Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 10th, 2018

January 10 - Animal icons live across the site: Forums, chatrooms, profiles & usercards! Yay, they are so cute!

Learn more about this update here!

Find your join month animal assigment below!

January - Dolphin - get to know other dophins here

February - Penguin - Get to know other penguins here

March - Horse - Get to know other Horses here

April - Camel - get to know other camels here

May - Elephant - get to know other elephants here

June - Kangaroo - get to know other Kangaroos here

July - Star fish - get to know other starfish here

August - Fish - get to know other Fish here

Sept - Bunny - get to know other Bunnies here

Oct - Eagle - get to know other Eagles here

Nov - Butterfly - get to know other Butterflies here

Dec - Turtle - get to know other turtles here

256
User Profile: quietLime89
quietLime89 January 19th, 2018

Hi,

Will there be an opt-out feature?

That might be nice. :)

User Profile: DeborahUK
DeborahUK January 19th, 2018

@Laura

It's now been over a week since you announced this initiative. Your responses to many of the concerns listed have been woefully inadequate, to the point of being patronising. And frankly they dont stack up.

Would you just respond to the one point that keeps coming up though please, particularly based on the strength of feeling expressed in this thread. Will there be an opt out option, and whatever your response, could you explain the rationale behind it please?

3 replies
User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 19th, 2018

@DeborahUK

It

2 replies
User Profile: Raveninthelabrynth
Raveninthelabrynth January 19th, 2018

@BeeLeigh Bee my Friend and Colleague, I thank you for your concern of my feelings. It is a deeply personal matter to me, However I will be satisfied with an opt out. I don't expect this to be quick to happen, but atleast for me here I have too much more important works to do rather than keeping my angers and dissapointments at the fore front of my attention. I do intend to keep on top of getting rid of this addition, however I know it needs time. In the mean time I shall continue my works here and do my best to treat this as a temporary inconvenience. Trust me Bee, I am no way giving in and accepting this, but we are at the point where we have stated our case from many perspectives. It's now known by the admins that there are many whom take offense to this. I know in my heart this was never anyones intent, and I respect those whom put in unknown hours to this site to try to make things fun. Please Bee, let this Marinade a few, give them time to create the solution. In the mean time there are far more worthy endeavors to persuit. Much Love and Respect my friend. smiley

1 reply
User Profile: BeeLeigh
BeeLeigh January 19th, 2018

@Raveninthelabrynth

She said it was being tested for a week while she was feigning concern for you. I know there are bigger things to worry about, but Laura

load more
load more
User Profile: Laura
Laura OP January 23rd, 2018

@DeborahUK

thank you Deborah for your post and feedback. I am sorry if I cam accross in a way that was hurtful in my previous posts. that is never my intention. I have provided the following feedback to the product team to see what can be done -

Animal Cohort Follow -up -
1) providing an opt-out ability
2) Changing the elephant (many associate this animal with bullying)

Once I have word, ill share this information with everyone!

2 replies
User Profile: DeborahUK
DeborahUK January 23rd, 2018

@Laura

Thanks for your response Laura, and great to know that people have been heard.

I think some of your previous responses did you no favours, as they didnt get across that you were hearing what was said. But its apparent you were. Thank you for taking feedback in the constructive way it was intended.

1 reply
User Profile: Laura
Laura OP January 23rd, 2018

@DeborahUK

i understand! thank you for letting mek now - I appreciate it. *hugs*

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Laura
Laura OP January 23rd, 2018

Hi Everyone,

I have read the feedback (including the feedback that my tone was off).

We are going to continue to move forward with this update, with the opportunity to change and updates things always open.

As of right now, i hear that the feedback is -

1) provide an opt-out

2) Change the elephant out for another animal

We aren't able to make these changes today because we want to continue to learn and grow into this new udpate right now. I hope to provide more information tomorrow on what you can expect on this update.

1 reply
User Profile: loquaciousRaven11
loquaciousRaven11 May 15th, 2018

@Laura - Hi, I notice the opt-out is available but the Elephant is still here?

I think the animals are kind of neat and of course it can be disappointing if we don't by the luck of the draw end up with our favorite. If I had joined a few days earlier when I first wanted to I would have mine, but I hesitated. Anyway, I have to say the Elephant (though definitely a cool animal irl) is my least favorite of these graphics. Though the color is nice.

I am wondering if there was any meaning of significance of what each of the animals might symbolize in themselves, in connection with mindfulness, or mental and emotional tools and/or in relation to each month. Was there any method in the choice of the animals or was it just random? Having a little more understanding might make it a bit more meaningful to some.

Respectfully,
Raven

load more