2_1700585657.jpg

load more
User Profile: AvyIsKing
AvyIsKing November 20th, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

Clarinet (current, 7 years)

Trumpet (current, 1 year)

Bass clarinet (past, 1 year) 

Acoustic guitar (current, 6 months)

Saxophone (past)

Piano (past/getting back into it)

my favorite song I've ever played has to be either In the hall of the mountain king, or a phantom of the opera medly. 

I've played literally everything at this point 😅

2 replies
User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle OP November 20th, 2023

@AvyIsKing lets gooo another clarinet and trumpet playerrr! i got called a traitor by my section when i said i played trumpet aswell lol

1 reply
User Profile: AvyIsKing
AvyIsKing November 20th, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

for reallll!! And most clarinetists i know are like they don't care its a good instrument to fade in the background with

no its my entire personality

load more
load more
User Profile: AvyIsKing
AvyIsKing November 20th, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

Also the "im a clarinet" not "I play clarinet" is so true. I'm more instrument then I am person 😂

2 replies
User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle OP November 20th, 2023

@AvyIsKing yes. i am a clarinet. my user forgets to clean me pls send help.

1 reply
User Profile: AvyIsKing
AvyIsKing November 20th, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

id send help but my user still never wiped all their spit out after the concert 😭

load more
load more
User Profile: StarrySkies1236
StarrySkies1236 November 20th, 2023

I’m a flute :) and chasing sunlight by cait nishimura.

2 replies
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@StarrySkies1236

Listening now! It seems like such a good Xmas song 😁

1 reply
User Profile: StarrySkies1236
StarrySkies1236 November 21st, 2023

I play through it sometimes along to the recording and I can play several different parts because I have the sheet music :). It’s really nice with a substantial group of instruments. We had chimes, a bassoon, a tuba, timpani, and some other more basic ones.

load more
load more
User Profile: yourmidastouchonthechevydoor
yourmidastouchonthechevydoor November 21st, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle ik Orchestra doesn't count, but still, I played Viola for a year before my school got rid of the Orchestra class, my favorite song I’ve played is Dragonhunter by Richard Meyer! 2 years later I still remember it and sometimes pretend to play it haha

2 replies
User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle OP November 21st, 2023

@yourmidastouchonthechevydoor nah orchestra definitely counts! and i love your username lol.

1 reply
User Profile: yourmidastouchonthechevydoor
yourmidastouchonthechevydoor November 21st, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle hahaha thank you!

load more
load more
User Profile: Emilyisme123
Emilyisme123 November 21st, 2023

Hi, 

I currently am in two bands (both Jazz), and I play piano, Baritone Saxophone, Alto Saxophone, Clarinet and Flute. I've been playing for a long time and absolutely love jazz. (Mostly piano - cause I get to do cool jazzy solos and improv). The best song I've done would probably by on Piano and be a lead of Sonnymoon for Two - Sonny Rollins. 

1 reply
User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle OP November 21st, 2023

@Emilyisme123 ive always wanted to play alto! and i think ive heard of that song before. im gonna go listen to it.

load more
User Profile: Emilyisme123
Emilyisme123 November 21st, 2023

Hi,

I currently am in two bands(both jazz), and am playing piano, Baritone Saxophone, Alto Saxaphone, clarinet and flute. and the best song for me would be on piano and Sonnymoon for Two by Sonny Rollins cause I get to do allot of jazzy improv.

User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

Hey, I was on tenor sax and drums.

I can't recall my favourite song...that's a good question and I'll try remember.

All that's coming to mind are brief moments like messing up my drum bit during a performance (EMOTIONAL DAMAGE.) EW I just remembered spit valves, and tbh I don't think I can remember any of the songs we played; it was half a lifetime ago. 


Did some digging and one song we played was Duel of the Fates. 

https://youtu.be/D_2bluVPsb0?si=DNp-Xmoy_owlZ43o

God that song hits different now...

3 replies
User Profile: doomsdaysouffle
doomsdaysouffle OP November 21st, 2023

@communicativePond1728 im gonna convince my band directors to play this somehow

1 reply
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

@doomsdaysouffle

How sick would it be to get a choir involved too? Chills 😻✨

load more
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

I also have played guitar, piano and played around with a lot of other instruments.

load more
User Profile: communicativePond1728
communicativePond1728 November 21st, 2023

Anyone seen Tàr? Thoughts?

Preview here if interested 

https://youtu.be/Na6gA1RehsU?si=1jfs15NqoqOXVGot