Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Forum Reminder and Community Update

User Profile: Remina
Remina October 3rd

Hello everyone,

I wanted to take a moment to share a few reminders and updates regarding the forums.

First, I am currently working my way through a backlog of forum flags. Due to limited availability last month, I was not able to check the forums as frequently as usual, and there are quite a few reports that I am still reviewing. Thank you for your patience while I work through them.

While reviewing the backlog, I noticed a few recurring concerns that I would like to address.

Listeners Seeking Support

As a reminder, listener accounts should not be used to seek personal support. Listeners who would like support are welcome to use a member account in accordance with site guidelines. This helps maintain appropriate boundaries and ensures everyone is using the platform as intended.

Replying to Threads

I have also seen a number of replies that were not particularly supportive and, in some cases, came across as judgmental toward the original poster.

Please remember that not every thread requires a response from every user. Before replying, consider whether:

• You can relate to or understand the topic being discussed.
• You have something constructive or helpful to contribute.
• You can respond respectfully and supportively.

If the answer to any of these is no, it may be best to simply move on to another thread. Choosing not to reply is often better than posting something that could make another user feel dismissed, criticized, or invalidated.

Crisis and Safety Concerns

Another issue I noticed while reviewing flags was the number of posts involving users who appeared to be in crisis.

Unfortunately, because of the backlog, some of these posts were not brought to moderator attention as quickly as they should have been. The forum flag system is very helpful, but when there is a large backlog, urgent concerns can be difficult to identify immediately.

If a user expresses suicidal intent, homicidal intent, or any other immediate safety concern, please do more than simply flag the post. In addition to flagging, send a private message to me or any Community Moderator so that the situation can be reviewed as quickly as possible. This helps ensure that users in crisis can be redirected to appropriate resources promptly rather than waiting for a moderator to eventually reach the report in a large queue.

Medication Discussions and Medical Advice

I would also like to remind everyone of an important guideline regarding medication discussions.

General discussions about medication experiences are permitted. However, users should not provide medical advice, recommend specific treatments, or discuss specific dosage instructions. Medical decisions should always be made in consultation with a qualified healthcare professional, such as a prescribing provider or physician.

When in doubt, encourage users to speak directly with their healthcare provider rather than offering medical guidance.

Sharing Links Safely

Please be mindful when sharing links on 7 Cups.

If you share a link, clearly explain what the link contains rather than posting a random URL by itself. Links without context can easily be mistaken for spam and may cause confusion for other users.

If you are sharing artwork, writing, or other creative projects, please make sure you are using an anonymous hosting platform. Some services, such as Google Docs, may reveal personal information including email addresses. Other websites may allow off-site contact, which is not permitted under community guidelines.

Always review your privacy settings and the information visible to others before sharing any external content.

Thank you all for helping make the forums a supportive, welcoming, and safe place for everyone. We appreciate the members and listeners who consistently contribute thoughtful, compassionate, and respectful discussions throughout the community.

If you have any questions about these reminders or need clarification regarding forum guidelines, please feel free to reach out.

14

@Remina

This is soo helpful. I hope more people can actually review the guidelines and support the community in supporting the community better. 

I’d also add a note about users posting in language other than English. To remind people again that posts should be in the English language only; if at all necessary, one should at least provide a translation in English for their text. 

Another note about people doxxing their listener/ member accounts. “Hey this is xyz member me on my listener account zyx let’s catch up from here.” 

A reminder to people to not make duplicate posts/ post the same thread multiple times in different communities. 

And one for the very obvious spams, related to taking people off site or promoting some service/ stuff elsewhere; although I doubt that people who come here with the intention to spam would be reading/ adhering to anything else already mentioned in our guidelines. 🥲


Hope more people can review our forum guidelines and adhere to them in a more mindful manner- https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/p/Forum-Guidelines-3c989621981b4b6db6c722d76274b058

Thank you again for putting the post together, Remina! 💛

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're welcome and thank you for posting the link to the forum guidelines and posting other reminders. 

Yes, only one post per thread topic.  Posting one thread to multiple communities is duplication which is against the rules and with the English only, we allow other language but there has to be a translation added. 

load more
User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 October 3rd

@Remina

Thats actually really useful! Thanks for mentioning them.

If you ever need any help with your work and I can somehow help let me know🤍

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 3rd

You’re welcome! @CheerfulKiwi1776 and of course. So do you have forum supporter or community mentor badge?

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 October 3rd

@Remina

Hmmm as far as I know i dont think so. What do you need them for? If its easy to get them i will do so, in order to help🤍

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 3rd

@cheerfulKiwi1776

I will PM you. It might be a process that takes time before you can be a community mentor (access to edit forums). You're active somewhere on the forums, right?

User Profile: cheerfulKiwi1776
cheerfulKiwi1776 October 3rd

@Remina

I ll see your PM now🤍

In the forums I m active yeah

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 3rd

@cheerfulKiwi1776

Perfect 🌟

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: mytwistedsoul
mytwistedsoul October 3rd

@Remina Thank you for this! This will be helpful! I wasn't sure about the one that weren't in english. I was translating them 😅 

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 3rd

@mytwistedsoul

You're welcome!

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 October 4th

@Remina

Thank you for all you do here 💚🤗

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP October 4th

@Amanda84

You're welcome

load more
User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 Monday

@Remina

Much needed, thanks Remina!!

User Profile: Remina
Remina OP Monday

@Heather225

You're welcome! <3

load more