Discussion: What has been the hardest thing you've had to overcome in a relationship?
Hey guys!
This is one of many discussion threads we'll have here in the Relationship Support Community. I ask that the team get involved also!
@BurningEmber @CalmCoach @cristiana33 @NavyLady @tranquilForever68 @countrygirl1231
The Discussion:
What has been the hardest thing you've had to overcome in a relationship?
You can talk about any type of relationship (friends, family etc) in which you've had to overcome a hurdle in your relationship. How did you overcome it? Did the relationship change for the better afterwards?
Being treated like I'm worthless
Broken trust
@SilentSerenityy
Forgive my boyfriend for cheating with his ex for 6 months. It's hard to let go, but I have to because it's the only way we can move on and stay in this relationship. However, I think this fear of being betrayed again has never truly left me. I never trust his word for the first time (e.g. he tells me he's going out with a friend and I tend to question who he's really going out with). I get insecure and triggered really easily, and all of this is just making this relationship harder for both of us. Maybe he has changed, and I can feel that he's trying to prove that to me, but sometimes I just don't think it's enough.
@colourfulBlueberry62
I'm sorry he cheated but you deserve better. Forgiving a cheater often results in them cheating again because they think it's okay to do it and you'll just let them off. Also, it's unfair on you regarding the mental torture of not trusting him again, always wondering if he's cheating again! He has shook and cracked the foundation and the core of your relationship. A person who cheats is someone who doesn't love and respect you. Just something to think about.
@SilentSerenityy I made a stupid mistake and I can't live with it so now I have to break up with him or it's going to ruin me forever. 

@Offmytrack @OneErased @Emirson2018 @SentientiaPoecile @peachkitty @Lexloveslife @AbbyHarris1976 @Mared @aPeacefulafternoon @Summershy @AveryLove @PerpetuallyKekastrophic, @MissDaria18 @OwenJackson73 @AntenorA @Roro36 @Freshmelon54 @lightDrum8955 @LadyInSilence @hereforyoualways123 @SpreadPeaceandlove @conscientiousPineapple1782 @strawberrywillow @Skywalker2002 @Rebekahwriter13 @Oxatnik @Falkenberg @beautifulMemory16 @lavenderOrange4849 @6Dragonflies @nabilah17ism @DanielaC @CarrieHolmes @Sailor57 @Tahja07 @magicalHorizon48 @Arman13 @RoseJuliet @understandingWater785 @Friendlycomfort81 @hopefulPower54 @Asru @CompassionateYoshi88 @ShineWithin @DogFish1 @Katee02 @Floatingbubbles @Brittanny17 @Foreverchangedbyyou @LeoisListening @MyownkindaCrazzi @bunnyhugs616 @stephi0504 @caitlin1217 @Lunaticphilosopher @WunderfrogWeirdo @lightLemonIsaac5408 @WinglessYetFlying @StardustLetters @heysunshine12 @Radioguy @Open2Change @HumorousPear1826 @HopefulPower54@Helping2findaway @CalmingStar @Hope3729 @River @SaimaK @BeyondTheInvisible @Skybar @onedirection1213 @Francescahelps @Katheryn @Hashib22 @SpringWaltz @Booklover95 @Clarisse29 @Emirson2018 @Mia1602 @Mountainmystic777 @SupportiveMonkey46 @electricLily13 @ninetaleslove @scenicwindow @JamilaBrownPsyD @ShareenBirgesBASSCounGDYMH@Auditormadness9 @Busranurr @charmingbeauty55 @dancersoul @FranklyMaple @GodsBabyGirl1981 @grassup @gymnast9460 @Hope3729 @ingeniousfriend59 @tryingmybest7 @Lovelylady18 @ninetaleslove @phia7292 @phia7293 @red85 @dopey @GodsBabyGirl1981 @LePapillon @sgtdavis33 @GusteeMoon123 @EncouragingSteps @DanaMH @BrooklynM @Avaboo @navyOcean3488 @BlueEast @Cparsons816 @kizzyaaliyah @Feepersane @k87 @PlumBeechwood7549 @bubblyFaith17
@parisliangbts @beanie @answers @ryha3274 @sunnyApricot6027 @Gtalker8845 @Solivagant2609
@Parisaegyo @Soulflyer, @Leahninhi @easywest5007 @azuladragon34 @Moana22 @ItsReganingRain @Kay @Pakhi!!123 @k87 @Clarisse29 @ConnectOn @Colourfultiger @niceCLEMEMTINE1415 @ShawnMendesGoals @Albatrosinthesky @k87 @Wittie96 @Aathmika
@ngsuling1986 @Bubbles120 @Tiger222 @Webehejdjfj @crazycountry210
The one thing I feel sad about today is that I heard from an ex friend who reminded me of her true colours. I have learned to accept that she is extremely selfish and self-centered.
I think that the hardest thing I've had to overcome is that the other person isn't really my friend.
moving on and not compare my ex to others
Going through that right now. Truly moving forward and letting past hurts go, while at the same time not repeating the mistakes that led to those hurts. Hard stuff. Sometimes I want to just start over fresh with someone new, but at the same time I feel there are aspects of the relationship worth keeping. One of the most important is the willingness to work through this, as hard as it may be.
picking up the pieces of my shattered heart and then helping him while I had a broken heart (an seeing him die)