Leaders! If you could give one piece of advice to a new leader...
...or someone wanting to take on a leadership role - What would it be?
Constantly be developing yourself as a person who inspires with choices that respect the people who you are leading. Be a person of uncompromising honesty, transparency, self control, ethics, humanity and wisdom.
Don't speak platitudes. Communicate to build relationships. Hold yourself to a higher standard than those you are in charge of. Commit to your own humility daily.
Be patient, attentive, open minded and compassionate.
Never be afraid of growth - especially on 7 Cups, the opportunities are endless - ask questions and more importantly communicate your creativity - everyone has a unique style and we would love seeing your ideas or hearing your thoughts - that being said, growth is something we all view differently - be sure to know what you are aiming for, we are here to support you!
You can't please everyone. But in spite of that, have confidence that your choices were the best you could make at the time and move forward.
Try to develop empathy. Try to put yourself in others' shoes. Listen not just hear.
No matter what there are people there for you
@SamuelFrancis. I wish I could agree but unfortunately the first person I contacted here treated me horribly and I am Still trying to get over it but I have nowhere else to go
@sensitivePlane3654
i'm sorry your first experience was like that. I hope you can find a listener that is right for you. i promise there's someone out there who can support you properly
@Heather225 I'd share to have a plan for yourself first when going into leadership. Life demands can be high and 7cups leadership roles can be demanding. Always find time for you. Find time to laugh and have fun with your community to. Mostly embrace your leadership well and enjoy it 
@Heather225 Okay well I am gonna be blunt and honest here and say that taking on roles/badges leadership etc... you have to grow a thick skin and be ready to get attacked and judged and everything else that comes with the roles..
I am not going to sugarcoat it lol I am saying it is not easy having any role here but you can do them if you follow the rules of the site which we all know we slip right because we are not perfect .But do your best to stick to the site rules.
Believe in what you do here and Be real and do not try to be someone you are not, do not compare yourself to anyone else that has a role/badge-leadership or none at all.
Be Kind and Caring and Suppotive . Be Respectful of everyone... if you really do not care for someone then be cordial and show them kindness anyway... we are all human 
We are a Team , we not I but WE .. Do what works for you and if you feel that it is not working ask for help, ask questions do not be afraid to reach out .. I do and I will continue too. 
We are all listeners that came here for a reason right? We wanted to help others or we came to get help for ourselves and realized helping others helped us .
Use the Paths Training Guides and the Self Help Guides and also have A Mentor ..
People will ask me how do you take being a Mod - Well I know when to take my self care breaks and when to say okay I need to step back and breathe or I need to chat with a peer supporter or a mentor.. .I call it putting on my Coat of Armor..
Just do the best you can and that is all you can do and keep growing and learning and researching the site it has so much to offer.
Leadership role or not You are still awesome by giving your time to volunteer !!
Peace and Love
Tye
@Tyedyedbutterfly65 *hugs* Thanks for posting this! You are awesome in what you do!
Listening - One Step At A Time!
@MistyMagic Thank You Misty
I appreciate all you do here and always being so supportive with me anytime I come to you for help !! You are one of the most outstanding leaders on this site !!! You have a huge Heart 
Thank you so much for the kind words they mean so much to me.. 
Be chill, down to earth treat everyone with respect. Be yourself is all that you can be, do your best etc...
@MelanieDaniels63 not to judge and to believe them if they say they are depressed
Be open to learning from your team and know it's okay to show them you're human.