Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

[What Do I Do?] A member you are chatting with is being rude and inappropriate towards you...

User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 10th, 2021

A member you are chatting with in PMs is being rude and inappropriate towards you . How will you deal with this situation? 😮❤

( learning is more fun when we do it together, so tag a fellow listener and invite them to share their insights too )
10
User Profile: Remina
Remina September 11th, 2021

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I remind them of the guidelines the first time :) The second time I warn Ill be having to end the chat and at the third time actually end the chat. Actively screenshot everything of course. And if they come back and continue their behavior, block/report to the community!

Hey @politeocean you answer

User Profile: PoliteOcean
PoliteOcean September 11th, 2021

@HopieRemi

"Samsies"~ wink

User Profile: Remina
Remina September 11th, 2021

@PoliteOcean

haha twin :P

load more
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 9th, 2022

@HopieRemi @PoliteOcean

That's a great approach, thanks for sharing, y'all! ❤️

User Profile: Remina
Remina April 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou You're welcome haha

load more
load more
User Profile: LavenderHere
LavenderHere May 6th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou good post, found it lurking around hehe. @HopieRemi raised a good point remind them the first time then warn and third warning and end the chat. In addition to this, what I like to do is redirect the conversation to ask why are they here, and what they want support with. Like remind them the purpose and redirecting the whole chat...thought I'd add that here hehe

User Profile: Remina
Remina May 6th, 2022

@LavenderHere Redirecting to see if they have a legitimate purpose for chatting is a great idea.

User Profile: LavenderHere
LavenderHere May 6th, 2022

@HopieRemi *nods nods* Plus it'd help the member feel heard, and that we are there for them despite the boundary💜

load more
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP May 6th, 2022

@LavenderHere

Thanks for replying, Lav. Redirecting to a supportive topic is great approach, I agree with you about how redirecting chat to a supportive topic and focusing on being compassionate and supportive to our member may encourage them to seek support and change their inappropriate behavior eventually. 💜

User Profile: LavenderHere
LavenderHere May 6th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou *nods nods nodssss*

load more
load more