Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

7 Cups has helped me reach [you fill in here] personal growth moment!

User Profile: Laura
Laura July 6th, 2016

Share your personal growth moment with the community

Earn the 3rd birthday Milestone badge for sharing!!

192
User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS July 7th, 2016

& cups has helped me understand the true imporatance of self care!

User Profile: ArwaS
ArwaS July 7th, 2016

7 cupsies has taught me many many things the one thing that stands out the most is that its okay to be yourself ! You are accepted here for whoever you are,no matter you religion race culture gender or sexuality we are all accepted and supported just the same <3 !! You can express yourself in any way without the fear of being judged <3 You are you and that's what makes you special unique and incredibubble

User Profile: HopeAlways16
HopeAlways16 July 7th, 2016

7 Cups has taught me that I'm always stronger than I think and that I can never be too tired to help another person because words 'Thank you' at the end of every conversation I have ever had have helped me realize that we here, as a little family, actually can make the world a little bit better place. smileyheart

User Profile: Aryore
Aryore July 7th, 2016

I have learned to never give up, push past that awkward point in the chat because so often it becomes a turning point where the whole chat turns around, and you end up being able to help even though at first you felt like you couldn't support the member :)

User Profile: Unicornriley
Unicornriley July 7th, 2016

7cups has helped me help others and better myself along the way :)

User Profile: blueTown8541
blueTown8541 July 7th, 2016

For showing me I wasn't crazy.

User Profile: Mokie
Mokie July 7th, 2016

@Laura

Birthday Milestone:- In 3 months I will have been two years! TWO YEARS! When I first started I didn't think I would be able to cut it. I thought I wouldn't be good enough to help anyone and that I would say the wrong thing and make people feel worse at a time they were at their most vulnerable. Here I am, almost two years later, and I am not only a Listener, but looking at the reviews people leave me, a dang good'un. I have also dedicated time to being Peer Support, Disability Support, Group Moderator, Appreciation Team, Internship, and have applied for so much more! I cannot imagine my days without my time here at 7 Cups and all the wonderful people I speak to.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY 7 CUPS!!! HERE'S TO MANY MANY MORE YEARS!!!!

Mokie <3

copy and pasted as originally posted in the wrong place lol

User Profile: Stellis
Stellis July 7th, 2016

7 Cups has helped me grow personally as I've learned to TRULY listen to others and it's helped me have a better focus that there are others out there like me who are struggling and who have bad days and rough days and it's helped me put into perspective that I'm not alone and that we're put on this earth to help people. That sounds kind of cheesy I know but it truly hits home that we're here to help people and help others and that just really helps me grow as a person.

User Profile: Celaeno
Celaeno July 7th, 2016

I stumbled upon 7 Cups during an agonizingly painful time in my life and this community quickly become my safehouse. I managed to find the courage to talk with a few listeners about my struggle and I received only the kindest support and understanding. I was never honest about my feelings with anyone, always hiding it with jokes or anger, pretending to be an invincible machine, so I was quite baffled that no one judged me. It prompted me to write my first forum post, "Things no one told me about depression", which was quite a personal breakthrough, after years of bottling up my weaknesses and fears.

I was astonished by the flood of responses, by the number of stories from other members who have been fighting the same war with their brains. It was a pretty emotional experience for me, after weeks of hiding in the room, trying to survive every day and not to drown in sorrow. The support I received gave me strength and hope to keep going, and also to continue to be vocal about my own experiences.

Thanks to this community I've started to learn how to ask for help when in need, how to find the strength in one's vulnerabilty, and how to be open with the topic of mental health in general. 7 Cups granted me voice and I will always be grateful for that.

User Profile: AutumnLeigh
AutumnLeigh July 7th, 2016

As part of 'Where We Are Now' on day 2 of #7cupsbday I simply must say:

7 Cups is now a major support group and I have learned that being part of this ever-growing group has helped me be where I am today; a more positive and empathetic person! heart