Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One biggest struggle you face with your mental health

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 4th, 2019

We are in the month of Mental Health Awareness.

What is the one biggest struggle you face with your mental health?

Share in the comments!

❑ Join us and take a minute to introduce and tell about your relationships experiences here

❑ If you like to get update and alert for what's happening in the community, add your name here

❑ Also, if you have a passion for supporting people with relationship concerns, see if this is your opportunity, click here

195
User Profile: Midnightoddities
Midnightoddities May 5th, 2019

The biggest struggle I personally have with mental illness is accepting that I have one. I mean, it's hard to accept that I'll always be a little "different" than everyone else and it hurts. It's hard for my family, friends, even my care providers to understand why I act the way I do. I am still working on understanding and accepting my mental illnesses.

User Profile: SourCake
SourCake May 5th, 2019

I struggle with self- acceptance. I've been dealing with depression and PTSD for a few years now and I havnt shared it with my work, family or friends. I have a hard time accepting it and tend to isolate myself. As a result, I'm alone most times and my relationships with my friends and work suffers.

I struggle a lot with reaching out and talking about my mental health. It's hard for me to accept when I need help and that my problems need help.

User Profile: passionatePapaya9672
passionatePapaya9672 May 5th, 2019

I have really bad anxiety and its really hard sometimes. It got really bad when my moms cousin was over and she got a phone call. I heard her start crying but i though she was laughing cause i couldnt see her face cause we were in seprate rooms so i laughed along. I soon realized she was crying and the phone call she had gotten was informing her of her fathers death. Now i can not stand the sound of my mom laughing when im not there to see her face and every time she does i freeze up and i feel this heaviness on my chest cause my grandma is old and sick. Its really hard cause my mom laughs a lot, she is such a happy person

1 reply

@passionatePapaiya9672 it's hard and when your mom is crying she needs you to be by her side and just help her through this I am so very sorry for your lost 🙏💔

load more
User Profile: UnknownUnknown2
UnknownUnknown2 May 5th, 2019

Nothing to hard for God!

User Profile: plumBeechwood7549
plumBeechwood7549 May 5th, 2019

Guilt, for anything and everything! There are times I feel guilty for even sleeping an extra hour, like I don't deserve it. It's very difficult to do or say something I like without having a knot in my stomach, like it is just wrong.

User Profile: Bellipotent
Bellipotent May 5th, 2019

I see my insecurities as more powerful than my strengths...

User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 5th, 2019

How do you deal with regret?

2 replies
User Profile: Nhisgrace
Nhisgrace May 6th, 2019

@GoldenChance

Living with regret can become self imprisonment. I have struggled with regret for many years. My faith in God has helped. There are many promises in His word that assure me that I am forgiven. Our past does not have to define our future. I came to realize that forgiveness was necessary in dealing with regret, guilt and shame from my past. past. Forgiving ourselves and those we feel caused us to say or do those things is the first step. God extends unconditional Grace to us everyday. His grace is not just for getting us to heaven; it is for getting us through life. The past is done. Dwelling on what we wish we would have done differently will not change what has been done. Using the past as a learning tool for creating a better future will help us to live in hope. When your mind brings up wrongs and failures from your past, respond with thankfullnes that you are no longer that person . If you have regret regarding a damaged relationship, forgive yourself for any offense that you may have committed against that person, forgive them if you feel they have offended you and then ask them for their forgiveness. You are not responsible for how they choose to respond. You are only responsible for how you respond. Guilt and regret are not emotions that are easily surrendered. I have spent most of my life bound by guilt, regret and unforgiveness. My heart became hard and overtaken with bitterness and anger at how my life has turned. It took several years of soul searching before I had enough faith to believe that my past did not have to dictate my future. Once I made a sincere decision to walk away from bringing up my pasr and began taking action on that decision my heart began to heal. Life still throws me curve balls that bring discouragement over circumstances that happen. I still mess up. I do and say things today that I regret when tomorrow comes. I try to develop positive ways that I can respond if faced with the circumstance again. Sometimes I am stubborn and hold on to my regret and anger until I am overwhelmed again with bitterness. Overcoming our past is hard. Some days I become mentally exhausted from the battle. I rely on my faith in who God says I am. He says that I am forgiven and made new each morning.

User Profile: bubblyFaith17
bubblyFaith17 May 7th, 2019

@GoldenChance

Right now I'm dealing with regret by expressing my feelings in a more positive and just generally healthy way to the person that I caused pain to. I have been honest and thoughtful regarding my approach as well as not placing blame or speaking in a tone that would come across as accusatory. I have come to a deeper understanding of who I am, where I am going, where I want to be and I've accepted the way things are as best as I can for today. Tomorrow may be different, but for today, I have done well and I am pleased. I'm going to find new ways of self care so that I do not isolate, overthink and undo all the progress that I've made and fall back into the many traps I was snared in, regret being one of those. The closer I get to emotionally healthy freedom, the more strength I am gaining and I've just decided I'm not going down without a fight.

load more
User Profile: sarahray1122
sarahray1122 May 5th, 2019

My biggest struggle seems to be asking for help. I tend to shy away from asking for help due to people in the past reacting very negatively towards me when Ive asked. Just making an account on here took a lot for me as I was really nervous. Im trying to do better though, and Im trying to let people in, instead of bottling everything up.

1 reply
User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 5th, 2019

@sarahray1122

Pay a pro. It's money well spent.

load more
User Profile: GenieD
GenieD May 5th, 2019

My negativity is due to childhood abuse- I am having dificulty leaving it behind me. I am afraid of human relationships and I want to confront the person who did this to me but I can't because she died a few years ago. She may be dead but she has forever harmed my views of life in general.

3 replies
User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 5th, 2019

@GenieD

Rewrite the past. Give the people involved big funny ears and faces.Do this everytime you think of it.

1 reply
User Profile: GoldenChance
GoldenChance May 5th, 2019

@GoldenChance

Make a funny cartoon out of it.

load more
User Profile: Puffahoness
Puffahoness May 6th, 2019

@GenieD

load more