Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

3 Key Things!

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM November 18th, 2019

Please post here 3 key things you have done to help move 7 Cups forward. I will be doing this on a daily basis. Feel free to do it daily, weekly, or monthly. Right now we've got thousands of people doing a lot of work on the site, but we don't have a clear way of being able to support one another. The goal of this thread is to help all of us see all the good work that is going on. Please ask any questions or share thoughts!

5647
User Profile: redPeach7215
redPeach7215 April 20th, 2023

Journaling, checking in and meditation

April 28th, 2023

@GlenM

3 keys things monthly reflection:

  • Respond to PM questions from GSP trainees
  • Host AMAs for GSP (both adult and teen side)
  • Take on chatroom mentor role

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 April 28th, 2023

Discussion

Answering member pms

Open chat

User Profile: broadfemmelovelive
broadfemmelovelive April 30th, 2023

@GlenM


Hi everyone!

I wanted to let you all know that I'll be taking a break from my 1:1 chat support for a little while. I'm still going to be involved in the LGBTQ+ room and as a mentor for QLP through "7 Cups", but I need to take some time for self care. I believe that taking care of ourselves is crucial, and I encourage you all to do the same. So I'm going to approch this responce a bit diffrently then others have, as I realise that all of my responcibilities here on 7 contribute in some way but most importantly what I do for myself also impacts how I show up here.

I'd like to share with you three self-care practices that I personally find helpful: 1. Yoga or stretching: Taking some time to stretch or do yoga can be incredibly calming and grounding for me. It helps me release tension in my body and clear my mind. 2. Reading a good book (audiobooks for me): When I need a break from technology and the world around me, I like to curl up with a good book. It's a great way to escape into another world and give my mind a rest. 3. Taking a relaxing bath: There's nothing quite like a warm bath to soothe my body and mind. I like to add some Epsom salts or essential oils to enhance the experience and help me unwind. Remember, self-care looks different for everyone, so find what works best for you and prioritize your well-being.

Taking regular self-care breaks is essential for maintaining our overall well-being. It allows us to recharge and rejuvenate, which ultimately helps us be more productive and effective in our daily lives. As someone who values self-care, I prioritize taking breaks throughout the day to center myself and focus on my mental health. I encourage others to do the same and prioritize self-care as part of their daily routine. Remember, taking care of ourselves is not selfish; it's necessary.

As we lend our support to others in the 7 Cups online emotional wellness community, it's important that we prioritize our self-care. Only by taking the time to tend to our own emotional needs can we truly be there for those who rely on us. Remember, it's not selfish to prioritize your well-being – it's essential!

I take pride in being a leading example of this self-care initiative. While daily breaks and general self-care and have supported me in the past, I have recently found it necessary to take a step away from one on one chats to ensure that I get back on track. My dedication to this self-care initiative for listeners remains unwavering, and I will continue to strive for wellness and self-care. Thank you for your support and encouragement as we work together to make a positive difference on this platform.

:)

User Profile: MagnificentSunrise
MagnificentSunrise May 25th, 2023
  1. Reply to PMs from members and for my mentorship roles.
  2. Host Sharing Circles.
  3. Process the last step form submissions for QLP.
User Profile: jadenrjc7
jadenrjc7 June 5th, 2023

@GlenM

✒️ Work with your team or mentor and identify the key metric you are hoping to help move. Post daily (or the cadence that makes sense) in the 3 key things thread to highlight what you are doing to help us move 7 Cups forward. Please post here why this goal of choosing a single metric is important. Think of how this is important in your professional life, but also how this can help you personally as well.

My way of helping 7 Cups move forward is by not sugarcoating anyone's struggles. For many, it helps to be real and raw about the experiences and issues we go through in life. I think this single metric is important as its specific and can apply to almost all situations and conversations. I can implement this idea not only on 7Cups, but in school, personal life, social life, and my hobbies!


User Profile: SnowTabby
SnowTabby June 9th, 2023

@GlenM
So I have something to come back to in case I get distracted. My metric was chosen based on 3 things. Wanting to be honest, push myself out of my comfort zone, and keeping motivated by being proud of myself.
My north star, my metric: I want to attend academy check-ins every Sunday at 1pm to keep myself within this beautiful community and remind myself why I volunteered. During LDP, I want to start listening to at least 2 members a week (it's been hard since I haven't felt great about myself in a long time). After I complete this program with my leadership roles, I will align my metric with the teams. I want to brighten someone's day by helping or sending sweet messages of encouragement.

Today, I have been working on Course 3 Discussion 4 because it was very difficult but tomorrow I will attend the session and listen to a member. I will spread positivity and reach out to a leadership position I was suggested for.

User Profile: TaviListens
TaviListens July 15th, 2023

@GlenM

I have been a listener for 8 years now and have been trying to help the community by participating in the forums more actively, following the internship, leadership and quality listening programme and I have recently been accepted to the verifiers team <3

User Profile: GlenM
GlenM OP August 4th, 2023

@charmingEagle47 great job! and thank you for your 8 years of service!!!!!💪

load more
User Profile: Rivelino3
Rivelino3 July 15th, 2023

@GlenM

I would be hard pressed to make it three, but here we go


1. Completing all coursework requirements on my way to be a quality mentor and chat supporter


2. Communicating with my mentors to learn more about my new roles


3. Actively working on being highly professional in all my interactions here

User Profile: RosaHere
RosaHere July 22nd, 2023

1. Accepting General Requests.

2. Working on my Listening skills to help Members.

3. Being a Peer Supporter.