Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 10th, 2018

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards! Yay, they are so cute!

Learn more about this update here!

Find your join month animal assigment below!

January - Dolphin - get to know other dophins here

February - Penguin - Get to know other penguins here

March - Horse - Get to know other Horses here

April - Camel - get to know other camels here

May - Elephant - get to know other elephants here

June - Kangaroo - get to know other Kangaroos here

July - Star fish - get to know other starfish here

August - Fish - get to know other Fish here

Sept - Bunny - get to know other Bunnies here

Oct - Eagle - get to know other Eagles here

Nov - Butterfly - get to know other Butterflies here

Dec - Turtle - get to know other turtles here

256
User Profile: Strangerinastrangeland23
Strangerinastrangeland23 January 12th, 2018

What do the different animals mean and how do I find out my animal?

1 reply
User Profile: neatFarm1673
neatFarm1673 January 12th, 2018

@Strangerinastrangeland23and how the fk I find my animal??

User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 15th, 2018

@Strangerinastrangeland23

@neatfarm1673

If you are on the app, you wont see it. But if you go to the first post in this thread and look at the month that corresponds with when you made your account, thats your animal. For instance, I opened my account in a January, so I am stuck with this stupid blue dolphin.

load more
User Profile: OptimisticBirch
OptimisticBirch January 12th, 2018

Do you see some animal besides your name in the post? that's your animal

1 reply
User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 15th, 2018

@OptimisticBirch

The animals arent on the app, so they might not see it.

load more
January 12th, 2018

It is not a good update at all. For instance if a member is trying to save their anonymity after a stalking or harassment episode here in 7cups and have gotten a name change, still it will be of no use as these animals will directly point out the identity of the said member. Cyber criminals and trolls are not fools. They have a keen observation and can trace out who the person talking, is. As I have read some previous comments in this forum post, it is better suited for teens. Keeping in mind the security and privacy reasons, I am not in favor of this update.

I hope these constructive critisms are taken into account and our safety is considered first, rather than turning a blind eye at what we members are saying.

1 reply
User Profile: Blaze
Blaze January 12th, 2018

@RedTemplar You have a point there.

load more
User Profile: RainbowTrie
RainbowTrie January 12th, 2018

For me, I wish the animals signified something other than the month you joined. Like maybe your primary community here on 7cups, something more significant to have in common. Like if you're primarily involved with teh LGBT community you get a butterfly for example. Then members would be able to quickly gauge a listeners interest/strength and seek them out.

I assumed this would be a personality quiz like pottermore or dating websites or car dealerships have and we'd have the option to participate. Then members could seek out listeners with simialr personalities.and maybe feel a little more comfortable.

1 reply
User Profile: bunnypants
bunnypants January 12th, 2018

@RainbowTrie what, you mean something to improve the site and create meaningful connections between people?

unfathomable, it seems :P

User Profile: AffyAvo
AffyAvo January 12th, 2018

@RainbowTrie I like that idea! It would be like all the badges mods have now for the support teams they are on, but for everyone within a subcommunity.

@Laura This is something that would help others find each other way more than grouping us by month. This should absolutely be OPT IN if it's implemented though, as it would be sharing information or even diagnoses that some may not want shared.

User Profile: FranklyMaple
FranklyMaple January 15th, 2018

@RainbowTrie

Omg that's such a good idea. They should've done that, it would hold so much more meaning and be really important. Plus, connecting with people that share your animal would make much more sense.

load more
User Profile: BlankFreak
BlankFreak January 12th, 2018

This I do not understand.;-;

User Profile: RumpleSteeleSkin
RumpleSteeleSkin January 12th, 2018

@Laura

Laura awww they are so cute. Love the idea of having the newbies connect and see they are not alone!!!yes

User Profile: brilliantTurtle89
brilliantTurtle89 January 12th, 2018

Guys, while personally I have no problems with the animals, I can understand some of the reasons why people don't agree with them and don't want them. However, I don't think there is any need for us to be insulting to anyone or trying to make anyone look bad over this. It was done with the very best of intentions. Whatever your opinion, valid as it may be, let's remember to keep 7 Cups a warm community where everyone is respected.

1 reply
User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 12th, 2018

@brilliantTurtle89

Then maybe @Laura needs to reevaluate the majority of her responses to those of us who hate this update! 😡

load more
User Profile: StarJourney
StarJourney January 13th, 2018

@Laura

I'm sorry you're getting lots of negativety thrown at you. Some of the reactions appear to have been written in a state of intense emotion, be it distress or anger. While I hope that those in charge of these modifications pay attention to the feedback (I don't know if you are in charge or just providing the information), I also hope that you personaly don't let it bring you down. You have to be strong to have to deal with some of these harsh comments and so I wish you strength, hope and faith at all time. Do the best you can with the best intention so you can have a clear heart and all will be fine. Sending you love and well wishes.

User Profile: SpunkyMonkey100
SpunkyMonkey100 January 13th, 2018

@Laura it would be so cool if you could have your pet as your animal icon ;p

User Profile: meaculpa777
meaculpa777 January 13th, 2018

I like it ... and btw the eagle that I have is the main theme in my fav. Bible verse. Thanks !