Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Happy Volunteer Day 2021!

User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie December 5th, 2021

From Team Lightship to all fellow Cuppers,

Happy Volunteer Day!


_1638674343.png_20211204_012028_0000.png


🐬 What makes you volunteer to be there for others?

🐬 Feel free to tag more compassionate people to celebrate the day 💙


Thank you!




Team Lightship goes the extra mile to help people who need emotional support, find 7 Cups Community as well as spread hope, positivity and combat mental health stigma on Twitter.

If you're interested in joining the team, please check more info click-here or PM any of us: @LyricalAngel70 @DreamTouch or me. Listeners and Members, Adults and Teens, all are welcome 💜



cc: @Heather225 @SoulfullyAButterfly @Azuladragon34 @LyricalAngel @optimisticmagic0014 @Caringhope1976 @YellowRose27 @Ashvillium @HealTheHealer @Raiyan03 @SnailPurple @Fristo @pamharley003 @drearienne @hopedreamlove @Sara2580 @robynlouise @JustLikeMellie @BeautifulSun298501 @brightWindow2311 @textingpals @iwishuwell @Darius08 @shraddhasom72 @AriadneLove

40
December 6th, 2021

@ouiCherie

Happy Volunteering Day to everyone reading this 🧡

Idk. Just feels like the thing to do. Something inside keeps bringing the feeling back.

In fact, just the other day my frd said, "you keep trying to inspire me and keep giving me healthy tips, all the while knowing that I won't follow them. What makes you still do it?"
And I could not come up with an elaborate answer then, but I think I feel that we all must try to be the best version of ourselves. And if there's any way I can help with that, then I will.

Tagging: @ouicherie (for sure), @Fristo, @sunisshiningandsoareyou @lueurspace @amazingnutella24

4 replies
User Profile: lueurspace
lueurspace December 6th, 2021

@DonaldDraper thank you for tagging me Don! ❤️ I really love your answer.

🐬 What makes you volunteer to be there for others?

That's such a nice question! I believe it is good to know the why of our intent to volunteer at this site. The main reason is, I like the satisfaction of having meant something to someone for a very brief period of time. It's really crazy how simple it can be to listen to someone but the consequence of it actually brightens up someone's day or make them feel better than they did initially. Now, I am studying to be a Clinical Psychologist but the more I study the theory, the more I realize how simple just an act of listening can be. I may not be able to solve someone's problems, not be a substitute of a therapist, but for the briefest of moments, I can be a source of comfort, a friendly ear that can listen to their discomfort and perhaps, make them feel seen and acknowledged. It is not just the satisfaction I get from having helped someone, I believe it is knowing how beautiful the feeling is to make a stranger feel less like one and more like a friend. I think we owe it to each other to be kind :)


The point is, people improve when they get external love and support. How can we hold it against them when they don't?

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 6th, 2021

Aw that's really sweeet Donzieee ! Thanks for tagging me ❤ @DonaldDraper

User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie OP December 6th, 2021

Thanks for the tag @DonaldDraper yby? xD



I'm volunteering because helping is one of my core values. And particularly here, because I know what it feels like to keep difficult things to myself. 💜

1 reply
User Profile: amazingNutella24
amazingNutella24 December 7th, 2021

@ouiCherie

Ah, I love how you've tried to understand this through yourself 💜 Sure is a great thought, Cherie! Lovely answer and thanks a lot for starting this thread! I read through all the answers here, and it's so heartwarming!

load more
load more
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou December 6th, 2021

Thankyou for this fantabulous post, @ouiCherie ❤

Any day spent volunteering is a happy one, specially when it comes to volunteering in 7 cups ❤ soooo Happy Everyday to all volunteers!

🐬 What makes you volunteer to be there for others?

I think somethings just come naturally/ easily than others , for me it is being there for and being there with people , Andddd now realizing it creates an impact, it has potential to make someone feel less alone and more cared for and loved ~ (nike) just do it :p . 🤗

🐬 Feel free to tag more compassionate people to celebrate the day 💙

These dolphins remind me of you, @richuyulin ( no pressure to answer hehe, just sending hugs ❤ )

User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie OP December 6th, 2021

@Brittney1019 @MoonChild1206 @Tinyphilosopher @GoldenNest2727 @Derekfan7695 @RideaRainbow @optimisticMagic0014 @bluePond2373 @Feelicity08 @Saifelhak74 @royalMoon02 @pamharley003 @Bre4Me @JusticiaPrimalDorogo @MoonLightShadow423 @DA5ht @soulsings @SisiRomo1996 @SnailPurple @xandia @DonaldDraper @lueurspace @Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, earth angels!
I read all the answers, and my heart swells with gratitude 🙏

Despite all individual challenges, you still give your time and space in your hearts to be there and give hope for others. It is the manifestation of a grateful heart.


I hope you too have adequate supports you need 💞🤗

2 replies
User Profile: GoldenNest2727
GoldenNest2727 December 6th, 2021

@ouiCherie

I really dig the graphic you used to highlight your post. It's a good one. Very inspiring!

1 reply
User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie OP December 7th, 2021

@GoldenNest2727

Glad you like it 😊🙏

So, did you find any trick used on the graphic? 🙃

And I kinda like asymmetrical balance on design. What about you?

load more
load more
User Profile: adventurousBranch3786
adventurousBranch3786 December 6th, 2021

@ouiCherie. I have found that while volunteering to help others it actually helps me also!

1 reply
User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie OP December 6th, 2021

@adventurousBranch3786

Solid point Branch 💜

load more
User Profile: YellowRose27
YellowRose27 December 6th, 2021

@ouiCherie Thank you for the post.🤝

💐 Happy Volunteer Day 💐

I understand how it’s hard for so many to reach out and ask for help or support or just to open up and share. I like how this platform makes it all a bit easier and I like being one among many here to give them that safe space and listen to what they’ve got to share and support them the best I can.


Tagging : @GoldenRuleJG @Rosesblue @WhiteRoses25 @miraculousSoul53

User Profile: amazingNutella24
amazingNutella24 December 7th, 2021

@MoonChild1206

Moon, that's really so sweet of you! And I hear you, it's such a good feeling to know that we're there for at least someone to lean on when they probably needed it the most 💜 Loved your answer and thanks a lot for the tag!

@DonaldDraper

Don, thanks a lot for tagging me! 💜 "I feel that we all must try to be the best version of ourselves. And if there's any way I can help with that, then I will" - And that totally left me speechless. I really admire your way around things 💜

As for me, I think it comes down to giving back. I meet a lot of people doing their best to help others, the folks of our amazing community for example. And along with that, I do believe this is my way of showing gratitude, for at the end of the day, after all hardships, it's still the world that gave me the chance to be where I stand now. And I think the least I can do is by giving back a small fraction to it, which is within my capacities 💜

Tagging some amazing people: @Bubblegumwings1234 @azuladragon34 @JustOneMoreEpisode @cheerfulIceCream @Fristo