Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS May 15th, 2025

image_1747309838.png

What Do You Wish People Knew About Your Mental Health

Living with mental health challenges sadly often means dealing with misconceptions or feeling misunderstood.

If you could tell others just one thing about your experience, what would it be?

Maybe it’s something people get wrong.
Maybe it’s something they never ask.
Maybe it’s what you wish someone had said to you or perhaps something else!

Please share below if you feel comfortable to do so. I look forward to reading your contributions and discussing such an important topic. 🌻

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
190
User Profile: forlorn1
forlorn1 May 26th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS 

Double edge sword. Part of me wishes to tell them although I smile, tears perpetually fall behind my eyes. The other part of me dares not to say anything. Afraid of being rejected or avoided if I did. 

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP June 19th, 2025

@forlorn1

It is okay to not be okay and to feel the way you do so please remember this. At 7 Cups, you can be who you are and do not need to mask how you feel. We want to know how you're really feeling and sending lots of my thoughts your way. You really are not alone. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: adrjust1
adrjust1 May 30th, 2025

I don’t mean to always snap back but I can’t control it at times to protect myself from being hurt! I’m triggering more now than usual and I need all the support I can get from my family… I need them more than ever right now

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP June 19th, 2025

@adrjust1

I truly hope you can get family support because our support networks are so so important to us as you know. I hope you can reach out for the support you need from those who you care about the most. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: LabeledBPD
LabeledBPD June 1st, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS


 absolutely nothing! I am not defined by any subjective dsm5 diagnosis.

judge me on my character and actions. 

It’s not a diagnosis making the actions it’s me the responsible human of those actions.

2 replies
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP June 25th, 2025

@LabeledBPD

I wholeheartedly agree! :) We are not defined by our mental health at all, it's a part of how we think, feel and behave but it doesn't capture us as a whole. 

Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
1 reply
User Profile: LabeledBPD
LabeledBPD June 25th, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS

 thoughts translate into emotion. Thoughts and understanding coupled with perspective is ever evolving. Situations change as does knowledge resulting in an ever evolving emotional state. 

We are all a product of our thoughts and beliefs when regarding MH in many and especially CBT published studies.

i am sorry for being so dismissive and combative when it was a opportunity for change and people to ask in a obscure way for help & change in accessing support.  It was hard to not just immediately rebut a desire that was not one desired.


load more
load more
User Profile: Cadbadger
Cadbadger June 2nd, 2025

A “normal” person’s worst day is the everyday baseline for most people with depression. We scrape and fight everyday for light. It’s exhausting.

User Profile: Deanmaldan
Deanmaldan June 2nd, 2025

Absolutely. This message is such an important reminder.


So many people are carrying invisible weights behind their smiles, their productivity, their “I’m fine.” Mental health doesn’t always show up on the outside—and that’s why compassion matters so deeply. We never truly know what someone is navigating within.


To anyone reading this: you don’t have to carry it alone. If you ever need a listening ear, a safe space, or just someone to talk to without judgment, please feel free to connect with me. Sometimes even the smallest conversations can be the beginning of healing.


Let’s keep showing up for each other—with empathy, honesty, and care.

1 reply
User Profile: LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS
LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS OP June 19th, 2025

@Deanmaldan


So very well said :) "We never truly know what someone is navigating within" and this stuck with me as it's such a powerful message. We never truly know and that is why active listening, empathy and compassion really do matter as you know. 

    1  Reply
Feeling better starts with a single message. Check out my profile and reviews.
load more
User Profile: convivialCar4225
convivialCar4225 June 2nd, 2025

I wish my parents can understand that just because they've provided me basic needs doesn't mean I can't have anxiety and depression. And it doesn't mean that they aren't making me feel overwhelmed.

1 reply
User Profile: Sunisshiningandsoareyou
Sunisshiningandsoareyou June 27th, 2025

@convivialCar4225

Mental health goes way beyond meeting the basic needs, true! It must be incredibly frustrating when you feel like your anxiety and depression aren't being acknowledged by your parents.

It's completely understandable to feel overwhelmed, and it's a real challenge when the very people who are supposed to support you don't seem to grasp the depth of what you're going through. Your feelings are valid, and I so wish the same for you! 💛

load more
User Profile: braveSpruce7209
braveSpruce7209 June 2nd, 2025

I would want someone to just check in to me that how am I doing or something being lonely sucks man and I hope they understand that I'm not able to smile like they do cuz I don't feel happiness but it doesn't means I'm rude or I don't want to be part of them just bcz I'm boring for them that my interests are different doesn't means they'll treat me like i don't exist.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 June 3rd, 2025

@braveSpruce7209

Hi there 😊, I just read your post and wanted to ask how you feel now? It hurts when people treat you like you do not exist, so sorry if you're experiencing it. I believe we all have ample space to learn more about others, about disorders, illnesses etc. There is a lot of misunderstanding and lack of knowledge so one can quickly come to assumption like "They are rude". May I ask if you suffer from anhedonia?

load more
June 2nd, 2025

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS I am struggling with worst-level OCD. I also have depression, had anorexia in the past too, suffer from obsessive unrequited love. Life is a nightmare.

User Profile: Willowhome01
Willowhome01 June 2nd, 2025

True

@LisaMeighanMScGMBPsS



Wish more people recognised that