Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What inspires you to volunteer on 7 Cups?

User Profile: Heather225
Heather225 January 13th, 2023

Our community is unique, and what brings us together is very powerful: human compassion, support, and healing. Our beloved volunteers are pivotal to the nurturing of our ecosystem and our culture. Your work matters; the difference you make every day can save a life (and probably already has!).

I like to ask these questions every now and then to revisit our purpose, and to recognize you all who invest so much of yourselves. It cannot be understated just how much we (myself and the 7 Cups team) appreciate and value your contributions. That said, please tell me:

⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you?

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them?

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here?

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here?

Please answer the questions that are relevant to you, or feel free to answer them all! I look forward to reading and seeing everyone's uplifting replies to each other!

From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your dedication to our community. You make this world a better place.

24
User Profile: LittleBirdie30
LittleBirdie30 January 16th, 2023

@Heather225

7 Cups has been a home to me since the beginning of the pandemic. I’ve always been interested in service and helping others and I wanted to continue to do that when I was sent home from college due to Covid. I found purpose from my bedroom computer during my hours on 7 Cups. I was excited to help people just by listening and having a chat. It took me time to learn how to be the best Listener and I’m always learning, but I have really learned communication skills, boundaries, and how to be empathetic while supporting someone at the same time. I’ve joined various roles in my time at 7 Cups and met so many amazing people! I’ve become a Peer Supporter, a Care Team Guide, a Care Team Co-Leader, and now a Mod! I’m so so grateful for all the amazing opportunities that I’ve been given here and this really is a home for me. I come on Cups everyday and I just feel the constant support! Thank you to everyone who volunteers here and continues to make this place an amazing community!💙

User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart January 17th, 2023

@Heather225

⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you?

I enjoying meeting people, maintaining friendships, and sharing a little bit of myself at a time. :)

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them?

All of my "roles" are informal and unofficial. I just pop into certain rooms and share something now and again and I like to offer an encouraging word. I like to recognize different peers by nominating listeners for the Tulip badge and submit peer appreciations. I also like to post positive and encouraging things in the forums. :)

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here?

I have learned a lot about compassion here at 7 Cups - compassion towards myself and others. :)

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here?

I would tell them to do it! Any talent or gift you have been blessed with can be used here. You may even discover some new ones! ;)

1 reply
User Profile: LovingPeacefulHeart
LovingPeacefulHeart January 17th, 2023

Tagging @EmotionsListener @amiablepeace77 @InternalAcceptance @SunshineAlwaysGrateful @Jill7Cups @Gracey @aliveintheocean @soulsings @YellowSunflower101 @BronyDice to share. <3

load more
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 January 17th, 2023

@Heather225

⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you?

I enjoy having the opportunity to do something meaningful and to be part of something that contributes to a better world. My strong belief that we can change this world to the better motivates me most.

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them?

My roles are/were CM, STL, chatroom moderator, forum supporter. I like the interaction with people in the rooms particularly when I see that they feel supported.

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here?

In my time here at 7cups I learned a lot, some of the most important things are better understanding of people, more open minded and the importance of self care.

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here?

Keep an open mind and listen with your heart. Your time here can be amazing but make sure you keep time for yourself too. There is nothing better than helping others and knowing you did something meaningful and that you just did not only "put your head into the sand" and be quiet.

User Profile: SunShineAlwaysGrateful
SunShineAlwaysGrateful January 18th, 2023

@Heather225

⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you?

i enjoy the people I have met along the way. It makes for joy in my day helping others. You can never have enough joy & it brings positivity to my life & hopefully others.

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them?

i am a listener & involved with the Wellness Huddles hoping to jump into more roles however right now my son is sick and he needs to diagnosed. Pray if you pray… it is appreciated! When he is sorted I will have more time. I am retired & just returning back to cups and loving it.

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here?

Everyone one has a story & we are far more alike than different. The need to be hurt is such a basic need for all. This community provides fulfills that need & support along the way.

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here?

Absolutely! I joined as a member trying to sort my life in my early 50s … and I ended up being a Listener helping others helped me.

User Profile: WishToBeWise
WishToBeWise January 19th, 2023

@Heather225

I'm not going to answer all questions but I do want to say a couple things

I was going through a rough patch in my life I needed someone impartial to talk to and just be there. Encouragement was much appreciated at the time although I felt lost.

After a few kind words along the way I realized how important it is to have someone just be there when all you want to do is talk.

The kindness and compassion that was shown to me by listeners and people who came into my life at the time really inspired me to take this journey

I have learned some valuable skills being a listener one of them is being able to direct or redirect a chat in a more positive direction using some de escalating strategies. I've also become increasingly patient and attentive to try and pinpoint certain things that may bring some light to a chat. It doesn't always happen but when it does it can be a real light bulb moment.

I could carry on with the subject but il just leave it there.

I've grown as a person learned a lot and managed to help a few people along the way thanks to cups.



1 reply
May 13th, 2023

@WishToBeWise glad for the patience you are developing and the skills you are learning here💛

load more
User Profile: SirenOfSerenity
SirenOfSerenity January 23rd, 2023

⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you? - I enjoy the various roles, training and education Cups provides that not only helps my personal development, but helps me improve the way I support others through their own personal development or healing. There's so many different ways to contribute to humanity through this site whether you're giving support through this platform or utilizing what you've learned here to support people outside the platform. What motivates me if being able to support and contribute to others from all over the globe from the convenience of the internet

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them? - My main roles are Mentoring, Coaching and group session facilitating. I enjoy providing both 1 on 1 guidance and facilitating a progress group session that impacts multiple people at once

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here? - My favorite skills learned have been the Active Listening Skills, I can see the improvements in all my close relationships outside of 7 Cups since I've utilized Active Listening in our conversations. I've also advanced in using Google sheets, Google docs, Google forms and leading group projects with integrity. I've even become more educated on how to best support more particular topics like depression, managing emotions and family stress

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here? - There's a variety of educational materials, team roles and subcommunities to get explore. Try to get an idea of what type of contribution you'd like to make as a volunteer and don't hesitate to reach out for guidance before making the commitment

January 24th, 2023


⭐ What do you enjoy about volunteering at 7 Cups? What motivates you?

I can see the difference simple efforts could make. It's inspiring to be able to make a positive difference in the world so easily.

⭐ What role(s) do you have or had, and what do you like most about them?

I enjoy chatroom hosting role the most. I like to be able to inspire an environment where people share good time with one another. At the same time, I love to explore potential leadership in those I meet, and encourage them to live their best potential.

⭐ What skills/lessons/etc have you learned from your volunteer experience here?

It makes me a better person and makes my mind feel purer.

⭐ What would you say to someone who is interested in volunteering here?

Give it a try! Find the joy that comes from looking to be there for someone else.