What’s one nighttime habit that helps you feel safe and calm?

Image by K. Matheson on Unsplash
Taglist Updated 9-15-25 @3timesLeo @4Jasmine @abbylov3s @adrjust1 @Admirablerainbow2825 @adventureawaits777 @adventurousBranch3786 @Alaskanskies @AlexMbale @allen99 @allnaturalWillow7138 @alysianna @ambitiousGlobe3422 @ambitioushope1234 @ambitiousHickory9113 @amiablePeace77 @Ashy123 @Astralboy @augustine1304 @balderasdavid799 @BeamsOfHope00 @Beepyy @belongtothesun @bence2 @bestSugar5181 @bestThinker1986 @BipolarBear1983 @BlackyDragon @blissedNblessed @bluelemon6419 @bobw @bouncyFireworks3811 @blueAcai236 @BPDBadee @Brittanny17 @brightOcean1599 @candybubblegumsprinkles @calmcoral @calmWest327 @CaringSub @CatHanderOutNoah @Catunion @charmaeausty @charmingSky5972@charliebee1121 @ComfortablePeace2121 @courageouspanda2006 @courageousPomegranate766 @courteousKite6821 @creativeCar5713 @creatingHealthyOutcome @crimsonCoconut1711 @crimsonPapaya @crystalclearnow @cyanVase4070 @CyclingThroughLife @DarkWolfy04 @daydreammemories @deborahdebbie@Desmynn6789 @Determinedsquare9605 @DkIfINeedHelpOrSleep @dlynn88911221 @dysfunctionjunction1224 @Echoheart7236 @EllyMerelyn @EmbraceYourWings9340 @emotionalpal710 @emotionalPenguin4374 @empathicPresence9091 @EmpoweringSam @Empress02 @endure777 @energeticThinker6924 @enthusiasticAcai2032 @enthusiasticBeach8170 @enthusiasticTortoise6681 @eternalHero77 @exuberantStrawberries9544 @eyeofthetigerrr @FaithfulScout @FaithMagic @fearlessCup8704 @F1shD0g @FlowerEV777 @FracturedPurple @Fradiga @fruityPond7887 @Genlistener @geribear @Gettingbettertoday @Ghasaq997 @GlitteryHearts @glowingPresence86 @energeticThinker6924@GoldenNest2727 @GothamRam @gregariousField7151 @GreyorFelix @gva1audi @happyness @hardworkingBeechwood6063 @HealingEcho @heartstopper13 @helloPineapple2451 @helpfulDime0407 @Henry2000 @Hereforyouall144 @holdingspace85 @hopefaith2011 @imaginativepear6493 @ingeniousLove9924 @intuitivepixie1331 @Itzcharlotteg @JanMad87 @Jordan1872 @k87 @Kenn13chan @kevin3108 @kindcircle3085 @kateeew@Katty719 @Kaydeee @kindRiver6 @kohandlen @Kristian1 @kristynsmama @Lauren63 @Leahm9703 @linda19152 @LillyPad12345 @LisaMeighanMBPsS @listeningcariad @lostwithouther97 @lovelycoacoa @magneticDreamer6447 @mariah2009 @Marita7391 @meaningfulSilence @meeeeee @memyselfandmoth @meowcat1216 @mia4819 @Mich765 @mindtalk @miraculousTouch2949 @miresama @Mishka1599 @modestTangerine2193 @MoonMomm @MoreThanJustMe @Mscooper2789 @myloveee3 @mytwistedsoul @naturebeauty1234 @navyAcres6073 @neonKiwi9963 @nessa104 @NotAllHere713 @oa4me @oakley958 @Oceansky93 @oliveSquare2976 @OneErased @onkia122 @openocean @orangypie @pamharley003 @paperBird3348 @patientwater @peacefulRainbow05 @peachThinker662 @peachyOctopus9691 @PhilosophicalModel @PiecesOfWhoeverIWas @pinkpolkadots @PinkTriangle133 @pioneeringHuman7775 @politeGrapefruit179 @pompom @PurpleHearts7 @purpletree4652 @Pvoigt @Qoqnus @QueerChaos259 @QuietLightning @rachelkb123 @raddogme @Rainboho @Randumuser1 @redirecting @reguna reservedOwl6476@fighton @reservedPark4029 @resilience2025 @RMaunil @Rod88 @RogueOne1983 @RowanRawrs0512 @Ry @Salvatore123 @sandie @Scarletpear1945 @ShapeshiftSystem @SilverSeastar @SleepingFoxAkari @slothgurl17 @SnaryPoppins07 @softParadise1540 @soulsings @SparklyFly @sorrowedbunny1256 @SpongeBob2021 @Squidward @StarGaze10o01 @StarryCandy6123 @stephbrent @SugareeIsMe091121 @summerkay2024 @tallWalker4850 @TealPhotog @ThadSterling @theroadisbright @thesoda @thoughtsbubbleexpress @ThoughtfulMomma @tifecandy @tinywhisper11 @tiredbubble00 @tjitalia @toughLand5970 @tranquilEnergy77 @treefrog1234 @trueconfidant123@tryinglittleaudrey @txrmentedSxul @UniversalSmile @UrsaMayor @warmheart0890 @WentToBruv @waves @WorriedMagpie @WorkingitThrough2 @yellowNectarine9265 @YellowTiger5674 @yzzil @zeffa @Zeraphim @Zsazsa524
This might sound weird but I listen to scary story podcast while I fall asleep on my phone and listen to thunderstorm sounds on the TV. I usually can't fall asleep without doing this.
I have autism so routine is so important to me and calming in itself. I like to journal before I go to bed. Thanks for the question. I keep forgetting to implement reading again into my routine so thanks for the reminder. :) Reading before I sleep is calming as well :)
@amiablePeace77 I either tune into a show or listen to music or a good ol fashion Chat on the phone with my former elementary friend.
Binge-watching until I fall asleep..
@amiablePeace77 One nighttime habit I always try looking for is to look at what happened during that day and try finding 1-5 things I am grateful for that happened. Gotta I not find somethin’ of that present day I think of things thats happened within the weeks and years I am grateful for. Once accomplished I think of 5 things that I am proud of myself for.
@amiablePeace77 reading!
Reading
@amiablePeace77 Having my kitties sleep with me. Last night they knew I was upset so I had one on my legs, one on my chest, and one cuddling my side. They make me feel safe and sleepy
@ShellyZz
That sounds so cozy! Kittens can give so much comfort!
@amiablePeace77 It is, I've had extra cuddles as I'm grieving my Hopper. He had an inoperable tumor in his mouth at just 5 years old. I made the decision to put him down and it is killing me. If it wasn't for my other cats I would want to join him so bad.