Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

It hurts my feelings when you.... [finish this sentence]

User Profile: Laura
Laura June 29th, 2016

Please get it off your chest!

1598
User Profile: intelligentLion3553
intelligentLion3553 September 7th, 2016

Tell me what I'm trying to say, it means you're not listening to me.

User Profile: Silvertongue
Silvertongue September 7th, 2016

It hurts my feelings when I trust you with my inner thoughts - all my fears and worries, my doubt, my grief - and you tell me to 'just suck it up'.

September 7th, 2016

It hurts my feelings when you invalidate me, shame me, and belittle me. I've stood up for you my entire life, a child making up excuses for their parent's ill-behaviour. I convinced myself what you had done to me was normal, isolating me, bullying me, "teaching" me. As an adult I wish I had realized the problems I so clearly see now. You need help.

And despite how you treat me and talk to-and-about me

It hurts my feelings that you can still sit there and tell me that my birth was a mistake

while I sit here and hold you and keep telling you I forgive you.

User Profile: redbunnyeyes
redbunnyeyes September 7th, 2016

@Laura It hurts my feelings when you react aggressively to everything i tell you, from the tiniest incident to trying to express my feelings. It hurts my feelings when you tell me i suck. It hurts my feelings when you dont understand, then pretend to and in the end mess me up even more. It hurts my feelings when you don't take my feelings seriously.

User Profile: EllieKB
EllieKB September 7th, 2016

it hurts my feelings when you act like you didn't hear what i said

User Profile: ScarsandPoetry
ScarsandPoetry September 7th, 2016

It hurts my feelings when you don't take my triggers seriously....

User Profile: cyanPlatypus6370
cyanPlatypus6370 September 7th, 2016

It hurts my feelings when ...

when you talk about me as if I'm not here, or ignore me completely.

when you insult my intelligence, when you should be looking at my brain chemistry (aka mental state).

.......

but you'll probably never read this, other 7cups member(s), so that's why I can put it here.

Thank you, @Laura @lara @Heather

User Profile: Bahamabreezy
Bahamabreezy September 7th, 2016

... Tell me you'll never leave me and then you do.

User Profile: SadBlueEyes
SadBlueEyes September 7th, 2016

@Laura it hurts my feelings when i text you and you dont answer unless it is convient for you all i have ever done is love you and you claim to love me too

User Profile: Michael5282
Michael5282 September 7th, 2016

Lie to me.