Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Do you forgive someone's mistakes easily?

User Profile: fancifulPainting19
fancifulPainting19 June 20th, 2017

Do you forgive your partner

46
User Profile: sympatheticTriangle9097
sympatheticTriangle9097 May 24th, 2019

Should I break-up with my bf after he recently told me that he had cheated on his ex cuz I'm afraid he could cheat on me too someday?

1 reply
User Profile: jazmine1986
jazmine1986 May 24th, 2019

@sympatheticTriangle9097

my opinion is break up with him , as you'll never know whether he'll cheat on you the leopard will never CHANGE its spots don't follow my footsteps till i get hurt in the end then you regret .

load more
User Profile: jazmine1986
jazmine1986 May 24th, 2019

@fancifulPainting19

NO NOT THAT EASY , I'LL NEVER FORGIVE WHAT HE HAS DONE AS I WANT TO MAKE SURE HE PAY ME FOR WHAT HE HAS DONE BUT HE'LL NEVER ABLE TO PAY BACK WHAT HE HAD DONE & DEPENDING THE SITUATION LIKE ONE OF THEM SAY HERE

1 reply
User Profile: avidthinker
avidthinker May 24th, 2019

@jazmine1986

In my personal experience I've only had one really bad thing happen to me that was difficult to overcome. It was my baby mamas infidelity. It was at a time where I questioned if the child was mine. I didn't get a paternity test till three years after she was born and after the fact we split. She was my kid. But I felt I had been robbed of having been completely ecstatic about my child's arrival. The recollection of how much doubt I had during delivery was not easy. I never truly forgave her for the next three years. We ended up splitting after she cheated again finding out the fifth year together. I was bitter and upset. Wanted answers that I couldn't never get from her. I always wanted to forgive. I had that in my mind always. I couldn't find it. It found me. You learn a lot over time. About the world and yourself. Sometimes they all come full circle and speak to only a language you can understand. Not for anyone else. And I even I gave up on the idea of forgiveness somewhere in between thinking it was overrated. Through my experience I learned that not all relationships are one size fits all. To not be mad at someone's nature and to not get even in times of injustice. Because doing things out of love for me is most rewarding. Those feelings of anger and resent kept me from being able to love.

load more

@fancifulPainting19

I only don't forgive my mistakes...

User Profile: Emirson2018
Emirson2018 May 24th, 2019

@fancifulPainting19

Usually, I do. And by forgiving, I don't always mean it's okay to do it, it just means "let's lern from it and leave it in the past"

2 replies
User Profile: Emirson2018
Emirson2018 May 24th, 2019

*learn

smh I can't spell

User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 31st, 2019

@Emirson2018 wise thoughts Emir. <3

load more
User Profile: peacefulforest75
peacefulforest75 May 25th, 2019

@fancifulPainting19

Yes and no. I forgive mistakes when he explains why and it's clearly an oversight, lack of planning, something unexpected, etc. I have a hard time forgiving when he does something I've asked him not to, he apologies, but he keeps doing it. Especially if I've told him it hurts my feelings.

An ongoing thing for us is he is insistent on apologies and doesn't want to hear the reason why, as he feels it's an excuse and not a real apology. I don't feel it's a real apology without hearing the reason why, as otherwise it seems empty.

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 31st, 2019

@peacefulforest75 I get your point Peace. You are right.

load more
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 May 26th, 2019

Do you forgive someone's mistakes easily? No, esspecially if I am hurt. I have walls and if someone can break through those walls and still hurt me, it's very hard to forgive that.

And if I do forgive, I usually do NOT forget.

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 31st, 2019

@Rebekahwriter13 hmm, it makes sense Rebekah. Agree with you. How are you doing?

1 reply
User Profile: Rebekahwriter13
Rebekahwriter13 June 2nd, 2019

@ASilentObserver I'm high stressed and lots of choas

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver June 5th, 2019

@Rebekahwriter13 Sorry to hear Rebekah. Sending hugs and I hope you feel better<3

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove May 27th, 2019

Do you forgive your partner

1 reply
User Profile: ASilentObserver
ASilentObserver May 31st, 2019

@AveryLove so true Avery. It makes sense.

load more
User Profile: aquaBike6159
aquaBike6159 June 1st, 2019

I forgive people way too easily but never forgive myself, even for the small things. People have literally tried to kill me and Ive still forgiven...... 😬

User Profile: MelanieDaniels63
MelanieDaniels63 June 1st, 2019

No, but I should be more forgiving after I feel better about the situation I could change my mind to forgive or not depends.

User Profile: lazyKatz
lazyKatz June 1st, 2019

Yes, I forgive people very easy...... I have such a low opinion of myself that I automatically think it must have been my fault.

1 reply
User Profile: aquaBike6159
aquaBike6159 June 5th, 2019

@lazyKatz I feel that. It helps me to take a step back and think if I'm apologizing what I'm apologizing for, and to look at the situation objectively to see if it's really my fault.

load more