Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: gibberishgiraffe77
gibberishgiraffe77 June 6th, 2019

One of the biggest struggles I face with my mental health is that I have had severe depression since like November or December (6 or 7 months now). I have had it my whole life and it comes and goes. I just feel so touchy, over the edge, like going off every day, and I just feel like so many things set me off! Also, it causes me to lack motivation a lot! I have trouble working up motivation to do the things I once enjoyed so much and am passionate about, such as reading and coloring. However, on a positive note, I have been reading a little bit more this week and when I get off of the computer in a few mins, I plan to do some coloring! I am going to work on this umbrella coloring page I have been working on since April and maybe this sea creatures one I have been working on since February!

User Profile: Butterflee
Butterflee June 8th, 2019

I cannot get out of major depression...simple as that...

User Profile: tluper6491
tluper6491 June 9th, 2019

I'm hopeless and alone.

User Profile: pamharley003
pamharley003 June 9th, 2019

My biggest thing is needing to work on my self worth or self esteem. I have always been low thinking I am not good for anyone

User Profile: BOBTHEFLOW365
BOBTHEFLOW365 June 22nd, 2019

Sometimes I have been made fun from some people and some of them haven't taken my depression seriously. For example, some of them had said that since I had been thinking about deep thoughts inside my head and that I had been "showing off", I was trying to get attention.

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP June 22nd, 2019

@BOBTHEFLOW365 It is sad to see that how people judge. It is really a struggle for us. However, we are here with you Bob to listen and support. We are glad you are here with us.

load more
User Profile: ImprovingPanda
ImprovingPanda June 22nd, 2019

A big struggle for my mental health is that no one takes me seriously. People tell me I just want to be "sad for no reason", or I'm just doing it for attention, or I'm just acting dumb. It just depresses me even more. I can't go to my family for anything and my friends don't care. So I just feel alone a lot.

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver OP June 22nd, 2019

@BriBri718 I can feel you Bri. We are here with you to listen and support. Please feel free to connect and discuss your emotions and experiences with us. heart

load more
User Profile: SaleemF
SaleemF July 7th, 2019

My imagination gets the best of me constantly and it's exhausting. What makes it tiring is that I've relied on my huge imagination to make my life more interesting and entertaining through my dull surroundings since childhood all the way into my adult years, so I'd never want to just sideline it completely. Unfortunately, it's also a bit of a curst as problems become BIGGER problems in my mind because of it. This is what I've always struggled with to this day. How does one battle the thing that also helps them significantly. Finding such a balance feels impossible at times....but I do try and ask God to help in these moments. This is not something that I can overcome on my own.